View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 96979899100 ...
tools
    I work at a corporately owned store and I have a lot of hands on experience with the Storm, as well as a lot of Blackberry's. I've owned the Storm, Curve, and the 8703e. I do on a daily basis explain the difference between the iPhone and the Storm. I do it professionally not in a biased manner. I am one of the few that do. I know people who work at AT&T and they slam the Storm and it's OS that its slow, and that the iPhone is a god. I've heard other Verizon reps diss the iPhone and make the Storm look like a god. Neither are, yes they both are GREAT devices, but they aren't a god. One issue in Maine is that AT&T legitamitely only has 3G in one county. Verizon has 3G in EVERY county. So running a 3G iPhone on a 2G network is dumb to me. That's my only beef with AT&T is that they spend money on phones, not their network. Verizon has averaged $5.5 Billion a year spent on their network. The focus is to enhance what you get for the money. Yes, other carriers are less expensive. Both US Cellular and T-Mobile are cheaper by comparison. Unfortunately so is the service you will get. GSM AS A WHOLE, not just AT&T need more towers to cover the same ground as CDMA does. While traveling CDMA technology performs a "soft-handoff" which simply means when you don't get coverage on a tower, it hands you off to the closest tower in any direction. While GSM the tower itself covers less ground plus provides customers with a "hard-handoff" which means if it cannot immediately be transfered to another tower it drops the call even if you drive by or close to a tower before the call is "complete". So the iPhone is a GREAT device (and I know this a Blackberry site, just know I'm only biased only by our facts not that I don't work for AT&T or that they have the number one reason customers port to them which is the iPhone) however the network isn't great. Verizon also has the broadest line of phones ranging from slide out phones with regular keypad to slide out phone with full qwerty, Windows devices, Blackberry's, lots of "basic phones". The one problem is the lack of Palm devices but I won't bore people with that rant (selection being the thesis of that rant). I am willing to help people with questions they may have, but do remember and this is the number one thing I stress with the Storm is that it may take two full weeks to fully get it. Don't expect to know it overnight, escpecially if you've never owned a PDA/Smartphone, especially a Blackberry. Back to being at work, I don't mind explaining the FACTUAL differences between the iPhone and Storm, but what I don't like is when people call it a "sales pitch" because I don't perform sales pitches. I am on pace to be top 100 reps in America not because I schmoose people into buying things, but by giving them options and discovering their needs. Which is what ANY customer want. Most people actually have a need for a Blackberry, but sometimes it may take a while to determine that. Another thing on my list of irks is when a customer comes in asking if the data plan is required. YES it is, for many good reasons. Back a few years ago, we didn't require it. at $1.99 per MB of usage and any one who knows anything about data usage, that doesn't take long to reach it was costing customers up to thousands a month. No lie, I saw a bill for $2300. That was $2200 in overages. All becausea $30 seemed too much at first. No, we don't enforce that to make the reason we are in business (our customers) pay more money, its actually to SAVE them money and enhance customer satisfaction. It saves the headache of worrying about how much you use the phone. We don't want to limit customers usage of their wireless phones, which even means worrying or avoiding using the phone. That's why its wireless, so you can you use it when YOU need to, not just when you're plugged into a wall. The reason it frustrates me is because most likely if you have to ask you already know the answer. All of us as Verizon employees know that so you're not going to pull a fast one and "get the one that doesn't know". Actually that first explanation is the "if the situation gets escalated" explanation, but the main is that a Blackberry is a DEVICE not a phone. Now i'm not picking on those who ask, but just know that as employees its something we dred, because in wireless or any other large corporation things are the way they are for a reason. Not because we are out to get you. We like our customers and we like that our customers have the largest average bill not because you pay more but you GET more than being with any other carrier. I love selling customers a GREAT product even if that day it may be more than they need, because they will find out how great a product is. So if any of you have questions, I will do my best to provide a professional and non-biased answer.

-Jon
    05-26-09 09:15 PM
    No I did not unlock the Phone, according to the guide I fond online only the GSM side of the phone is locked the CDMA is non locked. I simply changed a few things under the program service ##000000 and then called alltel and did a MEID hex swap. I then had to do a minor adjustment via QPST and everything is now working 100% except my email... mentioned above. Once again my fault. I will just have them call and ask to verify that the PIN has been cancelled. It was a employees phone, he requested a new one and the one I got has been just sitting in a drawer. So the Pin swap had already been done however I think I reactivated it when I was trying to get everything setup.
    05-26-09 09:27 PM
    I work at a corporately owned store and I have a lot of hands on experience with the Storm, as well as a lot of Blackberry's. I've owned the Storm, Curve, and the 8703e. I do on a daily basis explain the difference between the iPhone and the Storm. I do it professionally not in a biased manner. I am one of the few that do. I know people who work at AT&T and they slam the Storm and it's OS that its slow, and that the iPhone is a god. I've heard other Verizon reps diss the iPhone and make the Storm look like a god. Neither are, yes they both are GREAT devices, but they aren't a god. One issue in Maine is that AT&T legitamitely only has 3G in one county. Verizon has 3G in EVERY county. So running a 3G iPhone on a 2G network is dumb to me. That's my only beef with AT&T is that they spend money on phones, not their network. Verizon has averaged $5.5 Billion a year spent on their network. The focus is to enhance what you get for the money. Yes, other carriers are less expensive. Both US Cellular and T-Mobile are cheaper by comparison. Unfortunately so is the service you will get. GSM AS A WHOLE, not just AT&T need more towers to cover the same ground as CDMA does. While traveling CDMA technology performs a "soft-handoff" which simply means when you don't get coverage on a tower, it hands you off to the closest tower in any direction. While GSM the tower itself covers less ground plus provides customers with a "hard-handoff" which means if it cannot immediately be transfered to another tower it drops the call even if you drive by or close to a tower before the call is "complete". So the iPhone is a GREAT device (and I know this a Blackberry site, just know I'm only biased only by our facts not that I don't work for AT&T or that they have the number one reason customers port to them which is the iPhone) however the network isn't great. Verizon also has the broadest line of phones ranging from slide out phones with regular keypad to slide out phone with full qwerty, Windows devices, Blackberry's, lots of "basic phones". The one problem is the lack of Palm devices but I won't bore people with that rant (selection being the thesis of that rant). I am willing to help people with questions they may have, but do remember and this is the number one thing I stress with the Storm is that it may take two full weeks to fully get it. Don't expect to know it overnight, escpecially if you've never owned a PDA/Smartphone, especially a Blackberry. Back to being at work, I don't mind explaining the FACTUAL differences between the iPhone and Storm, but what I don't like is when people call it a "sales pitch" because I don't perform sales pitches. I am on pace to be top 100 reps in America not because I schmoose people into buying things, but by giving them options and discovering their needs. Which is what ANY customer want. Most people actually have a need for a Blackberry, but sometimes it may take a while to determine that. Another thing on my list of irks is when a customer comes in asking if the data plan is required. YES it is, for many good reasons. Back a few years ago, we didn't require it. at $1.99 per MB of usage and any one who knows anything about data usage, that doesn't take long to reach it was costing customers up to thousands a month. No lie, I saw a bill for $2300. That was $2200 in overages. All becausea $30 seemed too much at first. No, we don't enforce that to make the reason we are in business (our customers) pay more money, its actually to SAVE them money and enhance customer satisfaction. It saves the headache of worrying about how much you use the phone. We don't want to limit customers usage of their wireless phones, which even means worrying or avoiding using the phone. That's why its wireless, so you can you use it when YOU need to, not just when you're plugged into a wall. The reason it frustrates me is because most likely if you have to ask you already know the answer. All of us as Verizon employees know that so you're not going to pull a fast one and "get the one that doesn't know". Actually that first explanation is the "if the situation gets escalated" explanation, but the main is that a Blackberry is a DEVICE not a phone. Now i'm not picking on those who ask, but just know that as employees its something we dred, because in wireless or any other large corporation things are the way they are for a reason. Not because we are out to get you. We like our customers and we like that our customers have the largest average bill not because you pay more but you GET more than being with any other carrier. I love selling customers a GREAT product even if that day it may be more than they need, because they will find out how great a product is. So if any of you have questions, I will do my best to provide a professional and non-biased answer.

-Jon
    Did you just go through training? LOL

And I give my honest opinion and non-biased answer as well... simply bc I don't work off of commission. I don't have to worry with getting pipped, selling tiers, or having my acc ratio above district avg.
    05-26-09 09:49 PM
    SIM Card Error on top of screen. I have changed PIN through Global Support Team and now all my contacts are gone on the card. When I go into SIM card under Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card, this is what it says: "SIM Card: No Valid SIM Card." Any resolution? Thanks!
    05-27-09 08:34 AM
    Has the 8130 and 8330 been discontinued?
    05-27-09 09:22 AM
    At this time, no.
    05-27-09 04:46 PM
    "Verizon has 3G in EVERY county." Where did you get that stat? I don't have 3G speeds where I am and the Verizon map online still has areas without any coverage. I have had Verizon for years, and just got the storm so I don't have anything against the company, just a wish I had the 3G speeds.
    05-27-09 06:28 PM
    They are being sold out as we speak.
    05-27-09 09:01 PM

-Jon
    I wish there was a 'like' button here...so because there isn't...

I LIKE this
    05-28-09 12:49 AM
    That would work, they just have verify the device was on the account and they will cancel his account. Now, if he change to another BB against his account the pin would be free and what you tried might have registered the pin. Did you unlock the device?
    Just out of curiousity, is it bad that I simply pulled the Verizon/Vodafon sim card out? is that a possiblity why I am having the issues with BIS/BES.
    The phone was on a BES the guy that was using it requested a new phone because the one he had(which is the 1 I now have) was a tricky in landscape mode. I did not unlock the phone as I was told it was not locked on the CDMA side only on the GSM side. Could it be registered with the GSM SIM card and that be the issue?
    05-28-09 01:43 PM
    I am so confused about what BlackBerry devices are coming to Verizon,Is my beloved Curve going to be updated ? and with what model? And forgive my stupid question but what is the big deal with WiFi?thanks and I am one long time vzw customer, from way before Bell Mobile...and Big Red is the best!!
    05-28-09 02:03 PM
    good explanation!
    05-28-09 02:06 PM

-Jon
    Sorry Jon - I know this is mean but ah well.

Your job clearly doesn't involve sending a lot of emails, does it? Because there's something to using paragraphs - I almost went blind trying to read that. So I stopped. What's the point of putting so much time, thought, and research into something like you just wrote if no one wants to finish reading it?
    05-28-09 03:56 PM
    Just out of curiousity, is it bad that I simply pulled the Verizon/Vodafon sim card out? is that a possiblity why I am having the issues with BIS/BES.
    The phone was on a BES the guy that was using it requested a new phone because the one he had(which is the 1 I now have) was a tricky in landscape mode. I did not unlock the phone as I was told it was not locked on the CDMA side only on the GSM side. Could it be registered with the GSM SIM card and that be the issue?
    Sim will have nothing to do with setting up email - If it was on a BES anot properly released by the IT dept that runs the BES may have something to do with it. If he was running both, then the earlier conversation still applies
    05-28-09 04:40 PM
    Well I checked on the old bes server and the companies IT guy assured me the PIN is no longer on his server is there something that needs to be done on the phone side

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 08:38 PM
    Could I possibly accidently assigned the PIN to the verizon BIS instead of the Alltel would anybody be willing to check my PIN against the Verizon BIS server so I can at least know where the problem is for sure.

05-28-09 08:49 PM
    I have thought that my 8330 loses battery strength awfully fast, but never having had a "smart phone" or a 3G device before, I was uncertain. I got my phone on April 24, 2009. All apps and browsers are not in use and closed.

Now I'm suspicious I have a crappy battery. last night I charged my BB, unplugged it and deleted two short email messages--no talking, no surfing the web, nothing else. I shut the BB off after 10 minutes from unplugging it from the wall charger. It was still at 100% battery strength. When I woke up this morning, the Curve was a 83% power. It lost 17% power overnight, while shut OFF? I literally shut the phone off 10 minutes after unplugging it from the wall the night before.

Is losing 17% battery life while shut off normal? Can I get the battery checked at Verizon? Is it possible to get a bad battery in a new BB and, if so, will it be replaced?
    05-29-09 10:06 AM
    Any reps heard anything about the pearl flip being released? My wife has a pearl and is ready for an upgrade.

05-29-09 10:21 AM
    Nope we do not know exact release till anywhere from about 24-48 hours prior to release. I can tell you though it will NOT be tomorrow.
    05-29-09 10:31 AM
    Nope we do not know exact release till anywhere from about 24-48 hours prior to release. I can tell you though it will NOT be tomorrow.
    Have you seen the "Your Guide" Spring/Summer 2009 thingy that is in stores? It has the Blackberry Pearl Flip 8230 in it as coming soon and the HTC Touch Diamond as coming soon.... I was surprised the Pearl Flip was in there, I hadn't heard anything from Verizon about a release, have you?
    05-29-09 01:20 PM
    Touch Diamond I believe is out - No, I have not seen that literature about the pearl. Even if I had, this does not answer the question that was asked of date.
    05-29-09 01:34 PM
    Touch Diamond I believe is out - No, I have not seen that literature about the pearl. Even if I had, this does not answer the question that was asked of date.
    Yeah, Diamond has been out for a while now, just thought it was odd.
    05-29-09 02:08 PM
    Scurvydlicious and Lastraid, Thanks for trying to answer my question. Hopefully it will come out soon so I can get it for the wife.
    05-29-09 02:39 PM
    Here's a .pdf file that I found that has the Pearl Flip stating coming soon. I'm surprised that it's not out yet. Sorry there's no date though
    05-29-09 04:10 PM
    Here's a .pdf file that I found that has the Pearl Flip stating coming soon. I'm surprised that it's not out yet. Sorry there's no date though
    That was pretty handy!! The Samsung Omnia looks pretty sweet... and it works with Lotus Notes... hmmmmm...

Probably would always still hang up on to my BB but I enjoy giving my brain some exercise :P

(nevermind, just read reviews that the on-screen qwerty SUCKS... sigh!!)
    Last edited by angelalynn79; 05-29-09 at 06:31 PM.
    05-29-09 06:27 PM
5,111 ... 96979899100 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD