I have noticed for the last week or so that my battery life has been draining very fast. I am at 30% around 1 pm with normal to low usage. Our IT department has been in touch with Verizon due to several peoples blackberrys batteries draining to less than 10% by noon. Verizon is unable to determine the cause of this. Anyone else experiencing this?
    12-21-09 02:03 PM
    Have you made any changes to the device? add an application, change any settings?
    12-21-09 03:22 PM
    There are things you can do to save battery life, the 3 best things you can do are, to turn down the back light, options, screen/keyboard, Brightness (I'm on 40%), next turn off radios you are not using, that is the bluetooth, and GPS (and WiFi if you got a S2 or C2), for bluetooth go to Manage Connections, click on the upper right corner to bring it up, then un-check bluetooth (and wifi IF you got it). Lastly use standby mode, that is use a case with a sleeper magnet, and/or have it set to turn off at night when you are asleep.
    12-21-09 03:53 PM
    All excellent suggestions, and keep in mind that Lithium Ion batteries are killed by three things:

Time
    Temperature
    Use

Charging them heats them up, and counts as use.
    Using them counts as use.
    And time runs on.

I use Standby even when I'm just carrying the phone in a holster. Wifi is always off unless I'm connected to AC power, and I make sure all applications are closed when the phone is going to be idle. The lowest my battery has been since May was 45%.

Of course, keeping it at 90%-100% isn't always a good thing, either.
    12-21-09 06:07 PM
    I have not added any new apps. I have also removed my apps that I use regularly to see if it made a difference and it didn't.

My phone is in standby when in a holster which is most of the day. I charge my phone at night. I have a storm and the phones that we are having issues with at work are all curves. They are locked down and no one can install anything on them. Verizon told our IT department it was a known issue but there was no fix.

Anyone think wiping and reloading the phone would help?
    12-22-09 05:23 AM
    Which Curve? 8330, or the new Curve2 8530? You might try extended life batteries...

8330 http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

8530 http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content
    12-22-09 07:54 AM
    I have noticed for the last week or so that my battery life has been draining very fast. I am at 30% around 1 pm with normal to low usage. Our IT department has been in touch with Verizon due to several peoples blackberrys batteries draining to less than 10% by noon. Verizon is unable to determine the cause of this. Anyone else experiencing this?
    I know I'm a little late but this has happened to my phone(new storm2), wife's 8330 curve and a couple of people at the office as well. The only thing we all noticed that we have in common besides Verizon is the Bing app( I have the browser also) and we had 2 feet of snow. So it can be the low temps around here or something in the pushed content we are receiving
    12-23-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD