Hey guys, I have had very good service from Asurion about swapping these phones out. Basically the back story, I dropped my perfectly working from day 1 storm in the water. Bad I know. I get a replacement from Asurion next day but the screen click problem is there on the refurbished phone. I call asurion, they send me a brand new in the verizon box Storm. Same problem just as bad if not worse. I call again today, they are sending me ANOTHER Storm.

Now I shouldn't complain because they are very nice and are working with me to get me a working phone. However I can't keep having issues and replacing the phone because like most people this is my everything phone, home, work, child contact for day care etc.

I call verizon slightly miffed that I keep getting bad phones and asked what my options are, asked Asurion the same thing what happens on the 4th, 5th, or 6th phone! Asurions answer we can swap you to a comparable phone any blackberry. I said great, but they won't do it now when I ask. Verizon, obviously no solution except for swapping it out in store, or buying a full retail phone that's different.

Now what option do I have guys? I tried the screw trick for fixing the screen and it didn't work. The card trick doesn't even work for me. What would you do at this point? AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile aren't really an option for me because I love my Verizon service, and I'm only about 10 months into a 2 year contract when I got the original Storm. Will the next new one they send me be like my first one? Did I just get lucky with the first one, or am I just unlucky with the replacement. Any advice, input, or help is appreciated because I feel like I'm in a dead end road on this one.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Qazme; 11-19-09 at 12:08 PM.
    11-19-09 12:02 PM
    Not sure if you have many choices beyond continuing to get replacements until you get a good one, or call and bug them to send you a different phone (tour or maybe storm2)
    11-19-09 12:39 PM
    Well the lady I spoke with last night from Asurion said their process is refurbished phone, new phone, then one more try before whatever happens. But she said if your new phone doesn't work correctly simply ask to be given a comparable phone, which is the Storm2, and on request they swap it.

I spoke with the supervisor on duty, and he basically said it would be Storm for Storm until they ran out of stock. I told him I would take a different Blackberry a Tour etc etc. and he said he couldn't authorize it until the stock quantity dropped. Which I understand I fully understand, I just want a working phone. So I've got another one in the mail headed this way, hopefully it will work as nice as my first one.

I told the guy if they kept sending me bad phones they would be out of stock pretty soon, because until I get a good one that clicks like my original one I'm going to keep sending them back, he suggested I contact Verizon and see if they would work with me on a new phone. So I called them back and Verizon told me my best option to get that "right" phone was take it to a Verizon store and do the Asurion claim in store where I can wade through the phones till I find one that clicks right. That doesn't sound correct to me, but if this one tomorrow doesn't work right that's going to be my next step I think. Surely to god someone has a new Storm that clicks right??? Should I call RIM about it?
    11-19-09 12:59 PM
    Well the lady I spoke with last night from Asurion said their process is refurbished phone, new phone, then one more try before whatever happens. But she said if your new phone doesn't work correctly simply ask to be given a comparable phone, which is the Storm2, and on request they swap it.

I spoke with the supervisor on duty, and he basically said it would be Storm for Storm until they ran out of stock. I told him I would take a different Blackberry a Tour etc etc. and he said he couldn't authorize it until the stock quantity dropped. Which I understand I fully understand, I just want a working phone. So I've got another one in the mail headed this way, hopefully it will work as nice as my first one.

I told the guy if they kept sending me bad phones they would be out of stock pretty soon, because until I get a good one that clicks like my original one I'm going to keep sending them back, he suggested I contact Verizon and see if they would work with me on a new phone. So I called them back and Verizon told me my best option to get that "right" phone was take it to a Verizon store and do the Asurion claim in store where I can wade through the phones till I find one that clicks right. That doesn't sound correct to me, but if this one tomorrow doesn't work right that's going to be my next step I think. Surely to god someone has a new Storm that clicks right??? Should I call RIM about it?

Before you talk to anyone at rim they ask for a credit card number
    I would do like they said, if you get another bum phone, head into a store and show them the issue at hand. If it is faulty then maybe they will let you "dig" through them to find a winner but honestly like you said that doesn't sound right. But its worth a try. Also through verizon if you have 2 replacements within 90 days you qualify for a new comparable phone. It looks like the comparable phone as of November 7th is the Storm2...
    11-19-09 01:14 PM
    [/B]

I would do like they said, if you get another bum phone, head into a store and show them the issue at hand. If it is faulty then maybe they will let you "dig" through them to find a winner but honestly like you said that doesn't sound right. But its worth a try. Also through verizon if you have 2 replacements within 90 days you qualify for a new comparable phone. It looks like the comparable phone as of November 7th is the Storm2...
    If you can get Verizon to transfer your call to RIM then you don't have to pay. The tricky part is getting Verizon to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 01:20 PM
    If you can get Verizon to transfer your call to RIM then you don't have to pay. The tricky part is getting Verizon to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes thats true my good man we could but this doesn't sound like the type of thing that would go that route
    11-19-09 01:38 PM
    [/B]

Which extends your upgrade date 20 months... just an FYI
    11-19-09 02:58 PM
    Would two replacements from Asurion be considered two swaps? Or does it have to be a non-insurance claim though? I may have to visit the store tomorrow if this next phone is a no go. I don't believe Verizon will transfer me to RIM about this issue, as I believe this is a known no fix issue on their part, hence the new screen on the Storm2.

As far as swapping the phone out and extending my upgrade period it wouldn't really matter. I had planned on keeping my Storm1 until something really different comes out because the upgrade to the Storm2 didn't seem like it was worth it, even though I would enjoy twice the memory and the WiFi. However if I can get it as a comparable replacement I would definitely take it, who wouldn't?

I will check about the two replacement get a comparable phone thing though. Thanks guys, keep the suggestions and help coming I need it right now. Thanks!
    11-19-09 03:12 PM
    Which extends your upgrade date 20 months... just an FYI
    Ah yes probably the most important part of the multi-fru process! Ever has someone call in and say they weren't aware it would move their upgrade date out 20 months?
    Unpleasant.
    11-19-09 03:14 PM
    Would two replacements from Asurion be considered two swaps? Or does it have to be a non-insurance claim though? I may have to visit the store tomorrow if this next phone is a no go. I don't believe Verizon will transfer me to RIM about this issue, as I believe this is a known no fix issue on their part, hence the new screen on the Storm2.

As far as swapping the phone out and extending my upgrade period it wouldn't really matter. I had planned on keeping my Storm1 until something really different comes out because the upgrade to the Storm2 didn't seem like it was worth it, even though I would enjoy twice the memory and the WiFi. However if I can get it as a comparable replacement I would definitely take it, who wouldn't?

I will check about the two replacement get a comparable phone thing though. Thanks guys, keep the suggestions and help coming I need it right now. Thanks!
    This I don't know because they were replaced for reasons that would have been covered under the 1 year warranty but they were through Assurion so I don't know...
    11-19-09 03:15 PM
    Sounds weird to me. I work at Asurion and sometimes in the dept where the phones are shipped. We never had a issue with bad clicks on a new Storm.

They will not put you into a Storm 2 anytime soon. Too many people trying to scam there way to a Storm 2 now days through insurance,
    11-19-09 03:20 PM
    I don't care if it's a Storm or a Storm2 I just want a working phone...I'm perfectly happy with a Storm as long as the screen clicks. I just checked with Verizon the swap in store thing is a bust. The warranty thing is a bust, once you file an insurance claim all warranty handling etc. goes through the insurance company.

cpugeek you say you have never had an issue with Storms with bad clicks? I highly doubt that my friend, or at least the supervisor I talked with has claimed there where issues, and there are numerous people reporting click issues. And I wasn't asking about Asurion, they have been very friendly and trying to get me a good phone and that's all I ask for, so I hardly feel I'm, "trying to scam my way to a Storm 2" but thanks for the back handed help.

Either way I just want a working Blackberry, I love my Storm I'm so mad at myself for dropping my first one it worked perfectly.......we shall see tomorrow.
    11-19-09 03:33 PM
    Sounds weird to me. I work at Asurion and sometimes in the dept where the phones are shipped. We never had a issue with bad clicks on a new Storm.

They will not put you into a Storm 2 anytime soon. Too many people trying to scam there way to a Storm 2 now days through insurance,
    Which assurion center do you work at?
    11-19-09 03:37 PM
    SUCCESS!!! I got my third Storm1 in today from Asurion and it works PERFECTLY, as good if not better than my original!! Thanks guys for all the help through my "troubled times". It really helped me knowing what others thought about the issue. I'm so happy right now you guys have no clue, the screen click like butter, but less slippery.

I was so happy, I even called up Asurion and asked the claims lady to tell everyone thank you for being so gracious and helpful in helping me get a phone that satisfied me!

Morale of the story, if you ain't happy keep pushing and you will get what you need/want.

First Phone: Refurbished from Canada/Click issue
    Second Phone: "New" box had double tamper seals over each other, I think it was actually a previously opened phone too, from Mexico/ Click Issue.
    Third Phone: No double seal, no yellow sticker on the box, green this time(?) from Hungary/ Perfectly working!!!

Thanks again!
    11-20-09 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD