View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 9495969798 ...
tools
    Thanks lastraid. Funny though, the first two times I tried it, it didn't work but the third time was a charm. I think a slow, determined key press made the difference.
    Yep you kinda have wait for the next recording to start.
    05-22-09 03:25 PM
    Okay, so I'm thinking about applying at my local Verizon (Des Moines, IA) for a part time job while I'm still in school. By the time I apply I will have been in sales for just over a year. I'm just wondering what I need to know, what I should do or say, and if there's any secret tricks to getting a job with Big Red. Also, if you are allowed to say, what are some of the perks of being an employee?

Thanks much
    05-22-09 07:08 PM
    Okay, so I'm thinking about applying at my local Verizon (Des Moines, IA) for a part time job while I'm still in school. By the time I apply I will have been in sales for just over a year. I'm just wondering what I need to know, what I should do or say, and if there's any secret tricks to getting a job with Big Red. Also, if you are allowed to say, what are some of the perks of being an employee?

Thanks much
    Desire to learn, ability to pass a series of tests, eagerness in helping others, cheerful/outgoing nature, ability to read between the lines & positive attitude.

Once you get the job, attendance & on-time behavior is a must.

Unsure of the benefits extended to PT employees, but you may have to be term status for a period of time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 07:15 PM
    Twice in the past week I have gotten a call from a 91237 number. I missed it both times, and when I went to call back a message saying call could not be completed as dialed. My mom got the same call but didn't answer cause the number was only 5 digits. Is that a verizon rep trying to call?
    05-22-09 08:29 PM
    I doubt it. Most likely a spammer that can mask their number.
    05-22-09 09:26 PM
    Call VZW tech and have them check the swtich. Even if the provisioning is correct - the switch may not have updated correctly.
    was that for my question?
    05-23-09 12:43 AM
    was that for my question?
    If you were the person that could not send sms/mms, then yes
    05-23-09 08:37 AM
    That is NOT true the name is "new every TWO" not new every ONE the primary on the account is eligable for an annual upgrade and a discounted price. You will loose your $50 - $100 discount if you were to upgrade before the NE2 date.

I've had two phones for about 10 years, one kept getting NE2 upgrades, the other got NE2 about 5 years ago. Last year, I was told by VZW rep I should switch to family share, but wasn't told I would lose the NE2 program. VZW can take benefits away, but not give them back???! Who do I talk to who understands logic, and will show SOME consideration?
    05-23-09 09:44 AM
    I've had two phones for about 10 years, one kept getting NE2 upgrades, the other got NE2 about 5 years ago. Last year, I was told by VZW rep I should switch to family share, but wasn't told I would lose the NE2 program. VZW can take benefits away, but not give them back???! Who do I talk to who understands logic, and will show SOME consideration?
    Changing to Nationwide pricing will not adjust or make you loose you NE2 - change in price plans does not change the contract length at all. Unless there is another circumstance in play here. What you were told is incorrect or a misunderstanding is in play. I would call VZW and have them review your account to see what happened. If you do not recevie an acceptable response( this does mean adjusting your NE2 if not valid), then you can talk to a supervisor for further review.
    05-23-09 09:54 AM
    I went from Nationwide to family share, and three different reps told me I only get one NE2 ever two years. I can use it on either phone, but the point is, I've had one phone for 5 years, and the other for 2 years. I want to up grade them both now, but been told i'm SOL and that nobody can make that change
    05-23-09 10:00 AM
    ah, this explained it a bit better. Primary phone on the account gets the NE2, secondary lines as they are only 9.99 per month would get to upgrade, but only get 2 year pricing with any rebates available. over all you will be saving on monthly access fees for other two lines.

You may want to be persistant and most of be nice and explain the situation when you call and they may let you upgrade the secondary lines with the 2 year pricing and the rebates for those devices (if availble). This would be a logical business decision based on the info provided. This also would most likely take a supervisor to get approved.

Were the other two lines available for the NE 2 when the switch was made? if so, I would talk to a supervisor
    05-23-09 10:25 AM
    when is a new offical os for the 9530 coming out? instead of .75???
    05-23-09 01:04 PM
    when is a new offical os for the 9530 coming out? instead of .75???
    You really should read around a bit before asking a question that has been asked a 1000 times.

But to help you out, here is the answer. we do not know. It will not be tomorrow though, that I can assure you. It will arrive when it ready. THis is all the reps here will be able to accurately tell you.
    05-23-09 02:10 PM
    I need a different kind of help. My wife and I are both active duty Air force. We are both TDY in Germany and we need the unlock codes so we can use local prepaid SIM cards since our Storms, which are supposed to be Global phones, will not connect to ANY network over here. Right now we have some very advanced doorstops. I can't call VZW directly because we don't have a landline phone so we can't call an 800-number and there is no standard phone number I can find to call and get the unlock codes.

HELP!!!!!!
    05-23-09 02:58 PM
    Why cant you call 800 from your storms. Maybe you can borrow another phone from someone.
    05-23-09 03:08 PM
    Because we can't call ANYTHING from our Storms. Depending on the coverage I select I either get an "x" or "SOS". ATM I can't borrow a phone either. We just got here, can't drive anywhere (we can't even take our German driving test until Tuesday) and the prepair calling card can't be used to call an 800 number because AT&T isn't setup to do that.

I did find another number (908-559-4899) in another thread that is supposed to get to VZW World Services. Can these guys help???
    05-23-09 03:24 PM
    Because we can't call ANYTHING from our Storms. Depending on the coverage I select I either get an "x" or "SOS". ATM I can't borrow a phone either. We just got here, can't drive anywhere (we can't even take our German driving test until Tuesday) and the prepair calling card can't be used to call an 800 number because AT&T isn't setup to do that.

I did find another number (908-559-4899) in another thread that is supposed to get to VZW World Services. Can these guys help???
    Yes. Call that number, they are the only ones that can help you.

05-23-09 03:48 PM
    Almost sounds like the Sim card was not added to the account and proper plans put on. That number above will get you going.
    05-23-09 09:07 PM
    Is there any kind of data only plan offered by verizon for blackberries that includes text messages? I don't need any minutes whatsoever

05-23-09 11:14 PM
    Enter your location

That's just their Blackberry data plan only, 0 minutes. It also does not "include" text, but you can get a text feature ( $5 250, $10 unlimited m2m/500, $15 ulimited m2m/1500, $20 unlimited m2m/5000 )
    05-23-09 11:31 PM
    Heres one for ya, lets say i wanted to knock my curve down to data only (unlimited text, pix, flix and the blackberry data plan) and then use a dumb phone for voice only, is this possible?
    05-23-09 11:35 PM
    Heres one for ya, lets say i wanted to knock my curve down to data only (unlimited text, pix, flix and the blackberry data plan) and then use a dumb phone for voice only, is this possible?
    You wouldn't be able to get a Blackberry with data only and truely unlimited text. Best you can do is the $20 text feature, it's 5,000 messages to other networks and unlimited mobile to mobile. And as long as you have another Verizon cell phone number for the dumb phone, then yes, you would be able to do that.
    05-23-09 11:42 PM
    You wouldn't be able to get a Blackberry with data only and truely unlimited text. Best you can do is the $20 text feature, it's 5,000 messages to other networks and unlimited mobile to mobile. And as long as you have another Verizon cell phone number for the dumb phone, then yes, you would be able to do that.

Wrong.. there is an unlimited data and txt plan you can get... it's 54.99.. go to the vzw.com site to check it out.. click on plans and then click accessible plans on the right side.. owned
    05-24-09 12:19 AM
    Wrong.. there is an unlimited data and txt plan you can get... it's 54.99.. go to the vzw.com site to check it out.. click on plans and then click accessible plans on the right side.. owned
    I have been ownerized. Tis true. Thanks for the link.
    Enter your location

Would like to point out it's for BIS only, I don't see one for BES, unless I'm missing something, owner?
    05-24-09 12:23 AM
    I have been ownerized. Tis true. Thanks for the link.
    Enter your location

Would like to point out it's for BIS only, I don't see one for BES, unless I'm missing something, owner?
    I have to say I have much respect for admitting ownerized.. It takes a big person to do so and I do it everyday :-).. you are right, it only includes bis.. it's a spin off the old standalone vzw offered for a while for 34.99 with email and web. add 20.00 for select is what makes the 54.99.. I'm not aware of a standalone that includes bes and unl. txt.. best option would be what you described earlier for that 49.99 + 20.00 for the txt package... nice call
    05-24-09 12:38 AM
5,111 ... 9495969798 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD