I had a claimed filed with Asurion for my Blackberry Storm which I will get sometime tomorrow.

I upgraded my Storm to a DROID X which was still on back order. Well I got my DROID X shipped out early to me today YAY!!

Here is my question???

I have not activated my DROID X yet. I just wanted to know what will happen to my Blackberry Storm if I activate my DROID X tonight??

Will I be able to SELL my Blackberry Storm still if I activate my DROID X tonight??

I REALLY want to play with my DROID X but I don't know what will happen to my Storm that will be here tomorrow??
    08-17-10 10:17 PM
    if it was with asurion then it will count as an insurance claim and you only get 2 every 12 month period...so yes you can sell the storm if you like.
    08-17-10 10:27 PM
    This will be my 2nd claim on this POS Storm within 12 months.

When I activate my Droid X will I start fresh with the 2 claims again??
    08-18-10 08:35 AM
    no, it starts when you first filed a claim with Asurion for that storm...so a year form your first filing
    08-18-10 09:09 AM
    no, it starts when you first filed a claim with Asurion for that storm...so a year form your first filing
    Wait...does this only apply to user-caused events like spills, losing it, etc?

I filed a claim under the extended warranty part of the program...screen just didn't work...would hate to think RIM would screw me over on insurance payments on a future non-RIM phone.
    08-18-10 10:07 AM
    Warranty claims are unlimited
    08-18-10 11:29 AM
    Warranty claims are unlimited
    Not really. You usually only have the first year or two years with an extended warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 11:50 AM
    and there are no limits to the number of manufacturer warranty claims within that time frame
    I know...and?
    08-18-10 02:05 PM
    yes yes that's what I meant with in the 1 (or 2 years IF you pay the extra 1.99 a month) you have unlimited exchanged subject to actual defects.

Is there a bug up your behind today Mario or something? Am I going to have to sic Christine on you?
    08-18-10 02:46 PM
    You will need to activate the BB on your line.
    Then just switch to the DX.
    08-18-10 03:39 PM
    and if your going to go around correcting people at least do it with the proper complete information
    How was it incomplete?

08-18-10 03:43 PM
    yes yes that's what I meant with in the 1 (or 2 years IF you pay the extra 1.99 a month) you have unlimited exchanged subject to actual defects.

Is there a bug up your behind today Mario or something? Am I going to have to sic Christine on you?
    I do have a bug.....and it looks like you! I miss Christine, bring her over.

08-18-10 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD