My 9530 was stolen from my vehicle on Tuesday 4.14.09 and I received a brand-new 9530 (not refurbished) from Asurion this evening!

I have read that many people have had bad experiences with Asurion (Verizon's Phone Insurance Provider) and I feel for those who have experienced less then the best. My experience has been overwhelmingly positive and I just wanted to put in a good word...
    04-16-09 10:27 PM
    Yep they saved me too after I had my curve a week and it jumped off a balcony! It is well worth what I pay for insurance each month...
    04-16-09 10:29 PM
    They pulled my biscuits out of the oven several times with my last series of phones, had to pay deductibles only on the 2 that got water damage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 12:46 AM
    I'm ambivilant about them. Maybe I should have a more expensive phone to make them worthy of my 7 bucks a month.

I need my 8830 replaced, and I paid 150 new in box on ebay for it.

Assurion wants 145 to replace it. And, not sure I'd get a new one either since they're older. Will they tell you whether they're shipping a new or a refurb? I want new and could just ebay again for that price.

Will they upgrade you (not that Alltel has anything better)? I seem to remember they would not when I had dumb phones. Actually, they wanted to downgrade me. Ugh...

Guess it's best when you have a cutting edge 500 dollar phone.

Seems silly. Even back then, I could ebay a new phone for what I'd pay them for a possible refurb.

Hmmm....
    04-18-09 10:04 AM
    Yep they saved me too after I had my curve a week and it jumped off a balcony! It is well worth what I pay for insurance each month...
    Yours took the blunge too?? I hate it when they do that! Stubborn little buggers aren't they
    04-18-09 10:07 AM
    I'm ambivilant about them. Maybe I should have a more expensive phone to make them worthy of my 7 bucks a month.

I need my 8830 replaced, and I paid 150 new in box on ebay for it.

Assurion wants 145 to replace it. And, not sure I'd get a new one either since they're older. Will they tell you whether they're shipping a new or a refurb? I want new and could just ebay again for that price.

Will they upgrade you (not that Alltel has anything better)? I seem to remember they would not when I had dumb phones. Actually, they wanted to downgrade me. Ugh...

Guess it's best when you have a cutting edge 500 dollar phone.

Seems silly. Even back then, I could ebay a new phone for what I'd pay them for a possible refurb.

Hmmm....
    Asurion charges a 50 dollar deductable for verizon wireless claims. Are you an Altell customer? If so then yes, the deductable is $95 with a $50 processing fee (just checked on phoneclaim). Kinda sucks.
    04-19-09 05:24 PM
    After 4 replacement phones through them (they all died within a week, q9 phones) assurion refunded my deductible because I had already went out and got a blackberry. They are always good to deal with, but I don't like the new price plan (doesn't affect me, but it will my wife when she gets a bb next month)
    05-18-09 03:08 PM
    My Storm disappeared between the hotel and the airport as I was leaving Rome, Italy last week. I reported it that night after I got home, paid the $50 fee and they had a brand new, factory sealed Storm delivered to me by 11 am the next morning via UPS. That kind of service is priceless!

I'm still waiting for the replacement holster they said was shipped separately, but in this case, it's all good!

Rich
    05-18-09 04:31 PM
    Yeah the leather cases frequently go on back order especially for the storm since we replace so many of them. Remember it's going to be a standard leather case, no frills and probably will not have a belt clip (not sure, never seen the ones we send). It's likely it won't have the magnet to put the phone in standby either.
    05-18-09 04:55 PM
    Remember it's going to be a standard leather case, no frills and probably will not have a belt clip (not sure, never seen the ones we send). It's likely it won't have the magnet to put the phone in standby either.
    Then what good is it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 04:58 PM
    It's better than having no case I guess. :/ I just know the ones they send with the curve don't have the magnet because I've had a customer call and complain about that. Unfortunately the cases asurion have don't have the magnet.
    Last edited by randabis; 05-18-09 at 06:33 PM.
    05-18-09 06:28 PM
    Glad you had a great experience with them. They are always good with me, and they definitely stand behind their product. My warranty had expired from them, and they still replaced my phone, with an upgrade in hopes it wouldnt have the same problem. Great company!

I guess thats why they ship 20,000 phones a day!
    05-18-09 06:33 PM
    Asurion charges a 50 dollar deductable for verizon wireless claims. Are you an Altell customer? If so then yes, the deductable is $95 with a $50 processing fee (just checked on phoneclaim). Kinda sucks.

If you ask they will tell you if its a refurb....
    05-19-09 02:37 PM
    Yeah the leather cases frequently go on back order especially for the storm since we replace so many of them. Remember it's going to be a standard leather case, no frills and probably will not have a belt clip (not sure, never seen the ones we send). It's likely it won't have the magnet to put the phone in standby either.
    The cases I had gotten in the past (for wm q's and treo's) were the ones you see at wal mart, target, staples, etc. that look like this.....but without the swivel feature.

Just Wireless Universal Small Black Case | Staples
    05-19-09 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD