08-05-09 02:20 PM
47 12
tools
    I was going to make a wisecrack that getting a job where you have to wear a name tag is not being a member of the "cool club," but I see that you have higher aspirations (though I suspect working in VZW legal as a new lawyer would be pretty mundane and poorly paid).
    I don't know where you are located but entry level attorneys fresh out of law school start off at as rookies at $105k. That is just for your everyday run of the mill attorney. VZW I would imagine has to have a lot of attorneys who practice in intellectual property law, they start off at 150k-160k minimum first year. That's not too shabby IMO.

With what i make a year, benefits, tuition reimbursement and everything else VZW offers.....I wear my nametag with a smile thank you very much.
    VZW is one of the top 100 companies in the US to work for and their benefits,tuition reimbursement,401k, etc. are awesome. I'm extremely excited to get hired and getting to talk about cell phones and technology all day and get paid to do it is awesome. Just like smachart says, I'll wear my name tag proudly! I was about 2 weeks away from applying at McDonalds the way the job market is looking
    08-02-09 05:24 PM
    Yeah our attorneys start out at $150k.. also the only attorneys who get paid crappy are public attorneys (deputy prosecutors/public defenders).
    08-02-09 05:35 PM
    Any one here work for a premium retailer?.... pin:305CB0BF

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 06:05 PM
    They're already watching you, be careful what you say - especially since you havn't even received a badge yet and you're already representing the company. I remember being excited about the company that I started working for when I got hired, but you have to remember corporate information/security is no joke these days.
    08-02-09 06:15 PM
    They're already watching you, be careful what you say - especially since you havn't even received a badge yet and you're already representing the company. I remember being excited about the company that I started working for when I got hired, but you have to remember corporate information/security is no joke these days.
    I haven't said anything, have I? Obviously all the statements I made were pure speculation because I don't know anything yet.
    08-02-09 06:20 PM
    I love when customers think I get paid minimum wage, they really have no clue.

I know.. It's great.. they really have no idea that we're compensated well.
    08-02-09 08:33 PM
    I don't know anything yet.
    "Yet" is the operative word here.

Help a few customers, post some here, and before you know it, every Tom, Dick and Dopey will think you set pricing policy, write the terms and conditions and know every device verizon will offer in the next two years.

08-03-09 12:38 AM
    Because anonymity is key. VZW doesn't want its employees identifying themselves as such on message boards and forums, they've told us this.

way to go Robert J. Smith, now everyone knows your Crackberry screen name.
    08-03-09 01:32 AM
    It always makes me laugh when people ask "why don't you just ...." (replace the port .. or whatever) instead of swapping out the whole phone.

Believe me, if VZW still thought that was cost effective, it would be happening.
    08-03-09 09:14 AM
    Thanks! I was ecstatic to get it, I've applied twice in the past few years. I'm obsessed with BB's/cell phones/ technology in general. In this crap economy and after hearing about VZW having to cut 8,000 jobs in the news I was shocked that I still got my foot in the door. I'm going to law school now and hopefully I can keep this job until I get my JD and then I can see if VZW can hopefully use me in their legal dept.
    VZW DID NOT CUT 8,000 jobs... Verizon Communications did. Wireline vs Wireless. Wireless is as strong as ever.

Congrats on the job. PM me if you have any questions... which then I will have you look me up in Outlook to keep us both safe!
    08-03-09 11:40 AM
    Just saw this post..
    CONGRATS!
    Soak up the training... the more you know going in the better rep you'll be. We were all noobs at one point and you learn a lot in training but even more when you hit the floor.
    08-03-09 11:54 AM
    Yeah I was lucky enough to be in the store for a couple of weeks before going to training. I learned so much just from watching those who were already in the store working.
    08-03-09 12:05 PM
    Never learned a secret handshake, but I did get a few vouchers for free beer

Bottom line, never post company proprietary information and accept the fact that you're trying to do your best and you can not save every disgruntled poster on forums and you'll lead a happy existence along without having to worry about corporate security coming after you. Should you decide to identify yourself as an employee, then just remember everything you type does reflect on the company because of your association. Just show class, decorum, and protect any confidential information. I do not believe for a moment that VZW frowns upon employees helping others on internet forums provided they use good judgment and protect both the company and customer's best interests.

Welcome to the company. Great company to work for.
    08-03-09 07:17 PM
    Wow, you guys go through 5 weeks of training and still can't fix basic phone problems without just replacing the phone.

Not all of you, but most CSRs are pretty brainless. You either need better training during that 5 weeks or a tech entry test.

CSRs and Techs are two different things.
    08-03-09 08:11 PM
    CSRs and Techs are two different things.
    depending on where you are. some stores are now running with just management, care reps, and sales reps, no technicians.
    08-03-09 08:26 PM
    Thanks all for the congrats! Just had my first day orientation. Long but informative. I'm extra pumped about getting hired. I love the benefits and all the community service Verizon does. Great company great job. Good times! Hope to meet you all hopefully soon

08-03-09 08:30 PM
    Benefits are rather awesome.
    08-03-09 08:37 PM
    depending on where you are. some stores are now running with just management, care reps, and sales reps, no technicians.
    Sounds like OP was working in a call center though. I could be wrong. My bad if I am wrong.
    08-03-09 09:12 PM
    No hes not in a call center.. there is a lot more than five weeks of training for call center care.
    08-03-09 09:35 PM
    Lol, because it would be a major paycut. And I already do much higher tech work then just smartphone training and setup.

what do u do by the way, im curious??..i like when girls are smarter then most guys when it comes to technology
    08-04-09 09:40 PM
    They've made it clear that they do not want us representing them in an unofficial capacity...I've gotten newsletters specifically mentioning message boards and
    forums.

where the newsletter sent just to you or a mass email was sent out? what else did they tell you?
    08-05-09 02:02 PM
    To the OP, congratulations, and Welcome to Verizon Wireless...

5 weeks? Pfft! That's nothing!!

Any inside information NEVER leaves your brain. Do NOT post anything on any message board or over the counter/phone to any customer. You will get canned for it, w/o warning. I've seen it happen personally. VZW takes it VERY seriously.

Work hard, and as Weekend said, maintain a high amount of integrity. Do those things, and you'll be fine.
    08-05-09 02:20 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD