Need some help if possible. I have Att bb bold 9000, now want to get my Att Sim card contacts in my Verizon Blackberry Tour 9630, can I just put the Att sim card in my tour and copy contacts to phone book? If not any ideas?
    07-13-09 09:23 AM
    You can if said Tour is unlocked. I don't believe it will recognize the SIM if not unlocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 09:47 AM
    Thats not true. you can copy contacts even if the phone is not unlocked. You just wont get the service on your ATT sim on the Tour unless it is unlocked. Put the SIM in, copy SIM to Device Phone Book. You are then done.
    07-13-09 09:50 AM
    Thats not true. you can copy contacts even if the phone is not unlocked. You just wont get the service on your ATT sim on the Tour unless it is unlocked. Put the SIM in, copy SIM to Device Phone Book. You are then done.
    Exactly - the non-native SIM is still readable. Contacts & such can still be transferred.

07-13-09 09:58 AM
    Thanks guys. I thought the entire card would be worthless.

07-13-09 10:36 AM
    Thanks so much. My tour is unlocked but it worked before I unlocked it too.
    07-13-09 12:07 PM
    Exactly - the non-native SIM is still readable. Contacts & such can still be transferred.

Mine doesn't work. I just got my Tour today (ported from AT&T), and it states that I have an "invalid SIM" when I stick my AT&T SIM with contacts in the Tour. It won't let me import the contacts. The SIM is readable (still works just fine) in my old AT&T phone.

I tried inserting the new Verizon/Vodaphone SIM from the Tour in the AT&T phone to put the contacts on it, but the AT&T phone won't even boot, and states I have an invalid SIM in it until I stick the AT&T SIM back in.

I managed to push all of my mom's contacts from her AT&T phone to her Verizon phone when she switched using a Bluetooth pairing and object push (biz card transfer). The Tour doesn't support the object push profile, for some stupid reason. I can't send business cards to it. Lame.

Does anyone have any pointers as to how I can get the contacts from my AT&T SIM to my new Tour?

Thanks in advance.
    09-16-09 12:02 AM
    Try syncing to Outlook. I mean hey its a smartphone.

09-16-09 12:23 AM
    Try syncing to Outlook. I mean hey its a smartphone.
    Well, that's true, but my old AT&T phone is not a smartphone. It's a Samsung A727 dumb phone. This Tour is my first smartphone.
    09-16-09 01:10 AM
    While I have the 8830, when I purchased the Tour, Verizon shop transferred my contacts for me. Maybe you can still try getting them to do it?
    09-16-09 11:09 AM
    Can't dm do this with device switch wizard?

09-16-09 12:06 PM
    Yeah from a windows mobile/palm device but not from a dummie phone
    09-16-09 12:32 PM
    . I have Att bb bold 9000, now want to get my Att Sim card contacts in my Verizon Blackberry Tour 9630, can I just put the Att sim card in my tour and copy contacts to phone book? If not any ideas?
    Umm....you stated you had a BB from AT&T.....so no Outlook for you. However, if your BB can morph into a Samsung ask it politely to transfer the contacts for you.
    09-18-09 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD