Been looking at phone service in central va and wondering if att is any good or am I stuck with verizon as the best service. I'm either going droid or iphone and att is about 20 dollars cheaper a month. Is it worth it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 07:57 PM
    In PA, you are probably bbetter off with Verizon. I've been to PA lots of times and never had any issues but there's lots of "out there" areas in PA that AT&T either roams or have no coverage). The first time i actually saw my phone roaming was in PA on Immix Wireless.
    12-25-09 08:44 PM
    ATT is your best bet.....I have it now......ATT has VA on lock down......no dropped calls.....excellent customer service and you wont get stuck with nasty ETF's or VZW's bad attitude
    12-25-09 11:57 PM
    12-26-09 10:55 AM
    ATT is your best bet.....I have it now......ATT has VA on lock down......no dropped calls.....excellent customer service and you wont get stuck with nasty ETF's or VZW's bad attitude
    I actually have experience with AT&T in the area the OP is asking about.

Without question AT&T is a FAIL in THAT area.
    12-26-09 10:58 AM
    nah......its nice that your so loyal being a VZW sub and all......but like I said ATT is def. the best in VA
    12-26-09 11:26 AM
    I live a little south of lynchburg and VZW works pretty well. There are a few dead spots but its pretty good overall. My friends on ATT have big areas with poor coverage. VZW just cuts out in little river bottoms and places like that.

12-26-09 11:52 AM
    Hampton Roads is a long way from Central VA.

I live in Charlottesville, and after a year with consistent dropped calls and no service with the iPhone, I went to Verizon.

Verizon has excellent service all the way up US 29 from the NC line to C'Ville. I have full bars across central VA when people with AT&T have no service.

From someone with recent experience with both VZW and AT&T, Verizon is far superior.
    01-04-10 11:30 PM
    Verizon coverage in the Lynchburg area is superior. AT&T has more gaps in their coverage... Especially along 501 and 60...
    01-04-10 11:59 PM
    i recently went to Lynchburg TN to visit my aunt and uncle who both work for jack daniels.

while there my verizon phone worked everywhere and my girls ATT phone had no service the entire time we were there. She actually had to use my verizon phone to call her ATT voicemail. She also had to have her phone calls forwarded to mine due to lack of service.
    01-05-10 02:25 AM
    Yep, without doubt VZW has come a long way in central VA. Iwas there this summer and it was near perfect in c-ville and even in the country (Nelson and Buckingham Co.). I don't know about ATT either way, but VZW worked great for me!

01-05-10 05:05 AM
    Been looking at phone service in central va and wondering if att is any good or am I stuck with verizon as the best service. I'm either going droid or iphone and att is about 20 dollars cheaper a month. Is it worth it?
    Was down in Lynchburg in May for a graduation ceremony. I had Storm1 on VZW, my cousin had iPhone on AT&T. She had service, but it was edge. I had full 3G coverage.

VZW has VA covered and covered well with 3G.
    01-05-10 08:53 AM
    I went to VA a couple months ago to visit some family there. My older brother has AT&T and of course I have Verizon. His AT&T was very bad with signal there is VA and my Verizon phone had almost full coverage the entire time. He even had to use my phone to call someone as his phone doesnt have signal there.

Best bet is Verizon for VA.. I couldnt believe how bad AT&T was there
    01-05-10 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD