04-11-09 09:48 PM
41 12
tools
    It is indeed fact finding. I wanted them to tell me why I should go with Verizon instead of At&t. Any person can do that from their website. Any company will try and sell them selves. same as walking into a store.

I can go on there and ask blackberry questions if I feel the need to and I have before when researching the curve.
    you already have VZW. so, what is the point of you doing that? obviously, as with the OP, it is just messing with someone.
    04-10-09 02:41 PM
    Cross comparison.

Consumer reports does it all the times. Cnet does it all the time. It's company research.

My point is we only had one side. Why not finish the other.

I also agree, the web chat session does not reflect allot, but the old saying is there is two sides to every story...

Not quite sure why your jumping all over me.....
    04-10-09 02:44 PM
    Cross comparison.

Consumer reports does it all the times. Cnet does it all the time. It's company research.

My point is we only had one side. Why not finish the other.

I also agree, the web chat session does not reflect allot, but the old saying is there is two sides to every story...

Not quite sure why your jumping all over me.....
    i see your point in getting the other side, yester, i'm not trying to jump all over you or make YOU feel badly. i just hate when i see people intentionally make others feel like crap on purpose. it's wrong, imo.

maybe if you would have told the rep what you were doing. but you have to agree...most people will now follow you and mess with the reps. it just isn't needed.

you can compare companies by researching and aksing reps questions (without being a **** about it).

it's only my opinion and i have a weakness for this sort of thing. sorry if you feel like i'm calling you out...i don't mean to. you've always been really nice on here and i am surprised you did that. that is all.
    04-10-09 02:52 PM
    Chrisy - picture this...

People sitting at computers with a gridded screen in front of them. Their chat window grid has between 8-12 panels. Each of these panels contains customer input. They have scripted responses - click a button and the script is inserted onscreen. Press another and it goes.

In busy times, these people are handling up to 12 "callers" at once. Try it early evening and you will get their canned response of "PLEASE HOLD" while they handle others. Very often, they field questions for more than one company - possibly both AT&T & VZW. No concern as the canned answers are scripted per client.

Some of these online centers are staffed by people in jail or prison.

No one is getting hurt and the questions I saw posed above are mild compared to what these people usually get.

All these people do is see a question and decide what button to push - there is minimal customization, if the data-center side has their way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 02:54 PM
    i see your point in getting the other side, yester, i'm not trying to jump all over you or make YOU feel badly. i just hate when i see people intentionally make others feel like crap on purpose. it's wrong, imo.
    I don't believe that effected the person. I don't see where they were treated like "crap".

maybe if you would have told the rep what you were doing. but you have to agree...most people will now follow you and mess with the reps. it just isn't needed.
    If I told the rep or person in the Chat I think I would have got the same answers.

you can compare companies by researching and asking reps questions (without being a **** about it).
    How was I an *** ??? And calling me that on here is disrespectful

it's only my opinion and i have a weakness for this sort of thing. sorry if you feel like i'm calling you out...i don't mean to. you've always been really nice on here and i am surprised you did that. that is all.
    You have every right to your opinion. It's not that I feel like your calling me out, it's just like comparing which phone to get. What each ones has(features) and which is better from each provider. Every company will try and sell you on it. Not sure why your surprised... It caught my interest so I went and did it. I did not bash anyone nor did I cause any harm.

If this was a Sprint and At&t discussion would you have the same statement towards it.

Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc are all out the provide service, selling the product, we as consumers have every right to ask question on the service and what is given.
    04-10-09 03:09 PM
    Chrisy - picture this...

People sitting at computers with a gridded screen in front of them. Their chat window grid has between 8-12 panels. Each of these panels contains customer input. They have scripted responses - click a button and the script is inserted onscreen. Press another and it goes.

In busy times, these people are handling up to 12 "callers" at once. Try it early evening and you will get their canned response of "PLEASE HOLD" while they handle others. Very often, they field questions for more than one company - possibly both AT&T & VZW. No concern as the canned answers are scripted per client.

Some of these online centers are staffed by people in jail or prison.

No one is getting hurt and the questions I saw posed above are mild compared to what these people usually get.

All these people do is see a question and decide what button to push - there is minimal customization, if the data-center side has their way.

what i picture is some person sitting at their desk, with pictures of their loved ones taped all around in their tiny cubes...cats, wife, baby girl. they are on working overtime trying to put groceries on the table and doing their best.

i don't work in a call center but i ahve worked in customer service and while it is their job to handle issues, you know as well as i do that a lot of folks are plain mean, demanding, degrading.

i hope you are right and that you none of those reps feel bad or storm out of their tiny cubes crying!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-10-09 at 03:28 PM.
    04-10-09 03:13 PM
    I admit I've never used a chat window service for tech support, although I've seen one pop-up once or twice and just clicked cancel; but I have to ask, other than the JD Power fact, which TwinsX2Dad already enlightened us too, these too responses don't really seem to prove better service on either companies part.

I am not for or against this experiment; it does mean something even if it proves nothing at all; namely that this service is limited in it's ability to satisfy customer's needs no matter who is behind the curtain.

So does this prove anything new?
    04-10-09 03:16 PM
    I don't believe that effected the person. I don't see where they were treated like "crap".

If I told the rep or person in the Chat I think I would have got the same answers.

How was I an *** ??? And calling me that on here is disrespectful

You have every right to your opinion. It's not that I feel like your calling me out, it's just like comparing which phone to get. What each ones has(features) and which is better from each provider. Every company will try and sell you on it. Not sure why your surprised... It caught my interest so I went and did it. I did not bash anyone nor did I cause any harm.

If this was a Sprint and At&t discussion would you have the same statement towards it.

Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc are all out the provide service, selling the product, we as consumers have every right to ask question on the service and what is given.
    i don't care what carrier, i would have the same opinion. i always stick up for someone i think needs it. everyday there are posts on here bashing others and i guess it's just getting to me. i don't think yours was as bad but i still think it was mean spirited and not needed.

saying to the rep, is there someone who can sell me better than you are...is rude and condescending. (You: can another representative sell me on Verizon better than you or are you the best?). the OP was just as bad, worse.

i didn't say you were a ****. it is a general statement. i said there are ways of talking to people, asking questions without being a mean person. i didn't curse, by the way. it was the j word.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-10-09 at 03:22 PM.
    04-10-09 03:18 PM
    I had almost the same conversation with the verizon live chat service. I got so annoyed that I just started replying with the ingredients to a chocolate chip cookie recipe. Service in the store is much better. I dropped sprint and went with verizon, they support more of the functions I like for my BB. My ex husband had ATT, whenever we'd go to the store we'd have to sign in and wait like a doctors office!

Now in all fairness u have to do that at some VZW stores as well.
    Oh wait thats right VZW has a touch screen computer.
    Then your name comes up in a que as to what u are waiting for.
    Sales/service/returns/etc.
    04-10-09 03:19 PM
    what i picture is some person sitting at their desk, with pictures of their loved ones taped all around in their tiny cubes...cats, wife, baby girl. they are on working overtime trying to put groceries on the table and doing their best.

i don't work in a call center but i ahve worked in customer service and while it is their job to handle issues, you know as well as i do that a lot of folks are plain mean, demanding, degrading.

i hope you are right and that you none of those reps feel bad or storm out of their tiny cubes crying!
    So if I was a new user on here, heck not even a user here and just some regular consumer. Which I am sure they ask very very similar questions.

You saying I don't have the right to question a company as to why I should sign up with them?

It happens everyday in sales world.

I was not doing it as a game if that is what it may seem. I truthfully wanted to see what answers I would get to my questions. Same as everyone else in the US has the right to ask a company "why should I buy from you"

It's not putting anyone down.... I don't see in any of my questions how they are putting someone down or hurting them, or now putting food on their table......

It's their job to provide info to a potential customer and they did a very good job at it...

Respectfully,

Yester18
    04-10-09 03:34 PM
    So if I was a new user on here, heck not even a user here and just some regular consumer. Which I am sure they ask very very similar questions.

You saying I don't have the right to question a company as to why I should sign up with them?

It happens everyday in sales world.

I was not doing it as a game if that is what it may seem. I truthfully wanted to see what answers I would get to my questions. Same as everyone else in the US has the right to ask a company "why should I buy from you"

It's not putting anyone down.... I don't see in any of my questions how they are putting someone down or hurting them, or now putting food on their table......

It's their job to provide info to a potential customer and they did a very good job at it...

Respectfully,

Yester18

we'll just agree to ...blah blah. yes, i guess i did expect more from you. like i said i've always found you helpful and kind. no big deal. it's just the internets.

if they did a good job, it would have been nice if you told them that! geez! (You: thank you for your time but i am not going with Verizon today. you boasted customer service and i feel as though my experience today hasn't completely satisfied me. i will however keep Verizon in mind when making a final decision. Thanks!!)

anyway, that is all. i still think you're very helpful!

going to go cry in my cube, ha

chrisy

ps- sorry for calling you an asterisk
    Last edited by chrisy520; 04-10-09 at 03:42 PM.
    04-10-09 03:39 PM
    I could not reply to them as they closed the chat session. Once you tell them you are not interested at that time they kick you off the chat.

Sorry. Trust me I have many friends who work for Verizon and the Stories I hear, man you would not believe it.

I have my own VZW rep at my company and her gets allot of thank you's all the time from me and my personnel. Plus the Reps at the Stores get a thank you all the time.
    04-10-09 03:46 PM
    Its not like anyone here is threatening the chatline people or worse. The questions posed above are reasonable ones and probably a lot nicer than kids playing games.

I can picture AT&T kids making fun of T-Mobile reps online.

I envision T-Mobile kids calling VZW reps names.

I see VZW kids saying terrible things about the heritage of Sprint reps.

I picture Sprint kids venting their insecurities by making things up and questioning the bestiality tendencies of reps from all carriers.

Online comes with a level of anonymity. Some of that anonymity breeds nasty behavior.

The posted conversations are much tamer than some I've been in on, after getting completely frustrated with ineptness and incorrect information.

It is the ineptness that causes me to believe these chat services aren't in-house. No matter your opinion of a particular carrier, NO ONE working for that carrier is as bad as the online reps.

All I see above is some informal testing of an online sales/service channel - news media does it all the time and forums like this one are simply informal news outlets

04-10-09 03:51 PM
    Geez, I'm sorry I threw out the challenge (as the 2nd post). This whole exercise, while not all that enlightening, has certainly been entertaining!
    Have a Happy Easter everyone....
    04-11-09 08:33 AM
    well you know, yester is right, these people make a living in customer service. i deal with customers eight hours a day, and i meet people that complain, demand, and talk down to me. at the end of the day, i AM making money for being polite and helpful, so those people dont really bother me. i dont have to see them for more than a couple of minutes, and i dont take it home with me. we know what were getting ourselves into when we go into customer service
    04-11-09 08:38 PM
    you already have VZW. so, what is the point of you doing that? obviously, as with the OP, it is just messing with someone.
    I have to agree wiith you.... It's almost like he's trying to set someone up to say something that's going to get them in trouble.
    04-11-09 09:48 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD