I had a bad experience with trying to active my Bold 9650 yesterday. I bought a CPO Bold 9650. I got the phone in from FedEx not 30 mins after I went to the Verizon store to active it. I was there for about 2 hours and they could not get the phone to active for any reason.

Come to find out Verizon blocked the ESN because the previous phone owner had a written off account (couldn't afford it). Nice of Verizon to check the ESN's before sending out the phones. If it happens again, I am making them give me a brand new phone.
    09-23-10 09:39 AM
    Hahaaa.
    Epic fail.
    Sorry for your experience.
    09-23-10 09:50 AM
    I had a bad experience with trying to active my Bold 9650 yesterday. I bought a CPO Bold 9650. I got the phone in from FedEx not 30 mins after I went to the Verizon store to active it. I was there for about 2 hours and they could not get the phone to active for any reason.

Come to find out Verizon blocked the ESN because the previous phone owner had a written off account (couldn't afford it). Nice of Verizon to check the ESN's before sending out the phones. If it happens again, I am making them give me a brand new phone.
    can you go to a retail store and have it exchanged there?
    or at least get a replacement phone/loaner phone while waiting for the next one..
    that is inconvenience on your part and you're well within your right to ask for these demands
    09-23-10 10:04 AM
    They didn't have the phone in stock, so I have to wait til tomorrow to get the new one in. My Storm can last me one more day.
    09-23-10 10:25 AM
    ugh, you have more patience than me to be able to tolerate the storm for just one more day
    09-23-10 11:16 AM
    Wow.. that's pretty messed up. Keep us updated! Hopefully the next one is mint. I'm definitely thinking twice of ordering my CPO Bold..
    09-23-10 09:21 PM
    It's definitely rare, but it can happen. I figured the store would've called tech support to possibly get the ESN unlinked from that other account, but the new one should definitely do the trick
    09-25-10 06:48 PM
    If it happens again, I am making them give me a brand new phone.
    Make sure to tell us how that works out.
    09-27-10 10:59 AM
    That sucks!! But mistakes do happen. I too am surprised that they couldn't just unlock it for you on-site.
    09-27-10 11:04 AM

Now you have me worried! After months and months or waiting, on my upgrade (and figuring out if I was gonna continue to stick with BB after many years, or cave to phone envy and dive into a droid x or i-phone) I went with the CPO Bold, because I was able to get it at a steal of a price.

I've never bought a pre-owned phone, is there anything else I should be aware of? Anyone have any CPO stories? Good or Bad?
    09-27-10 01:19 PM
    Now you have me worried! After months and months or waiting, on my upgrade (and figuring out if I was gonna continue to stick with BB after many years, or cave to phone envy and dive into a droid x or i-phone) I went with the CPO Bold, because I was able to get it at a steal of a price.

I've never bought a pre-owned phone, is there anything else I should be aware of? Anyone have any CPO stories? Good or Bad?
    CPO's have been good to me. I have only had two customers call in with the above situation in almost 2 years, so it is extremely rare. I wouldn't worry about anything.
    09-27-10 05:46 PM
    I'm thinking about one of these CPO 9650s as well. What was the condition of the phone? Is it truly referbished, or scratched up in any way? I'm ok with a referb, sometimes those are better re-built then they were originally, but what I don't want is some crazy scratched up phone to show up and hear from VZW "That's the chance you took with a referb/CPO.
    10-01-10 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD