View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 9596979899 ...
tools
    I have to say I have much respect for admitting ownerized.. It takes a big person to do so and I do it everyday :-).. you are right, it only includes bis.. it's a spin off the old standalone vzw offered for a while for 34.99 with email and web. add 20.00 for select is what makes the 54.99.. I'm not aware of a standalone that includes bes and unl. txt.. best option would be what you described earlier for that 49.99 + 20.00 for the txt package... nice call
    Heh, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I admit defeat when it happens . I wasn't being sarcastic when I was asking if there was a plan that included BES and unlimited messaging, I seriously looked for it, and couldn't find it... But I also had never seen this plan either, so I didn't know if you knew of one.
    05-24-09 12:41 AM
    Heh, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I admit defeat when it happens . I wasn't being sarcastic when I was asking if there was a plan that included BES and unlimited messaging, I seriously looked for it, and couldn't find it... But I also had never seen this plan either, so I didn't know if you knew of one.

There might be one, but I'm not aware if there is. I'll check it out tomorrow @ work and post back..
    05-24-09 12:42 AM
    There might be one, but I'm not aware if there is. I'll check it out tomorrow @ work and post back..
    No biggie, I'm not _that_ interested. Just wondering now that we're on that topic. I need voice and data with my dingleberry.
    05-24-09 12:45 AM
    No biggie, I'm not _that_ interested. Just wondering now that we're on that topic. I need voice and data with my dingleberry.
    The only thing that works for that is gold bond medicated powder.. aka gbmp :-)
    05-24-09 12:46 AM
    The only thing that works for that is gold bond medicated powder.. aka gbmp :-)
    Hahaha, nice
    05-24-09 12:51 AM
    Hello:

The screen on my storm no longer functions. It was dropped (with a case and invisible shield) and the screen cover popped off. The screen itself is no longer displaying anything - there is a light on and the phone rings when someone calls so it is functioning. I did not get the insurance and purchased the phone the day of its release. What are my options and cost of each as a new VZW customer thanks to the Storm?

Thanks,
    B
    05-24-09 01:59 PM
    Hello:

The screen on my storm no longer functions. It was dropped (with a case and invisible shield) and the screen cover popped off. The screen itself is no longer displaying anything - there is a light on and the phone rings when someone calls so it is functioning. I did not get the insurance and purchased the phone the day of its release. What are my options and cost of each as a new VZW customer thanks to the Storm?

Thanks,
    B
    Since this is physical damage and you do not have insurance then:

1. buy a new device full retail.

2. buy a used phone.

3. activate an old phone till you are eligable for an upgrade (12 months into your current contract)
    05-24-09 02:54 PM
    Almost sounds like the Sim card was not added to the account and proper plans put on. That number above will get you going.
    Ok, finally got a hold of global services and the nice lady not only gave me my codes instantly (emailed over the terms and conditions of using another company's SIM card) but she walked me through the procedure which apparently is different than the unblocking the SIM PIN procedure on the VZW site.

Thanks all!
    Last edited by quality_sound; 05-25-09 at 03:00 AM.
    05-25-09 01:29 AM
    I'm wondering about VZ Nav..being its summer and I may do some travelling and Golfing I'd like to use 3rd party GPS Golf apps...I realize I will need to buy/pay for VZNav in order to do this..my question is is this a service I can use for only say 4 or 5 months and then have it taken off? Living in MN we dont get year round Golfing weather...I wouldnt mind paying for the VZNav for only a few months each year..also I assume that with VZNav I would be able to use 3rd Party Golf GPS apps? Thanks for any help.

JC
    05-25-09 06:25 AM
    If you are running OS 4.5 you can also use BB Maps.

Yes VZ Nav is a feature based option that can be added and removed as needed. This can be done online from your my account -the place where you can see your bill and monitor account online at VZW.COM
    05-25-09 08:16 AM
    I don't believe that purchasing VZNav will actually allow you to use any 3rd party GPS apps though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 11:33 AM
    I don't believe that purchasing VZNav will actually allow you to use any 3rd party GPS apps though.

I have heard reports of this sometime ago. But I do not use it therefore have not validated the reports
    05-25-09 11:39 AM
    The curve doesn't have an open platform as far as GPS goes. So thus that means your 3rd party app won't work. The Storm however has that option.

And you can add or remove VZ Nav at anytime.
    05-25-09 03:43 PM
    Can any of the VZW Rep give us an update on how the testing is going on the OS .148?
    05-26-09 08:41 AM
    Can any of the VZW Rep give us an update on how the testing is going on the OS .148?
    I wish we knew.
    05-26-09 09:23 AM
    I am a current vzw customer with a 450 minute voice plan and unlimited BB data plan. If I add another BB device to my plan can I share my current plan on both lines or does each device need its own data plan?

05-26-09 01:18 PM
    I am a current vzw customer with a 450 minute voice plan and unlimited BB data plan. If I add another BB device to my plan can I share my current plan on both lines or does each device need its own data plan?

each device must have its own data plan..and you will have to go to a family share 700 instead of single line 450
    05-26-09 01:21 PM
    Okay VZW people. I need help I am on Alltel and under contract I bought a Storm thinking I could use it with the merger and all going on but, I have decided to go a different route and I am going to sell the phone however I think the PIN is still attached to the VZW BIS. Can someone delete this for me so that whoever I sell this thing to will have no issues getting it up and going? I got a $20 spot into if you can.
    Thanks, Mark
    05-26-09 08:55 PM
    Sure lets pay a VZW rep to cancel an account with out verifying who are by certain info that is on an account.

Any rep here willing to put their job on the line for this guy?
    05-26-09 09:03 PM
    I will verify whatever they need verified via PM or will even talk to them on the phone for verification but, I understand the way that sounded sorry please understand I am not trying to be malicious. Thanks for letting me clear this up.
    05-26-09 09:06 PM
    not to mention you should be able to see the PIN is not actually on an account but simply attempted to register with the BIS server which is where the problem would present itself.
    05-26-09 09:08 PM
    I will verify whatever they need verified via PM or will even talk to them on the phone for verification but, I understand the way that sounded sorry please understand I am not trying to be malicious. Thanks for letting me clear this up.
    Let me ask you this? has the device ever been activated or email set up on it? if not the PIN is not tied to any BIS. If you purcashed this used form another seller and it is tied up from them, then again they will need to clear it.

Since you do not have a VZW account at this time, Again any rep that would do this for you would be putting their job on the line.

sorry
    05-26-09 09:09 PM
    I understand, This phone was setup under a business. and was running on the BES system. I got it from my mom as her boss heard my car gotten broken into and the Curve I had was stolen. He gave her the phone to send to me. I had everything setup for Alltel on this phone and then I missed an important step of setting up email push through the internet instead of on the phone. apparently when you do it with the phone and are trying to setup with alltel it registers the PIN with the BIS server for VZW instead of Alltel
    05-26-09 09:19 PM
    So would I be able to get the person that gave me the phone to call and just ask verizon to verify if the PIN was cancelled? from the BIS?
    05-26-09 09:47 PM
    That would work, they just have verify the device was on the account and they will cancel his account. Now, if he change to another BB against his account the pin would be free and what you tried might have registered the pin. Did you unlock the device?
    05-26-09 09:55 PM
5,111 ... 9596979899 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD