Hi
    Does anyone on Verizon know that if they were to delete this app from their phone, if it deletes all of their contacts as well.

I really don't want to use this app but would hate to delete it and have it take my contacts with it

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 12:43 PM
    No it doesn't delete contacts on your phone.

You will be prompted for an application update often if you delete it though as it wants to be reinstalled.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 03:28 PM
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:25 PM
    I deleted it and haven't had any issues. The app is cr@p. It's horribly slow and will chew up your battery if you try to use it.

CB10 via Z10 on 10.2.1.2141
    02-16-14 05:34 PM
    I deleted it and haven't had any issues. The app is cr@p. It's horribly slow and will chew up your battery if you try to use it.

CB10 via Z10 on 10.2.1.2141
    I have it running and don't have those issues. But, you saying it does, and me saying it doesn't, isn't enough for a statistical analysis.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    02-17-14 05:51 PM
    I have it running and don't have those issues. But, you saying it does, and me saying it doesn't, isn't enough for a statistical analysis.

Well...I'm glad it's working for you. Maybe I'll give it another try with the new OS. How many contacts do you have? I've got 738. Don't know if this makes a difference...

The Mayor hath spoken.
    02-17-14 06:29 PM
    I've only got 100. That might be the reason.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    02-17-14 08:06 PM
    Yea I just ignore the app. Delete it, and it will come back; it's pretty much crap. I think the the My Verizon Mobile app is pretty nice though.

I wish you could hide folders like in the old BBOS. I had a trashcan folder for just such things.
    02-24-14 01:48 PM
    Yea I just ignore the app. Delete it, and it will come back; it's pretty much crap. I think the the My Verizon Mobile app is pretty nice though.

I wish you could hide folders like in the old BBOS. I had a trashcan folder for just such things.
    So, make a folder that says trashcan and put the things you don't want in it. Then move it to the last page where you won't notice it.

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    02-24-14 05:14 PM
    You can go into your calendar and find the next date the auto-sync is set for. Delete it and it will ask if you want to delete that instance or the whole series of weekly syncs. Choose delete whole series. Now you can keep the app, but it will only run if you manually run it. I'd personally keep it, if not you can't sync contact to your Verizon account. What happens if you switch to a phone a NEW phone without a compatible app to swap contacts yet? Probably unlikely but can't hurt to keep it, if you're not letting it run itself.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-24-14 07:02 PM
    You can go into your calendar and find the next date the auto-sync is set for. Delete it and it will ask if you want to delete that instance or the whole series of weekly syncs. Choose delete whole series. Now you can keep the app, but it will only run if you manually run it. I'd personally keep it, if not you can't sync contact to your Verizon account. What happens if you switch to a phone a NEW phone without a compatible app to swap contacts yet? Probably unlikely but can't hurt to keep it, if you're not letting it run itself.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    Obviously that would never be an issue since we would always use a BlackBerry with Link!

Or one of the other great BlackBerry apps for backing up contacts.

But if for some reason you need to transfer to another device, industry standard vcard transfer is the way to go.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 05:44 PM