I got an insurance replacement on my Storm for a cracked screen about 4-5 weeks ago. My replacement phone seemed ok for awhile but now my call button doesn't click when I press it. The button still works for now but when a button starts breaking its function will continue to deteriorate.

This is the first time I have ever had an insurance claim and I couldn't find any info online at assurion. Am I covered at all since my replacement device is a bit shoddy? I feel it should be replaced....but is it covered or would I have to pay another $50 deductible to get a replacement again?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 01:07 PM
    The phone you receive from Asurion is covered for 30 days for issues with the device. So you can call them and they will be able to replace the phone for no additional cost.
    Last edited by supermario28; 07-13-10 at 01:47 PM.
    07-13-10 01:35 PM
    I believe there is a 30 day replacement period. I'd call assurion and find out. Also, if you got your original less than a year ago it will still be covered under the verizon warranty
    07-13-10 01:36 PM
    yep. when you get a replacement from asurion, asurion covers warranty on it for 30 days. after that 30 days, verizon covers the rest of the 1 year manufacturers warranty.

in addition, there are 2 types of insurance. one is WPP the other is TEC. if youre paying for TEC, then you also have extended warranty, meaning, as long as you have the TEC insurance feature on your account, your phone is always covered by warranty for manufacturers defects
    07-14-10 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD