View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 9394959697 ...
tools
    Yes they are both curves, with Verizon same OS 4.5.0.77
    05-20-09 01:16 PM
    i am a storm owner the phone looks great some of the things i like for the most part the storm didnt come close to living up to the hype im really really hoping that vzw strikes a deal with apple to bring the iphone to us i wont fall for the storm 2 because of rim doesnt nothing to think outside the box will vzw bring the iphone to us????????????????????????
    05-20-09 02:23 PM
    When calling *611, what do I do to get around the automated conversation. How do I jump to a live CS?

TIA
    05-20-09 02:36 PM
    When calling *611, what do I do to get around the automated conversation. How do I jump to a live CS?

TIA
    Edit: if you press 0 three times after the section is started, and I just did it it will xfer you to a rep.
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-20-09 at 06:48 PM.
    05-20-09 05:07 PM
    i am a storm owner the phone looks great some of the things i like for the most part the storm didnt come close to living up to the hype im really really hoping that vzw strikes a deal with apple to bring the iphone to us i wont fall for the storm 2 because of rim doesnt nothing to think outside the box will vzw bring the iphone to us????????????????????????
    WE do not know the answer to your question. If it comes at all it will need to be a LTE version most likely. What I can tell you is it will not be tomorrow
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-20-09 at 06:46 PM.
    05-20-09 05:08 PM

TIA
    When the automated system starts talking to you, press zero. That will put you into a CSR. I do it every time I call in
    05-20-09 06:38 PM
    Yes they are both curves, with Verizon same OS 4.5.0.77
    I dunno then...not to sound dumb, but check if you have any weird apps that might cause that, and as always...try a batt pull!
    05-20-09 09:59 PM
    I just added a 3rd line to my family plan and got a Storm on Tuesday. I want to swap the storm on the new line with a pearl and put the storm on another line. I try to do a ESN swap online but it won't let me. Is there a time period on a new line before you can do a ESN swap?
    05-20-09 11:31 PM
    i just got the storm in December and i see the tour is coming out and i want it!i was told that with tmobile you can just extend your contract and get a phone for the cheaper price, is this the same with verizon?
    05-21-09 12:24 AM
    i just got the storm in December and i see the tour is coming out and i want it!i was told that with tmobile you can just extend your contract and get a phone for the cheaper price, is this the same with verizon?
    nope...........
    05-21-09 01:49 AM
    I have a quick question I just got a curve and on my phone I have 1XEV and my friend has the same phone and his just says 1X and the internet is a lot quicker. Is there anything I can do to make mine faster?
    How much faster is his? 1x is the old 1xRTT network, it's slow. 1xEV ( EVDO ) is a lot faster for data. 1xRTT is 2G and EVDO is 3G.... Strange that his would be faster.
    05-21-09 04:10 PM
    I just added a 3rd line to my family plan and got a Storm on Tuesday. I want to swap the storm on the new line with a pearl and put the storm on another line. I try to do a ESN swap online but it won't let me. Is there a time period on a new line before you can do a ESN swap?
    There's no time period, but if the Pearl is already active on one of your other lines, it won't let you activate it on the Storm line and vice-versa, it won't allow you to swap the Storm to the other line if it's still active on the new line... Call 1-800-922-0204, and they'll be able to do the swap for you.
    05-21-09 04:12 PM
    Sometimes the service books get messed up. This should fix it.

Options > Advanced Options > Service Books > MMS Client > BB Button > Delete > Delete > Back > Back > Adv Options > Service Books > Undelete > MMS Transport > BB Button > Delete > Delete > Back > Back > Adv Options > Service Books > Undelete
    unfortunately that didn't work.

anymore suggestions? i really really want mms to work!
    05-21-09 06:59 PM
    Call VZW tech and have them check the swtich. Even if the provisioning is correct - the switch may not have updated correctly.
    05-21-09 08:07 PM
    why does the little spinning hour glass pop up whenever i am in the middle of a test or email or any feature? it is so annoying..thanks in advance
    05-22-09 07:52 AM
    This ususally means the device is doing something, just like MS Windows. Make sure there are no other applications running in tha back ground. This can be done by hitting the alt and back arrow key. There should be about 5 or 6 that will always run. If you are using facebook this can happen as well.
    05-22-09 07:56 AM
    Is VZW going to offer current storm owners a chance to upgrade to the Storm 2 at a higher or lower price? and what about us storm owners that have had 10 replacements or more? will we get a free storm 2? In my opinion they should give those a chance that have had so many replacements a free storm 2..im already on my second replacement in 90 days and as quoted to me by CS one more replacement then the next one is a brand new phone. So by time the storm 2 is out i should get a free one? To me that would be amazing if VZW takes good care of those of us disatisfied or not with the original storm.
    05-22-09 09:56 AM
    Is VZW going to offer current storm owners a chance to upgrade to the Storm 2 at a higher or lower price? and what about us storm owners that have had 10 replacements or more? will we get a free storm 2? In my opinion they should give those a chance that have had so many replacements a free storm 2..im already on my second replacement in 90 days and as quoted to me by CS one more replacement then the next one is a brand new phone. So by time the storm 2 is out i should get a free one? To me that would be amazing if VZW takes good care of those of us disatisfied or not with the original storm.
    Numerous post on this issue. But to answer again, we doubt it, but there has been no internal information about this either. Nor is there info about any release times for this device
    05-22-09 10:05 AM
    Numerous post on this issue. But to answer again, we doubt it, but there has been no internal information about this either. Nor is there info about any release times for this device
    I VE READ ALOT OF THOSE POSTS NONE exactly like this one i have had 7 replacements on one line they still didnt give me a new storm so nonetheless i told them to drop a line that was my original first storm. i have two more now one my primary line i have already had 2 fru replacement storms...if something isnt done soon im dropping my other 4 lines and frankly dont care about early termination fees . I have been a customer for over nine yrs now , the curve 8520 is looking awful tempting ......
    05-22-09 10:16 AM
    I VE READ ALOT OF THOSE POSTS NONE exactly like this one i have had 7 replacements on one line they still didnt give me a new storm so nonetheless i told them to drop a line that was my original first storm. i have two more now one my primary line i have already had 2 fru replacement storms...if something isnt done soon im dropping my other 4 lines and frankly dont care about early termination fees . I have been a customer for over nine yrs now , the curve 8520 is looking awful tempting ......
    What are the issues you are having with the devices? All the same or all different?
    05-22-09 10:18 AM
    What are the issues you are having with the devices? All the same or all different?
    different ...some may seem petty but for paying 200.00 and getting below par equipment is no excuse, some screens just collapsed, OS glitches manufacturing quality...cosmetic blemishes,,,,screen dust just to name a few..
    05-22-09 10:23 AM
    different ...some may seem petty but for paying 200.00 and getting below par equipment is no excuse, some screens just collapsed, OS glitches manufacturing quality...cosmetic blemishes,,,,screen dust just to name a few..
    I agree this device has been interesting one to deal with and sorry you have had t deal with these issues. While no promisses are being here, if and when the device comes out and if no provisions are made for the original question you have asked, you might plead your case wioth supervision and see what happens.
    05-22-09 10:29 AM
    I have a background buzzing or hisssing sound during calls only through the earpiece. Speakerphone and bluetooth are fine. Any ideas. I am on my third curve in 2 weeks.
    05-22-09 12:09 PM
    unfortunatly, sounds like a hardware issue. looks like you are shooting for number 4 have the prior devies experiencedd the same issue or different issues?
    05-22-09 12:12 PM
    Edit: if you press 0 three times after the section is started, and I just did it it will xfer you to a rep.
    Thanks lastraid. Funny though, the first two times I tried it, it didn't work but the third time was a charm. I think a slow, determined key press made the difference.
    05-22-09 02:22 PM
5,111 ... 9394959697 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD