does backup assistant work on the curve?
    09-18-08 08:50 PM
    I tried to download it the other days and it said it's not available for Blackberries.
    09-18-08 09:08 PM
    No Backup Assistant dies not work on any Advance VZW device at this time. You need to sync your device to outlook or do a back up.
    09-18-08 09:18 PM
    great all my numbers are in backup for noreason
    09-19-08 06:34 AM
    Well backup assistant is for get it now capable phones...blackberry is a little more advanced than that. You only have to put them in once tho, so its not too bad. It only took me 4 days on breaks and lunches to put all my contacts in...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 12:57 PM
    You don't really need it, download the Blackberry Desktop Software and you can back everthing up to Outlook or even a webmail provider. I feel better knowing I have control over my data instead of Verizon.
    Last edited by kevin.py; 09-23-08 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Grammar
    09-23-08 06:10 AM
    or take both phones to a VZW store and have them transfer the contacts for you using the cellbrite machine (http://forums.crackberry.com/f34/mig...wbie-bb-69287/)!

quick and easy.

then do back ups of your device after that of course so you have an updated contact list saved on your pc or memory stick!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-27-08 at 10:28 AM.
    09-27-08 10:21 AM
    I had to copy and paste my contacts one by one from VzBackup to Outlook via my computer. Had about 150 contacts. Took a little over an hour.
    09-27-08 12:04 PM
    No unfortunately backup assistant doesn't work for the BBs but when i got my Curve VZW did it for free in the store before I left. and now i sync it to my Mac
    09-27-08 02:58 PM
    I tried this too. When I couldn't find the app on my BB I called back VZW CS. They said, yeah sorry we'll put a credit on your account so you can take it to a store and have them do it.

Nearest store is 45 minutes away so I just did them all myself. In the end that was much better. Let me customize each entry with first and last name, as well as add email addresses and home addresses. It also allowed me to get used to the QWERTY keyboard as well as how to work my new BB. Took maybe like an hour to do around 100 contacts.
    09-27-08 03:50 PM
    The machine in the stores will correctly set up first and last names and email addresses if you go that route.

Entering them manually is a good way to get used to the phone though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 04:42 PM
    There is also a cool app called upvise for blackberries that you can use to sync if the other options are too much trouble. App is free and it also includes wikipedia and rss feeds. It also alows you you to manage contacts via upvise website similiar to bu assistant.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-27-08 07:31 PM
    guess i'm SOL cause i just did my backup assistant on my LG vx8300 thinking i would be able to download it with my new curve... and after reading this... guesss not..

i'm running to the verizon store now. latersss
    10-06-08 08:00 PM
    I was a little bummed out about this as well. I loved the BU assistant. I am glad I checked here and will now take my phone to the store. I had about 325 contacts in my phone and some duplicates in outlook so now I will see where I get in the store.
    10-08-08 10:57 AM
    I use the desktop software and sync with Yahoo. Entering all the info is much easier on a full size keyboard and then uploading to the BB.
    10-08-08 06:41 PM
    what do i need to do to get my contacts off my voyager and onto my laptop so i can transfer to storm when i get it? any programs
    10-09-08 09:20 PM
    Just have a store xfer them from the voyager to the storm. then sync the storm to outlook
    10-09-08 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD