08-05-09 02:20 PM
47 12
tools
    I just wanted to give you guys a shout. I just finished my background check and drug test last week and I'm going to be part of the Verizon Wireless team starting Monday August 3rd! I'm going to be a customer service rep. I got the 5 week training (why soooo long???) all the way up in Folsom. Email me for pin. You guys have like some cool club that I can be in now, or advice? I gotta learn the secret "big red" handshake and all that still though . How many other crackberrians do we have sprinkled out in Verizon?
    Last edited by pgaray20; 08-01-09 at 10:06 PM. Reason: PERSONAL INFO DELETED THANKS FOR THE ADVICE GUYS!!!
    08-01-09 09:21 PM
    Congrats on the getting the job. Yes I would not give out your Pin or personal info so fast.
    08-01-09 09:48 PM
    I got the 5 week training (why soooo long???) all the way up in Folsom.
    Because you'll need all the training you can get. And it still won't be enough.
    08-01-09 09:51 PM
    Thanks for the personal info deleting tip guys, I edited it. Why did you guys suggest it? I guess I'm just too trusting. Really 5 weeks still not enough? Any other tips or tricks? What about my secret handshake?
    08-01-09 10:07 PM
    Thanks for the personal info deleting tip guys, I edited it. Why did you guys suggest it?
    Because we are sure you don't want to spend half your day responding to customer service inquiries received in your pm box.

Really 5 weeks still not enough?
    Yes, there is so much information to learn and so little time to go over it. You'll probably spend atleast a week or two just learning how to navigate the billing/point of sale systems.
    08-01-09 10:21 PM
    Do you guys use Retail Pro? I've used that at previous jobs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 10:24 PM
    Welcome & Congratulations. Remember Integrity really is at the core of who we are, please be honest when dealing with customers.

I wouldn't give out personal info on here. Are you a Customer Service rep on the phones or in the store? Five weeks is short. We have 18 weeks of training over the phones.
    08-01-09 10:28 PM
    Do you guys use Retail Pro? I've used that at previous jobs

It's a surprise!
    08-01-09 10:33 PM
    Welcome & Congratulations. Remember Integrity really is at the core of who we are, please be honest when dealing with customers.

I wouldn't give out personal info on here. Are you a Customer Service rep on the phones or in the store? Five weeks is short. We have 18 weeks of training over the phones.
    I'm always honest. I'm too used to be on the other side too be dishonest and make up excuses to people, I hate when people do that to me. I'm a customer service rep in the store. I just can't fathom what would take so long to learn. It's going to be fun talking about cell phones though, my kind of class.
    08-01-09 11:17 PM
    Because anonymity is key. VZW doesn't want its employees identifying themselves as such on message boards and forums, they've told us this.

I'm sure I'll get the whole schpeal on Monday but Verizon is really cloak and dagger on everything. It's okay because in 48 hours I'll be in the cool club going to everyone
    08-01-09 11:19 PM
    Wow, you guys go through 5 weeks of training and still can't fix basic phone problems without just replacing the phone.

Not all of you, but most CSRs are pretty brainless. You either need better training during that 5 weeks or a tech entry test.

08-01-09 11:50 PM
    If it's so easy, why don't you do it?

Lol, because it would be a major paycut. And I already do much higher tech work then just smartphone training and setup.

08-01-09 11:54 PM
    Wow, you guys go through 5 weeks of training and still can't fix basic phone problems without just replacing the phone.

Not all of you, but most CSRs are pretty brainless. You either need better training during that 5 weeks or a tech entry test.

They go through 5 weeks cuz thats all they need for the majority of issues. And they don't need to know how to fix phone problems because they have techs
    08-02-09 12:05 AM
    They go through 5 weeks cuz thats all they need for the majority of issues. And they don't need to know how to fix phone problems because they have techs
    Lol, good point, but even the techs can't seem to fix the simplest things.

Don't mind me, I'm just ticked that VZW wastes so much money constantly replacing phones that simply just need a software reload. In the end brainless employees equates higher costs which they pass onto consumers by raising costs, which they constantly do.

08-02-09 12:10 AM
    Well to the OP congrats on your new job.

08-02-09 12:21 AM
    Lol, good point, but even the techs can't seem to fix the simplest things.

Don't mind me, I'm just ticked that VZW wastes so much money constantly replacing phones that simply just need a software reload. In the end brainless employees equates higher costs which they pass onto consumers by raising costs, which they constantly do.

I'm not trying to be an ahole or anything but if you have such beef with VZW why don't you just switch carriers? It's like if you hear a song on the radio that you don't like then change the station. I get where your coming from, I've had an experience with VZW that made me say WTF but in the end VZW always got it fixed and I LOVE their service and reception. I think at any business there are always going to be some employees that just don't understand what your trying to tell them and your going to pull your hair out. Verizon must have thousands of employees, you can't fault an amazing company just because a few bad apples. Just my 2 cents.

Well to the OP congrats on your new job.

Thanks! I was ecstatic to get it, I've applied twice in the past few years. I'm obsessed with BB's/cell phones/ technology in general. In this crap economy and after hearing about VZW having to cut 8,000 jobs in the news I was shocked that I still got my foot in the door. I'm going to law school now and hopefully I can keep this job until I get my JD and then I can see if VZW can hopefully use me in their legal dept.
    08-02-09 12:57 AM

haha.. tech entry test - oh they have tests..

"What symbol does a user click to close out of a window that is open?" -
    -A. Circle
    -B. X
    -C. All of the above.

Oh and then they have a typing test that most just get their friends to take for them.

In Alltel training you actually have to take a test at the end of 4 weeks and if you failed it twice (which you're pretty ******** if you do that), then you get "let go.."
    08-02-09 01:22 AM

Such as 30% of FRU claims are legit..
    08-02-09 01:24 AM
    haha.. tech entry test - oh they have tests..

"What symbol does a user click to close out of a window that is open?" -
    -A. Circle
    -B. X
    -C. All of the above.

Oh and then they have a typing test that most just get their friends to take for them.

In Alltel training you actually have to take a test at the end of 4 weeks and if you failed it twice (which you're pretty ******** if you do that), then you get "let go.."
    lol, I was thinking a bit more advanced the basic UI use.
    08-02-09 11:14 AM
    I had 6 weeks of training and it was mostly stuff on how to sell. They teach you very little about systems, so you'll be shadowing an experienced rep in the stores for a couple weeks to a couple months. I'm going to PM you with my info so you can contact me if you need to.
    08-02-09 11:26 AM
    I'm going to law school now and hopefully I can keep this job until I get my JD and then I can see if VZW can hopefully use me in their legal dept.
    I was going to make a wisecrack that getting a job where you have to wear a name tag is not being a member of the "cool club," but I see that you have higher aspirations (though I suspect working in VZW legal as a new lawyer would be pretty mundane and poorly paid).
    08-02-09 12:36 PM
    I was going to make a wisecrack that getting a job where you have to wear a name tag is not being a member of the "cool club," but I see that you have higher aspirations (though I suspect working in VZW legal as a new lawyer would be pretty mundane and poorly paid).

With what i make a year, benefits, tuition reimbursement and everything else VZW offers.....I wear my nametag with a smile thank you very much.
    08-02-09 02:43 PM
    What smachart said.
    08-02-09 03:02 PM
    And you do what for a living?
    08-02-09 03:36 PM

Wait lol i missed your "poorly paid" comment. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about do you? Us "front-liners" make good money, i would imagine the legal team that protects the company pretty much would be bringing home a nice chunk of change....much higher than us.
    08-02-09 03:42 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD