1. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    I was in Sliver City,ID which is a ghost town 2.5 hrs from Boise ID its way in the mountains to get there, 23 miles on a dirt road. This town is literally in the middle of nowhere. This town has no electricity and hasnt changed much in 100 years.
    I was with a friend who had a Verzion Droid she didnt have a signal but my husband and both did on ATT. Even she seemed shocked that we had a signal and she didnt and what carrier we had.

09-27-10 01:51 PM
    I was in Sliver City,ID which is a ghost town 2.5 hrs from Boise ID its way in the mountains to get there, 23 miles on a dirt road. This town is literally in the middle of nowhere. This town has no electricity and hasnt changed much in 100 years.
    I was with a friend who had a Verzion Droid she didnt have a signal but my husband and both did on ATT. Even she seemed shocked that we had a signal and she didnt and what carrier we had.

Thanks! I will have to remember that the next time that I'm in Silver City, ID?
    09-27-10 01:59 PM
    Seems like this should be in the AT & T forum
    09-27-10 04:21 PM
    True Nozzles.

Maybe ATT has a repeater up there on a radio tower.
    Good job though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 04:44 PM
    Well, I guess that explains why ATT doesn't work where most users need it... all the ghosts in the Idaho are tying up the network! :-D Boise State needs all the help it can get to bust the BCS Title Game and those "residents" of Silver City are working overtime, "campaigning for votes"!

09-28-10 01:02 PM
    Reminds me of a motorcycle ride where my wife and I ended up in a tiny Vermont town. I had the "no service" icon with Verizon but noticed several people using cell phones without problem. When I inquired, they had 5 bars of service. When I inquired further, I learned they were on Sprint. Turns out a very high-level Sprint executive lived in that town :-)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-28-10 09:05 PM
    Every town is going to be different though, they're all going to have service providers who suck and those that work well
    09-28-10 09:08 PM
    I've hiked a lot in the mountains of SW Idaho with my T-Mobile Blackberry in my pack. At the oddest places in seeming remote spots I've heard my phone start blinging with emails coming in. In this topography of mountains and valleys, with service in the valleys, you get some strange echos or reflections in some of the most unexpected places.

09-28-10 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD