Does VZW backup assistant in anyway work with BB? I just ordered my first Blackberry (8130) and it should be at my home monday... I will need to switch contacts from LG Voyager to BB.... any ideas?
    02-26-09 09:48 PM
    No it does not. You will most likely have to go to a VZW store to transfer contacts, do it manually or try to transfer your contacts from vzw.com to outlook. Not a VZ user just an authorized agent so maybe there is another way someone might know.

But I do know that Backup Assistant will not work
    02-26-09 09:51 PM
    Easiest way at this point is to go to a corprate store to get them done. If you can cut and paste them into an excel document and save that as a .csv file, then you can import then in to outlook.
    02-26-09 10:14 PM
    02-27-09 09:55 AM
    No it does not. You will most likely have to go to a VZW store to transfer contacts, do it manually or try to transfer your contacts from vzw.com to outlook. Not a VZ user just an authorized agent so maybe there is another way someone might know.

But I do know that Backup Assistant will not work

Can an authorized agent do it or does it have to be a store?
    02-27-09 11:26 AM
    You'd have to call the agent you want to use. Some might be able to - it depends on the store. All VZW stores can do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 11:37 AM
    Can an authorized agent do it or does it have to be a store?
    Authorized agents can deffinatly do it. Usually it would be the ones that have store fronts and not the ones in the mall who can do it. Like the poster above me said call ahead of time. Being a manager at the kiosk in Costco I can tell you that none of the ones in Costco offer it though
    02-27-09 05:29 PM
    I am just making a contact list in outlook....this allows me to get rid of ones I dont need... I have like 325 numbers in my phone and only call like 11 of them LOL
    02-27-09 05:57 PM
    If you export them you can move them into outlook or even excel then transfer them into your desktop manager software then load them into your new BB.
    02-27-09 07:32 PM
    You might want to take a look at this:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Backup Assistant Exporter - Download your contacts into a vCard

I wrote it a couple months back, should work pretty good for what you need.
    02-27-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD