i filed a claim on asurion's website for my blackberry storm. i feel and landed on it. well the thing is i received my bb storm today with everything. can i still use my old simcard from my broken bbstorm or do i have to use the new simcard they sent me. one more thing, do i have to send them the 8g micro sd card from my broken bb storm. they sent me another one but i dont feel like sending back my old 8gb. can i keep both?
    03-21-09 12:50 PM
    I cannot answer your Question but have one to add. When I signed up for vzwast week I purchased the insurance but never received any literature regarding way is covered
    Any help? Anyone ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 12:54 PM
    i filed a claim on asurion's website for my blackberry storm. i feel and landed on it. well the thing is i received my bb storm today with everything. can i still use my old simcard from my broken bbstorm or do i have to use the new simcard they sent me. one more thing, do i have to send them the 8g micro sd card from my broken bb storm. they sent me another one but i dont feel like sending back my old 8gb. can i keep both?
    You can use the old sim card in the new storm if you want. There have been people that have reported that they have kept the accessories that came with their replacement and nothing has happened because of it. You can place the 8gb microsd card from your broken storm into the new storm and it will work without a problem since it is swappable. I suggest doing whatever you think feels right.

03-21-09 01:09 PM
    I cannot answer your Question but have one to add. When I signed up for vzwast week I purchased the insurance but never received any literature regarding way is covered
    Any help? Anyone ?

You can find information about the asurion insurance program from the following link.

Verizon Program Information

03-21-09 01:09 PM
    Thank you so very much.

03-21-09 01:18 PM
    It takes a bit, but you should get the info in the mail. I know I did.

03-21-09 01:19 PM
    If you wish to swap the sim and sd card you can. It is just wrong to keep both and send the broken phone back. They sent a new one. So keep your mind clean and do the right thing

03-21-09 01:21 PM
    so i can keep both 8gb card or should i send it back with the broken phone.
    03-21-09 01:39 PM
    The right thing to do is send it back.

03-21-09 01:41 PM
    alright i will. i swapped both 8gb and sim form my old bb storm into my new one. i put the new sim and new 8gb into my old storm to send back. is that okay?
    03-21-09 01:45 PM
    Good choice. We are proud of you. By not doing and if everyone did this, it drives up cost for everyone

Than you

03-21-09 01:52 PM
    thanks for all the help everyone. i appreciate it . the phone is up and running.
    03-21-09 02:14 PM
    FYI, Asurion tells you to send ONLY the phone back in the postage paid envelope they supply. It specifically states not to send the battery or any other accessory back.

I recently filed a claim after dropping my BB. Make a long story short, I went thru 3 referbished bb's, which all had problems, before I ended up with a brand new one which has been working perfectly. With each one I asked whether I should return everything and every time they responded "only the phone, no battery, no charger, no software" I am now the owner of 5 batteries, chargers, etc. I didn't want them but they refused to take them back :-)

03-25-09 06:56 PM
    What number do you call to get a different replacement phone. They just shipped a 8830 to me and the screen is green looking.

03-25-09 09:33 PM
    What number do you call to get a different replacement phone. They just shipped a 8830 to me and the screen is green looking.

You think that is bad. Our company did an insurance replacement for a Verizon Moto Q and they sent us a Sprint Q that turned out to be active on 2 different numbers at Sprint.

Off Topic i know but just got off the phone with Sprint when i read this thread.
    03-26-09 04:17 PM
    I forgot to send my 8gb care so I called VZW and Asurion and told them and they said don't worry about it and said just try not to let it happen again.

03-26-09 09:25 PM
    You think that is bad. Our company did an insurance replacement for a Verizon Moto Q and they sent us a Sprint Q that turned out to be active on 2 different numbers at Sprint.
    There is an alternative. Read this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/war...cement-187934/

03-26-09 09:29 PM
    Any help? Anyone ?
    Everything is covered under insurance, as long as the reason you give is not intentional damage. whenever you file a claim, you HAVE to give an exact date and time. If you do not, they will DENY your claim. That's the loop hole in phone insurance.
    03-27-09 12:11 AM
    Asurion doesn't care if you keep the memory card. They don't pay for them anyways. When they order a phone it comes from the manufacturer directly not Verizon wireless. Most of the time they don't even know if your phone will come with a memory card or not. What they want is the phone, back, battery and home charger. Thats it, and as for Asurion.......I've been through 3 defective 8120's and im starting on the 8320's today so we will see how that goes.
    03-30-09 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD