I was not sure where to post this, but since I have VZW I choose here. In the world of Blackberry, is 3G or 4G relavent? Or is that strictly for a regular cell phone? I only ask bc I am starting my research now to find a replacement for my Pearl. I recently used a Curve for a few days and I noticed the web browser was much faster than my Pearl, hence the reason for my question.
    05-25-09 08:09 AM
    I was not sure where to post this, but since I have VZW I choose here. In the world of Blackberry, is 3G or 4G relavent? Or is that strictly for a regular cell phone? I only ask bc I am starting my research now to find a replacement for my Pearl. I recently used a Curve for a few days and I noticed the web browser was much faster than my Pearl, hence the reason for my question.
    The 8330 is a 3G device for both voice and data. VZW uses CDMA and their 3G (3rd Generation) is EV-DO. VZW will be launching their 4G in the form of LTE late this year/early 2010 but their are no devices that are LTE capable yet. To answer your first question, yes. The faster your data capabilities are the faster your device will be when it comes to browsing or sending any type of info via data, ie IM.
    05-25-09 08:21 AM
    Great, thank you for the info. Now I know what to look for in my next BB. I have had my Pearl for 18 months now and have never used it as a BB, only to call, text and use aol mail. Thanks to this forum I am doing BB things with it.
    05-25-09 08:26 AM
    There are two Revisions of EVDO (3G), Rev 0 and Rev A. The curve is rev 0 and the storm was the first rev A. No one has LTE (4G) out just yet. Sprint is starting roll WIMAX, a form of 4G. It appears the rest of the world is going with LTE standard, which means Sprint is going alone. kinda like VHS vs Beta.
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-25-09 at 09:12 AM. Reason: thang G3 and G4 to 3G and 4G
    05-25-09 08:27 AM
    There are two Revisions of EVDO (G3), Rev 0 and Rev A. The curve is rev 0 and the storm was the first rev A. No one has LTE (G4) out just yet. Sprint is starting roll WIMAX, a form of G4. It appears the rest of the world is going with LTE standard, which means Sprint is going alone. kinda like VHS vs Beta.
    G3 and G4? Did you mean 3G and 4G?
    05-25-09 09:08 AM
    yeah something like that.

Thank you
    05-25-09 09:11 AM
    3G = third generation G3 = generation 3 same thing lol
    05-25-09 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD