First the bad:

Those who don't know, Verizon had the HUB for all of what...11 months? And then decided not to continue selling it. Well, that was a horrific device that was like a decade out of time considering other technological advancements. When I found out they stopped selling it, I decided to do something about it...so I called and asked to cancel without a penalty, since I felt it was not going to be adequately supported/upgraded.

Now, the good:

Verizon Wireless allowed me to open another line of service on a contract - any contract - and cancel the HUB with no penalty. I got a netbook, special discount through my company put me at $179 on 1 year contract, which is a pretty good deal.

I don't have enough positive things to say about VZW. I've had every other carrier except AT&T and quite frankly it would have been like pulling teeth to get any of the others to do something like that.
    11-14-09 01:48 PM
    Your fears were unfounded, we still have a dedicated hub support team that supports the device. However, that's good that they did that major exception for you.
    11-14-09 01:58 PM
    Hmmmm - where are all the "promised" upgrades, enhancements & whatnot?

Oh, poor Hub - we hardly knew ye.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 02:47 PM
    Your fears were unfounded, we still have a dedicated hub support team that supports the device. However, that's good that they did that major exception for you.
    Well, the support wasn't good. Frequent freezing, random screen blankouts, no USB support, iffy wireless reception, poor quality touch screen, no real enhancements ever released, no browser, terrible traffic app, static when you're using the internet at the same time even when QoS enabled ( means the device requires too much bandwidth when trying to communicate )...and now that it's not being marketed, it was a strong possibility that such issues would never have been resolved. VZW even removed the dedicated forums. I don't call that support at all.
    11-15-09 06:36 PM
    Well, the support wasn't good. Frequent freezing, random screen blankouts, no USB support, iffy wireless reception, poor quality touch screen, no real enhancements ever released, no browser, terrible traffic app, static when you're using the internet at the same time even when QoS enabled ( means the device requires too much bandwidth when trying to communicate )...and now that it's not being marketed, it was a strong possibility that such issues would never have been resolved. VZW even removed the dedicated forums. I don't call that support at all.
    I guess that's why Verizon offers a 30 day return policy.
    11-15-09 07:20 PM
    Firstly, I've been with just about every cell carrier within the past 10 years. Sprint (a mistake of theirs would have cost me over 1,000.00 if it wasn't cleared up..which is when i terminated service) AT&T back when it was Cingular (phones kept freezing, service was horrible..no support from customer support) and so on..I for one, have nothing bad to say about Verizon wireless. Every time I call in (which is pretty rare, it has to be a big problem for me to call in) the person on the other line seems genuinely concerned and they want to help. Recently, my curve of about 7-8months started going wonky on me and I emailed verizon about it (it was after hours) and the next day, they called me bright and early and shipped me out a brand new replacement curve, which happened to come 3 days early Maybe I'm just not used to service like that, but to me that was uber awesome and has sealed the deal..I'll be with verizon for as long as I have a cell...kuuddoosss verizon, kudos...

The only small complaint I may have is, the folks in the stores always seem to be exhausted, would rather be anywhere else and unconcerned with what you need or if you need help.. but that's easily avoided, I suppose..
    11-16-09 01:11 AM
    First the bad:

Those who don't know, Verizon had the HUB for all of what...11 months? And then decided not to continue selling it. Well, that was a horrific device that was like a decade out of time considering other technological advancements. When I found out they stopped selling it, I decided to do something about it...so I called and asked to cancel without a penalty, since I felt it was not going to be adequately supported/upgraded.

Now, the good:

Verizon Wireless allowed me to open another line of service on a contract - any contract - and cancel the HUB with no penalty. I got a netbook, special discount through my company put me at $179 on 1 year contract, which is a pretty good deal.

I don't have enough positive things to say about VZW. I've had every other carrier except AT&T and quite frankly it would have been like pulling teeth to get any of the others to do something like that.
    That rep that did that created what is known as false churn. They can be terminated for that, glad it worked out for you.
    11-16-09 03:17 PM
    Firstly, I've been with just about every cell carrier within the past 10 years. Sprint (a mistake of theirs would have cost me over 1,000.00 if it wasn't cleared up..which is when i terminated service) AT&T back when it was Cingular (phones kept freezing, service was horrible..no support from customer support) and so on..I for one, have nothing bad to say about Verizon wireless. Every time I call in (which is pretty rare, it has to be a big problem for me to call in) the person on the other line seems genuinely concerned and they want to help. Recently, my curve of about 7-8months started going wonky on me and I emailed verizon about it (it was after hours) and the next day, they called me bright and early and shipped me out a brand new replacement curve, which happened to come 3 days early Maybe I'm just not used to service like that, but to me that was uber awesome and has sealed the deal..I'll be with verizon for as long as I have a cell...kuuddoosss verizon, kudos...

The only small complaint I may have is, the folks in the stores always seem to be exhausted, would rather be anywhere else and unconcerned with what you need or if you need help.. but that's easily avoided, I suppose..
    Wtf is "firstly" Whats up grammar.
    11-16-09 03:18 PM
    It goes before Secondly, apparently lol
    11-17-09 12:38 AM
    Immediately followed by "lastly"

11-17-09 02:32 AM
    I just saw a TV ad for the Hub the other day...

11-17-09 03:08 AM
    How?

11-17-09 08:07 AM
    First I turned on my TV. Then I chose my channel. I proceeded to then pour a cup of coffee (this step isn't required), sit down, and face the television set. At some point the commerical came on and with my eyes still on the television, I watched the advertisement.

I'm not familiar with the logistics from the network's side so I cannot go into detail there.
    11-17-09 06:31 PM
    BTW I'm not the only one who saw it. Read the comments:

The Verizon Hub has been discontinued, try not to get upset
    11-17-09 06:35 PM
    I just saw a TV ad for the Hub the other day...

Yes you may have, I saw it Sunday night during the Patriots/Colts game. The spot I am sure was an accident
    11-17-09 06:43 PM
    wow....i really said "firstly".....hmm....you think thats bad, say it out loud..sounds worse then it looks, i promise you that....
    11-18-09 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD