Are the recent Asurion pricing changes the same for all cell companies?

Insurance for regular phones is now $4.49/month (without extended warranty) with a $39 deductible.
    Insurance for PDA/Advanced devices is now $6.00/month (without extended warranty) with a $89 deductible.

I was just curious. I would think that it would be the same for all companies since Asurion is a third-party company.
    05-31-09 02:41 PM
    I do not believe so. Asurion has different rates/deductibles for each company.
    05-31-09 04:51 PM
    On Sprint the deductibles are $50 for non PDA and $100 for PDA Equipment Protection is $4 per month
    05-31-09 05:13 PM
    Are the recent Asurion pricing changes the same for all cell companies?

Insurance for regular phones is now $4.49/month (without extended warranty) with a $39 deductible.
    Insurance for PDA/Advanced devices is now $6.00/month (without extended warranty) with a $89 deductible.

I was just curious. I would think that it would be the same for all companies since Asurion is a third-party company.
    Has anyone ever had this happen - claims with Asurion where they keep sending you a bad refurb phone and then won't let you claim anymore after the 3 phones for the year?

What should you do - if you're outside of the warrenty & that happens. I really didn't want to have to buy a new phone... I'm one of those get something I want and stick with it, kind of people. :P
    05-31-09 05:55 PM
    The terms and conditions of the insurance policies are different for every carrier Asurion insures.
    06-01-09 01:19 PM
    Has anyone ever had this happen - claims with Asurion where they keep sending you a bad refurb phone and then won't let you claim anymore after the 3 phones for the year?

What should you do - if you're outside of the warrenty & that happens. I really didn't want to have to buy a new phone... I'm one of those get something I want and stick with it, kind of people. :P
    the asurion devices have a limited 30 day warantee before the carrier picks up the warantee coverage. within 30 days of the claim the exchange goes through asurion. it isn't a separate claim, just an exchange within the claim you already filed. if they're telling you that you need to do another claim i'd escalate or call VZW and have them call for you.
    06-01-09 02:34 PM
    the asurion devices have a limited 30 day warantee before the carrier picks up the warantee coverage. within 30 days of the claim the exchange goes through asurion. it isn't a separate claim, just an exchange within the claim you already filed. if they're telling you that you need to do another claim i'd escalate or call VZW and have them call for you.
    It depends on if the phone was sent refurbished or brand new. If new, then what you said applies. If refurbished, asurion handles all warranty claims for 12 months on the device.
    06-01-09 04:44 PM
    It depends on if the phone was sent refurbished or brand new. If new, then what you said applies. If refurbished, asurion handles all warranty claims for 12 months on the device.
    as of when? when i got my storm in december the pamphlet didn't say anything about this...i'll see what i can find out about this and try to find a link to coverage per carrier.
    06-01-09 04:51 PM
    That sucks!
    06-02-09 11:00 AM
    the PDF file outlining the coverage didn't say anything about asurion warantee for devices sent for a claim.

wtf?
    06-02-09 12:26 PM
    For VZW, any phone ordered through Asurion (whether new or refurbished) carries a limited 90 day warranty. Replacements in those 90 days must go through Asurion and cannot be done in retail stores because the warranty through Asurion overrides the replacements in store (since it was Asurion's phone). As far as I know, there is no limit to how many warranty replacements they can do in this time, but then again, I don't work for Asurion. There can only be two actual phone CLAIMS in a 24 month period, but I don't think their warranty replacements are counted towards that since they aren't really claims.
    06-02-09 12:33 PM
    i think the issue that the other post brought up was that asurion was trying to file an "exchange" as a claim, and therefore limiting how many you can do, and charging you for it....it should be a free exchange, and there should be no limits to how many. whatevs...
    06-02-09 12:47 PM
    the PDF file outlining the coverage didn't say anything about asurion warantee for devices sent for a claim.
    I've read that same piece of toilet paper myself & have not found anything regarding this either.

And, it is within 12 months - if you make two claims within a calendar year, your coverage is then cancelled until you buy a brand new phone. Buy new phone in Jan, break it in a lover's quarrel on Valentine's Day, then lose your replacement Memorial Day, no more insurance until you buy a new one. You could conceivably get 3 claims in a 24-month period if you time it just right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 02:09 PM
    For VZW, any phone ordered through Asurion (whether new or refurbished) carries a limited 90 day warranty. Replacements in those 90 days must go through Asurion and cannot be done in retail stores because the warranty through Asurion overrides the replacements in store (since it was Asurion's phone).
    The warranty is actually 12 months from the time you receive the replacement device. If you get a brand new phone, Asurion handles the warranty for 30 days, then after 30 days the warranty is transferred to Verizon Wireless. To process warranty after 30 days, you need Asurion to send you a proof of purchase so the store can honor your warranty. If you get a refurbished device, the warranty is 12 months and is completely handled by Asurion.
    As far as I know, there is no limit to how many warranty replacements they can do in this time, but then again, I don't work for Asurion. There can only be two actual phone CLAIMS in a 24 month period, but I don't think their warranty replacements are counted towards that since they aren't really claims.
    It is 2 claims in a 12 month period, not 24. For Verizon Wireless subscribers 2 claims can be filed in a 12 month period. It starts from the date of the 1st claim. If no claims are filed within a year, then it restarts. It also restarts when you purchase new equipment.

Warranty issues do not count against the number of claims, and there is no limit to how many warranty replacements you can get. The 1st reshipment should be a brand new device, but is not required to be. The 2nd reshipment HAS to be new however so if they don't make your phone anymore, you will be offered a brand new comp model.

I do work for asurion, and this info comes straight from our knowledge base (not word for word, but in my own words).
    06-04-09 05:01 PM
    It is 2 claims in a 12 month period, not 24. For Verizon Wireless subscribers 2 claims can be filed in a 12 month period. It starts from the date of the 1st claim. If no claims are filed within a year, then it restarts. It also restarts when you purchase new equipment.
    Aah sorry totally missed that I'd typed 24. I meant 12. Thanks for the correction.
    Last edited by Lady.Khrystal; 06-04-09 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Quote rendering FTL
    06-04-09 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD