I want to get a curve but dont want to use my NE2 considering I will more than likely want the Niagra or Javelin.. whatever it is. Can I buy a phone off ebay and still sign up for the insurance? I assume I can activate it and im still insured but I dont know. Does anyone know if asurion allows this. Thanks.
    12-03-08 06:15 PM
    they will cover any phone on your account that you have insurance on. just think of it as buying a used car you still have to have insurance on it
    12-03-08 06:35 PM
    Good deal then I will possibly buy a used curve off of ebay until a new model comes out
    12-03-08 06:51 PM
    Do you already have insurance? I am almost sure that they won't let you add insurance onto an account unless it is a new activation ( new phone), however if you already have insurance active it will cover any phone active on that line.

Like I said I am not 100% sure on this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 08:00 PM
    Before my Storm, I bought a Treo 700w from eBay and when I called to activate it I told them that I wanted insurance and they signed me up.
    12-03-08 08:07 PM
    yes I already have insurance
    12-03-08 09:08 PM
    Before my Storm, I bought a Treo 700w from eBay and when I called to activate it I told them that I wanted insurance and they signed me up.
    Did you ever try to file a claim with the insurance for the 700W? We can put insurance on the account, but the insurance company, Asurion, won't necessarily honor it if the phone doesn't meet the requirements.

If you had it before, then you're fine. If you didn't and try to add it to a used phone, then you might encounter some problems with the insurance company.
    12-03-08 11:09 PM
    Any smart phone can be added even if used. Done it twice no questions ask after buying from ebay.
    12-04-08 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD