I've read the threads, but I was just told something different.

I only post because this is not what I have been reading....

I just got off the phone with Assurian, and they said that the number the phone is on carries the insurance.

They said if I bought a private party phone, I should then call VZ after I have it activated, and tell them to keep the insurance on it, and that it would then be covered with the same rules/deductible as my current phone.

(I currently have my Storm covered)

Can anyone confirm that they have heard this too?

EDIT ; I KNOW THE GENERAL CONSENSUS IS NO, AND I'M NOT ARGUING, JUST REPORTING WHAT ASURIAN (NOT VZ) TOLD ME. 'CAUSE ACTUALLY THOUGHT IT WAS NO ALSO
    Last edited by hal1; 12-23-09 at 07:37 PM.
    12-23-09 05:40 PM
    NOPE not true.....
    VZW will charge you, but when its time to file a claim..o oooo no insurnace
    12-23-09 06:55 PM
    ESN Change - (Customer Provided Devices) Total Equipment Coverage / WPP is not permitted to be added to a Customer Provided Equipment if the customer did not have insurance on the account immediately prior to the ESN change. This includes when the customer is adding a new line of service (that did not have TEC / WPP on the specific ESN.

TEC / WPP is permitted to remain on the MDN during an ESN change to a CPE if TEC / WPP was on the MDN prior to an ESN change.
    Gotta love the alphabet soup with these things lol
    12-23-09 07:04 PM
    ESN Change - (Customer Provided Devices) Total Equipment Coverage / WPP is not permitted to be added to a Customer Provided Equipment if the customer did not have insurance on the account immediately prior to the ESN change.
    That's the thing, I DO have existing coverage.

I'll call again to see if another Assurian rep gives a different answer.
    12-23-09 07:13 PM
    That's the thing, I DO have existing coverage.

I'll call again to see if another Assurian rep gives a different answer.
    Oh, sorry bout that, had to re-read it again, my bad
    12-23-09 07:31 PM
    I bought my daughter a phone off of eBay and switched the ESN online. It had an unfortunate accident last week and was replaced by asurion with no problems. I just had to pay the deductible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 08:53 PM
    Just called Asurion again to talk to a different rep. Told me the same as the first. I can buy a phone from a private party and keep my insurance coverage active. She said it is the phone associated with the phone NUMBER that is covered.

I wish I could find it in writing, 'cause even though I was told this by 2 reps, I still keep hearing different from you'z guys.
    12-28-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD