When I log on to the Backup Assistant website it only shows one phone number on my family plan, does anyone know how to get the contacts of the other numbers?
    11-22-08 05:49 PM
    If I am not mistaken, Backup Assistant is not compatible with BlackBerry.
    11-22-08 05:51 PM
    It's not but im trying to save my contacts on my computer so I can transfer them to my storm when I get it
    11-22-08 05:53 PM
    It's not but im trying to save my contacts on my computer so I can transfer them to my storm when I get it
    You have to register each individual phone number on vzw.com, to view their backed up contacts.
    11-22-08 07:25 PM
    When I log on to the Backup Assistant website it only shows one phone number on my family plan, does anyone know how to get the contacts of the other numbers?
    Backup Asst work specifically by phone number:

www.getbackupnow.com

Go here, log in with the # you want to view.
    11-23-08 08:31 AM
    Your VZW store should have a cellebrite machine to transfer your contacts from your old phone to your new phone.
    11-23-08 01:15 PM
    Your VZW store should have a cellebrite machine to transfer your contacts from your old phone to your new phone.
    Unless something has changed in the last 3 months that machine wasn't able to do the transfer to the blackberry for me. Depending on the phone model though you can always use bitpim to transfer your contacts to outlook then sync them to your blackberry.
    11-23-08 04:53 PM
    The Cellbrite machine is able to transfer contacts to a blackberry.

As long as both phones power up and the charging ports are not broken. The machine uses cables that connect the devices via the charge port. BlackBerry has standard Mini and Micro USB ports. Most stores will have the required cables.

i used it to move my contacts from my env to 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-23-08 at 04:58 PM.
    11-23-08 04:54 PM
    it does not work with most BB's
    11-25-08 09:25 AM
    it does not work with most BB's
    Backup Assistant does not work on BlackBerry.

Cellbrite does.

is that what you meant?
    11-25-08 10:11 AM
    y cant u just use the BB device manager? It works fine
    11-25-08 11:03 AM
    The Cellbrite machine is able to transfer contacts to a blackberry.

As long as both phones power up and the charging ports are not broken. The machine uses cables that connect the devices via the charge port. BlackBerry has standard Mini and Micro USB ports. Most stores will have the required cables.

i used it to move my contacts from my env to 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I also used the Cellbrite to transfer from my LG to my Storm. Worked like a charm. I must say that I was surprised that VZW hasn't ported Backup Assistant for BB. That is a cool service, and since it was automated ... it generated peace of mind.
    11-30-08 12:41 AM
    I also used the Cellbrite to transfer from my LG to my Storm. Worked like a charm. I must say that I was surprised that VZW hasn't ported Backup Assistant for BB. That is a cool service, and since it was automated ... it generated peace of mind.
    I've asked that question of my data consultant myself. He told me there is some licensing/legal issue with putting a get-it-now application on a smartphone.

He said it was also the reason it took so long for VZNav to be added to smartphones. Something to do with working out an agreement between the phone manufactures and application manufactures.

I don't know if that's true, but that's what he told me.
    12-01-08 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD