View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 9293949596 ...
tools
    This I have not heard. If a store is willing to to provde you a new one, then they can. Replacements as far as I know are factory reconditioned. You other options is to send your device to RIM and wait for 4 -6 weeks where they rip it apart and replace your components and send it back to you. WALA! you have the same thing VZW will send you, a refurbished device.
    05-17-09 06:44 PM
    My Blackberry storm just decided to die on me and the screen would not respond. After calling Verizon, they told me to go to the store to have them look at it and give me a new one. Mine by the way is three months old. So I asked the guy at the store since he says they are sending me a warranty replacement. I told him I really don't want a refurbish phone and he explained that Verizon has the storm for sales and the ones that they keep at the warehouse just for warranty issues. He said that no matter what the warranty replacement are new, but just don't come in their original packaging. He sais that mostly the insurance sends out refurbished phone. For some reasons I don't believe all of it about my replacement. Could you help please? And also, what would be a way to find out if it's brand new or not?
    woww... I can't believe that guy told you that.. the real answer is that most of them are refurbished. sometimes you might get a new one in a clnr box.. but that usually @ launch
    05-17-09 08:35 PM
    I think it's kinda crappy that you pay for a brand new BB and if it breaks under the warrenty time, they give you a refurb, I dont want someone elses cooties on my phone...but that's just me.
    05-17-09 09:44 PM
    I think it's kinda crappy that you pay for a brand new BB and if it breaks under the warrenty time, they give you a refurb, I dont want someone elses cooties on my phone...but that's just me.
    I repeat - no, you have an option, read my other post 2349.
    05-17-09 09:48 PM
    Refurbishing my BB is differnt from recieving someone elses phone. When you tell them at the store you want a new one, they say only refurbs. My point is, the warranty is a scam if you pay full price and pay for the monthly insurance and only recieve a refurb.
    05-17-09 09:54 PM
    THe insurance is an options to get you back into a device quicker and less expensive. You insure your car, you crunch it. They do get you a new car, they fix yours or pay you off what they think the car is worth.

Once again the choices are you take one that has been rebuilt and you get a device in 24 -48 hours on average, or you can send your to the MFG, and wait for 4-6 weeks. Heck they might send you a new or a refurb as well. Roll of the dice.
    05-17-09 10:05 PM
    True dat, no way of knowing.
    05-17-09 10:08 PM
    Why doesnt Verizon offer 24/7 support via phone....also on what days does the billing cycle start? I paid my first bill Apr 25thwich wasnt due until May 11th according to Verizon on the web and via phone My bal is "0.00" shouldnt I have gotten my next bill by now? I really dislike the fact that I cant call Verizon after 11pm and ask "hey I have a question about..." I work 2nd shift so am late at nite..as I am sure alot of people are...Thanks.

JC
    05-17-09 11:48 PM
    You can view that info online, just login to your My Verizon account online at vzw.com
    05-18-09 12:15 AM
    Why doesnt Verizon offer 24/7 support via phone....also on what days does the billing cycle start? I paid my first bill Apr 25thwich wasnt due until May 11th according to Verizon on the web and via phone My bal is "0.00" shouldnt I have gotten my next bill by now? I really dislike the fact that I cant call Verizon after 11pm and ask "hey I have a question about..." I work 2nd shift so am late at nite..as I am sure alot of people are...Thanks.

JC
    Tech support is open 24/7, billing support is not. If you call and ask tech support for billing help, they'll probably tell you to call some other time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 12:31 AM

JC
    Why don't you just go to My Verizon and look for your self. I have worked 2nd shift in the past, and never had a problem calling before I went to work.

As for your bill, again go to My Verizon and it will tell you, or look at the bill that was sent you. I just don't understand how someone can not know their billing cycle dates, and keep up on that stuff.
    05-18-09 01:12 AM
    I know my billing cycle and as I stated I did go to "My Verizon" via the web and My Phone..also called and and did the automated thing all three things say I have a zero balance My billing cycle has passed that is why I am asking.
    05-18-09 02:17 AM
    I know my billing cycle and as I stated I did go to "My Verizon" via the web and My Phone..also called and and did the automated thing all three things say I have a zero balance My billing cycle has passed that is why I am asking.
    Well I assumed from what is in bold below, that you don't know your billing cycle dates, as you are asking when it starts.

Anyway if you do in fact know your billing cycle, then you should get a bill about 5-7 days after the end of your cycle. My billing cycle is over on the 21st of each month, and I can't look at my bill for about 5-7 after that date. And to respond to your question, again that is in bold, your billing cycle starts the day after it ends.

Why doesnt Verizon offer 24/7 support via phone....also on what days does the billing cycle start? I paid my first bill Apr 25thwich wasnt due until May 11th according to Verizon on the web and via phone My bal is "0.00" shouldnt I have gotten my next bill by now? I really dislike the fact that I cant call Verizon after 11pm and ask "hey I have a question about..." I work 2nd shift so am late at nite..as I am sure alot of people are...Thanks
    JC
    05-18-09 02:26 AM
    The 5-7 days I think answers my question..must take that long to process it..My billing cycle is the 16th so it must take a couple days to post on the site. Thanks for the reply.

JC
    05-18-09 02:32 AM
    Does VZW plan on updating the Storm 9530 os? I also know that the Storm2 is coming out soon or later. Does VZW still on supoorting the Storm1 and all of it's customers? Will VZW eventually offer an os upgrade for the Storm1 users or are we just left in the dark when the Storm2 comes out?

Thank you
    05-18-09 08:01 AM
    Does VZW plan on updating the Storm 9530 os? I also know that the Storm2 is coming out soon or later. Does VZW still on supoorting the Storm1 and all of it's customers? Will VZW eventually offer an os upgrade for the Storm1 users or are we just left in the dark when the Storm2 comes out?

Thank you
    Yes the Storm will be updated. Yes there will be future updates, just as there are to all the other Blackberrys offered. When? Your guess is as good as anyone else.
    05-18-09 10:19 AM

Thank you
    VZW isn't going to offer an upgrade option to the storm2.. well as of now they aren't.. rim just sent vzw a new sw version that vzw is going to test out. that usually means about another month..
    05-18-09 09:26 PM
    they tested the software already and it failed, so I think it will be longer than that...
    05-19-09 07:13 AM
    When is it going to be available at verizon? it was suppose to be there May 1,09
    05-19-09 02:32 PM
    It will be out before may 18th.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 02:37 PM
    I just want to get Russian installed. Language pack has just a couple choices that I don't need. Any suggestions? Can't find anything with an alx file to download just dot files that dm will not accept. sigh.
    05-19-09 02:42 PM
    they tested the software already and it failed, so I think it will be longer than that...
    Yeah... vzw sent it back.. but we are testing again
    05-19-09 11:12 PM
    I was veteran customer of (ATT <> Cingular) from 1992 - 2007. I heard of VZW but was always put off by the price of their equipment. After many years of abuse (OMG - rudeness, incompetence and inefficiency), I decided to give VZW a chance and I am happy with my wireless service, customer service and the products offered.
    05-20-09 12:31 PM
    I have a quick question I just got a curve and on my phone I have 1XEV and my friend has the same phone and his just says 1X and the internet is a lot quicker. Is there anything I can do to make mine faster?
    05-20-09 12:58 PM
    I have a quick question I just got a curve and on my phone I have 1XEV and my friend has the same phone and his just says 1X and the internet is a lot quicker. Is there anything I can do to make mine faster?
    Same make and model??? Are they both through the same company?? Should probably be the same...do you have the same software as well??? Just things to check...other than that I dunno!
    05-20-09 01:07 PM
5,111 ... 9293949596 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD