I just want to gripe a bit. Why is it that ATT gets all these new blackberry's and the iphone and Verizon dosent get jack. Yea, Verizon has great coverage but come on, they suck with getting new phones. They got the storm and they dont give us an official OS upgrade and now they wanna put out a new storm and screw all of us who got the original storm. Im sure they wont give us any kind of upgrade option either. Will we even get the tour and the storm 2? Who knows. This is the stuff that really annoys me about Verizon.
    05-26-09 07:29 AM
    I just want to gripe a bit. Why is it that ATT gets all these new blackberry's and the iphone and Verizon dosent get jack. Yea, Verizon has great coverage but come on, they suck with getting new phones. They got the storm and they dont give us an official OS upgrade and now they wanna put out a new storm and screw all of us who got the original storm. Im sure they wont give us any kind of upgrade option either. Will we even get the tour and the storm 2? Who knows. This is the stuff that really annoys me about Verizon.
    What do the new ATT Blackberry's have that Verizon's currently don't that you want/need/have to have?
    05-26-09 07:39 AM
    It looks like they are getting the onyx, magnum, they just got a new curve even though its not 3G, they have the bold and they may get a storm from what i read somewhere.
    05-26-09 07:47 AM
    Although its probably impossible, due to CDMA, I would love to have a BB that could do voice and data simultaneously, like the Bold.
    05-26-09 07:49 AM
    Although its probably impossible, due to CDMA, I would love to have a BB that could do voice and data simultaneously, like the Bold.
    It is truly a very cool function. I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 07:52 AM
    It is truly a very cool function. I love it.

I agree. and after using a blackberry for some time now, I see the benefit. When a call is ended, every message that was pending hits the device at the same time because there was so simultanious voice/data. I also figured out that phone conversations are the reason you get signed off messenger apps. Seems kind of primative. Guess its just something we have to deal with being on CDMA...
    05-26-09 07:59 AM
    It looks like they are getting the onyx, magnum, they just got a new curve even though its not 3G, they have the bold and they may get a storm from what i read somewhere.
    What I want to know from you personally is, what is appealing to you personally, or what do these ATT phones have that Verizon's don't that you are looking for?
    05-26-09 08:14 AM
    I agree. and after using a blackberry for some time now, I see the benefit. When a call is ended, every message that was pending hits the device at the same time because there was so simultanious voice/data. I also figured out that phone conversations are the reason you get signed off messenger apps. Seems kind of primative. Guess its just something we have to deal with being on CDMA...
    Yeah, I did not see the point at first. But, when I got the Bold, and PIN messages and Emails started coming through while I was on the phone, I did not know how I lived without it before. So, the simultaneous call/data is a CDMA limatation. Why is that I wonder?

05-26-09 09:00 AM
    How is this verizon's fault?

05-27-09 09:30 AM
    Its no VZ fault that RIM hasn't come out with more os, but the least they could do with the storm is release one of the leaked ones that we all have been using. .132 is a really good one

Every other carrier that has the storm has released something higher then .75. Just about any of the leaked os is better then the official one.

05-27-09 09:45 AM
    I was going more along the lines that its not verizon's fault that rim makes more berries for att.....

05-27-09 09:52 AM
    Well, I would just want a Curve with Rev A on it. Why the Niagara? Suppose I do not NEED a world phone?
    05-27-09 10:18 AM
    What I want to know from you personally is, what is appealing to you personally, or what do these ATT phones have that Verizon's don't that you are looking for?
    1. A BB with a keyboard;

2. That isn't ancient with a poor screen, slow processor, almost no memory, and a crappy 4.5 OS.
    05-27-09 12:34 PM
    I understand where you're coming from. Be patient!
    05-27-09 01:12 PM
    basically your gripe is against RIM's CDMA selection, not VZW....but now that we've clarified that, you could always go to a GSM carrier and have 90 gazillion devices to choose from, and sacrifice the network. but that's almost cutting off your nose to spite your face
    Last edited by patches152; 05-27-09 at 01:34 PM.
    05-27-09 01:27 PM
    I know what you mean. Then VZW goes off and acquires Alltel who was the worst at getting new phones. Like Weekendbum said I guess patience is the key.
    05-27-09 01:29 PM
    Most phones worldwide are manufactured as GSM phones...their CDMA variants usually come out long after...Thats why Sprint & VZW get them so late.

Very rarely do we get new phones before the GSM carriers...although VZW has had a couple exceptions to that recently with the Storm & the upcoming Tour.
    05-27-09 01:30 PM
    basically your gripe is against RIM's CDMA selection, not VZW....but now that we've clarified that, you could always go to a CDMA GSM carrier and have 90 gazillion devices to choose from, and sacrifice the network. but that's almost cutting off your nose to spite your face
    Did you mean GSM carrier?
    05-27-09 01:31 PM
    roger that, thx.
    05-27-09 01:34 PM
    post edited...
    05-27-09 01:34 PM
    Why do I, for some reason, think I remember using voice and data on my Moto Q? Or maybe it was my 8830 on Sprint...
    05-27-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD