hey currently in Australia for a few weeks hoping to use my new storm and when i arrive and turn it on i get nothing but SOS where my signal should show up.
    now i have done a few things to test to see wtf is wrong with it i tried the hard reset, didnt work. tried changing it from auto to manual and switching from global to gsm/umts it'll load up a few different possiblites including telstra, vodafone, optus networks come up in 3g and 2g but all i get is SOS.
    I read in another article that vzw may not have setup my sim card correctly? I had it working in Toronto a bit over a week ago connecting to their Rogers network up there just fine but over here i dont get anything.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-25-09 10:44 PM
    Did you call Verizon and ask them to enable international roaming?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 11:31 PM
    no, and since i dont have signal i kinda cant. if anyone would be able to give ma a number to double check on that i can get a phone of some sort. thanks
    05-25-09 11:38 PM
    9085594899 there are two different international plans to choose from. They can be viewed on the VZW website. Sorry I don't have the link. Hope this helps. Let us know how it turns out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 11:47 PM
    thanks unfortunately i wont know anything for a few hours it may be 3pm here but its a bit early in the states, thanks ill update this when i know.
    05-25-09 11:56 PM
    thanks unfortunately i wont know anything for a few hours it may be 3pm here but its a bit early in the states, thanks ill update this when i know.
    Thats the direct number to the Global Support Team. I'm almost positive they are open 24x7.
    05-26-09 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD