I have been a lurker here for a few months and work at an Authorized Retailer here in the Midwest and I have seen a lot of people ripping on Authorized Retailers and I just wanted to say that not all of them are bad! We pride ourselves on being very knowledgeable and making sure that our customers are happy with their purchase and their experience. Also, our prices are lower then corporate stores on a lot of phones so we are a better deal!!!! Just wanted to throw my two cents out there.
    05-31-10 10:40 PM
    I don't like you all because sell old devices as new. Sad thing is, a lot of people don't pay attention and realize some devices 3-4 yrs old are being sold as new. I rather purchase on line and new I'm getting a brand new phone (esn never been activated).
    05-31-10 10:54 PM
    Yeah, most people feel 'safer' in a sense, at corporate stores.
    Its true though! They do offer cheaper phones, just like Targets Mobile Solutions. They have a trade-in program where you can give them your phone for money to purchase your new device.
    05-31-10 10:57 PM
    I have been a lurker here for a few months and work at an Authorized Retailer here in the Midwest and I have seen a lot of people ripping on Authorized Retailers and I just wanted to say that not all of them are bad! We pride ourselves on being very knowledgeable and making sure that our customers are happy with their purchase and their experience. Also, our prices are lower then corporate stores on a lot of phones so we are a better deal!!!! Just wanted to throw my two cents out there.
    A lurker? creepy.....
    05-31-10 11:15 PM
    Yeah, its cheaper than us at a corporate location because you have already sold it 3 times and you keep selling it as new when people return it. Midwest huh? Do you work for Mobile Cellutions? That company is THE WORST. About 99% of resellers are scumbags, i have a customer in the store right now complaining about an authorized retailer. I cant believe Verizon lets these idiots represent them.
    06-01-10 09:40 AM
    Oh believe me we hear the horror stories that people have from other retailers as well but we strive to be different. All of our phones that have been used and returned are distinctly marked and customers know when they are buying a used phone, we present this to them up front so that they know and no I don't work for that company, never heard of them actually.......

My whole point was to say that some authorized retailers actually do care about the consumers and that not all of us are shady and try to pull one over on people.

Our prices can be lower because we are privately owned so we have more flexibility, not because our phones have been sold 3 or 4 times. I wasn't trying to start a tiff or nothing, just wanted to throw my two cents in like it or not.
    06-01-10 10:01 PM
    The authorized retailers in my area are helpful but they don't have competitive prices. They also have an additional early termination fees. Those are the reasons why I only shop at the corporate stores or Best Buy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD