Not sure if this is in the right forum, but I thought I'd start here.

For the Curve owners..what is the mah of your battery? Is it 1000 or 1150? Looking to get a spare, but I'm not even sure what the power is on the one I have.
    06-30-08 09:12 PM
    The std one is 1000. You can get extended batteries here -

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content
    Last edited by Chaz; 06-30-08 at 09:18 PM.
    06-30-08 09:14 PM
    ^^^i get a lot of use out of my extended battery. about 30% more life. got it here.
    06-30-08 09:17 PM
    If 1000 is standard..then what is this Verizon is selling?

Standard Battery
    Your Price $39.99

Have an extra battery ready if your charger isn't handy or if your battery is drained. This battery is 1150 mAh. Actual usage time will vary based on user settings, feature use and network.
    (Part #RIM8330BAT)

Not hard to get confused on this one..
    06-30-08 09:23 PM
    Standard is 1150.
    I stand corrected - check several sites, but not VZW... lol my bad.
    06-30-08 09:39 PM
    Lol. A genius is allowed a minor error once every 1000 posts or so...
    lmao.... "Genius" was a title just given to me (man, I need a life), there wasn't even a test or anything...

Better be careful for a while now...
    06-30-08 09:58 PM
    This is what Alltel is selling for the battery..

Product Name BlackBerry C-S2 Standard Li-Ion Battery
    Brand BlackBerry
    Manufacturer's Part Number BAT-06860-003
    Size Standard
    Battery Technology 1 x Lithium Ion battery
    Talk Time up to 240 minutes
    Standby Time up to 380 hours
    Milliampere Hours 1000 mAh
    Color Black
    Service / Support 1 year warranty
    07-01-08 10:52 AM
    I want to try the 2600mah battery out because my battery doesnt make it through the day anymore. I have started using the mobile IM and letting it run all day and it seems to drain the battery. I really dont like the way the battery sticks out in the back, but Im going to get one anyway and see if it helps.
    07-01-08 11:05 AM
    I'm not sure I understand your question. If you are with Verizon and Verizon's standard batt for the Curve is 1150 mAh, why would you buy an Alltel batt that is only 1000 mAh?
    Of course you could always just skip dealing with the carriers altogether and do what I did. I bought one of the 1500 mAh batteries from Seidio.
    I don't like the 2600 mAh batteries because it upsets the natural shape of my Curve.

Just pointing out the difference in battery strength claims. If they are all supposed to be the standard battery, why are some stating it's 1150 and others says it's 1000. It can be confusing.
    07-01-08 11:11 AM
    Because they are different companies and they offer different batteries. What it so confusing? One company offers a standard batt that is 150 mAh better than the other. They are not attempting to mislead you, they simply offer different products.
    To my knowledge, there is no amendment to the Constitution that requires all cell phone providers offer the same measurement of "standard" across the board. They can make their own definitions of "standard" specific to their company.
    Funny..both batteries are stamped by Blackberry. Wouldn't that make them a Blackberry OEM product if they are sold with the phone?

All I'm trying to do is figure out if a standard battery should be rated 1000 or 1150 mAh. I used Verizon and Alltel as examples. Not saying they are trying to mislead anyone.

Hope this clears up my line of thought and questions.

To put this to an end I'm going to buy a Seidio 1500 maH battery.
    07-01-08 01:27 PM
    Funny..both batteries are stamped by Blackberry. Wouldn't that make them a Blackberry OEM product if they are sold with the phone?
    Here is the thing, carriers frequently include slight variations depending on production line, their own carrier nits, and in this case variations in hardware. Remember memory and chipsets can vary across the Curve line.

It could be as easy as who is manufacturing the CDMA version vs the GSM version. Or you might see 1150mAh batteries coming with newer Curves from other carriers but their production information hasn't been updated yet.

Nothing serious going on here. Buy the Seidio battery as you note and enjoy!
    07-01-08 01:37 PM
    I am struggling with the same issue because the batteries labeled C-S2 are not also marked with mAh and even based on the part number you can't always tell. You go try to find out if a battery labeled BAT-06860-004 is 1000 mAh or 1150 - it is not clear to me, maybe you are smarter at reading what Google tells you. And what exactly is Verizon selling under the part number RIM8330BAT? It is a C-S2 but that doesn't tell you much as you can find C-S2 batteries rated everything from 950 to 1150. I bought a second battery from someone other than Verizon, who said it was the same as what Verizon is selling as the RIM8330BAT and thus 1150 mAh but I cannot verify this. How would I go about ascertaining what is the power of the battery I actually have? It is labeled C-S2, and BAT-06860-004, and has S08315 printed on it also, and that is it. Just did a battery pull of my existing battery and it has that same BAT number but not the S08315 and it looks slightly different. Again can't tell exactly what it is I have.
    08-04-09 02:42 PM
    both the batteries i have actually have capacity printed on the back and are both 1150. The also look different as one came with the phone and another was a purchased battery from verizon
    08-04-09 07:43 PM
    REALLY? Where? which part of the eeny weeny tiny print?? Are your batteries the blue BlackBerry ones??
    08-05-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD