View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 9192939495 ...
tools
    It's .69 a minute while making calls in Canada.. if they added the international value plan for 4.99 it will not make it any cheaper.. make sure they changed you to nationwide plus Canada.. it's 20.00 more and it takes away unl. nights and weekends but gives you 1000 nights and weekends.. if you were roaming in Canada without this plan you would have had to talk on the phone over 700 minutes.. if you did talk that much than you will be billed that much.. escalate it to a supv. and they WILL credit it since the cs rep you talked to didn't do the right thing.. below are the plan details you should be on

Nationwide Plus Canada

Perfect if you travel to Canada frequently. Now available with Friends & Family. Unlimited calling to and from any 5 numbers on any network in America. Learn More

* Unlimited Long Distance to Canada & the U.S. (including Puerto Rico).
    * Unlimited Verizon Wireless Mobile to Mobile Calling Minutes for domestic calls from within the National Mobile to Mobile Calling Rate and Coverage Area.
    * 1000 Night & Weekend Minutes
    * No Domestic Long Distance Charges
    * Data sent or received (incl. Mobile Web advertising) is $1.99/MB. Learn More
    * Access to Mobile Web
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-18-09 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Edit quote for language
    05-14-09 06:34 PM
    Is there a way you can allow only people in your contacts to call you and/or message you. I remember seeing this option somewhere but cant remember where. Thanks.
    There is usage controls you can use to accomplish this.. your phone has to be capable for it.. call in and they can check.. it's like 4.99 I think for the feature to have usage controls... I believe this works for txt messaging but not 100%
    05-14-09 06:37 PM
    Forgive my ignorance, but when purchasing from Craigslist, eBay or Crackberry marketplace, are these used phones? Or is there a chance to get a new one there? How would you know the difference?
    05-14-09 07:03 PM
    Forgive my ignorance, but when purchasing from Craigslist, eBay or Crackberry marketplace, are these used phones? Or is there a chance to get a new one there? How would you know the difference?
    Typically used, but the occasional new one does surface. This info is usually included in the ad description.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 07:56 PM
    Pardon a dumb question from a future BB user.

I'm on a Family Select 1400 min plan with 3 phones. My two years is coming up (Not the primary line) and I would like to change one of our regular phones to a Blackberry Tour when it comes out. What is the best changes to make to our family plan to change one of the phones to a Blackberry and keep the cost down? What do I ask the rep for? I'm a Fed. Gov. employee so several discounts apply.
    I think our current plan is: $110 -15% + $9.99 Line + $9.99 line
    Last edited by TNCarters; 05-14-09 at 11:54 PM.
    05-14-09 11:35 PM
    Pardon a dumb question from a future BB user.

I'm on a Family Select 1400 min plan with 3 phones. My two years is coming up (Not the primary line) and I would like to change one of our regular phones to a Blackberry Tour when it comes out. What is the best changes to make to our family plan to change one of the phones to a Blackberry and keep the cost down? What do I ask the rep for? I'm a Fed. Gov. employee so several discounts apply.
    I think our current plan is: $110 -15% + $9.99 Line + $9.99 line
    I'd say best bet would be to put it on the main line ($110) because, and I'm not 100% sure, but the discount only applies to the main line, so if you add the $29.99, or $44.99 data plan to that line you'll get the discount on that...on any of the other 2 lines you wouldn't get the discount. Again I'm about 90% on that, but I think that'd be how it works!
    05-15-09 12:05 PM
    and I'm not 100% sure, but the discount only applies to the main line, so if you add the $29.99, or $44.99 data plan to that line you'll get the discount on that
    You are correct. If you are going to add just one blackberry, make sure that phone number is your primary line. I am almost sure you can call 611 and have any number changed to the primary line. That way if you do get a discount on Data, it will be discounted as the primary line is the only line that gets discounts (that is how it works for me anyway)

You are going to pay the extra $29.99 for the BIS or the $44.95 for BES regardless of what line you put it on, why not get what ever % your plan offers off.
    05-15-09 02:18 PM
    I have a business to Reno Nevada in a few months. Is there a way to confirm that there is strong coverage for data as well as phone. I was in TX a month ago and my phone worked but data was non-existent. Please let me know. thank
    05-16-09 09:16 AM
    you should have no problems there. You can go to VZW and do a search for coverage maps. This will verify your coverage in the area you are going to.
    05-16-09 09:20 AM

People keep getting upgrading with NE2. You do NOT have to wait for two years to avoid paying full retail for a new phone. You can do an annual update at the 12 month mark and pay the one year contract price (some nice reps will give it to you for the two year price) as long as you have a calling plan of $79.99 or higher. You just need to extend your contract another year.
    I was thinking about upgrading my storm to the storm 2 when it comes out, I'm on a two year contract, and it would be great to upgrade without paying the full price. Is this really true?
    05-16-09 02:32 PM
    I was thinking about upgrading my storm to the storm 2 when it comes out, I'm on a two year contract, and it would be great to upgrade without paying the full price. Is this really true?
    Well he was technically correct, but let me clarify.

You hafta have at least a $49.99 a month or higher calling plan to qualify for an early upgrade on a family share plan, and a $79.99 or higher on a single line. Basically what that means for the family share phone that is eligible for the early upgrade is the main line. Regardless of the other features, because it's the "calling plan" and not the extra stuff on the line as well. The only time that isn't correct is if you have an unlimited plan where every line is at least $99.99. But that is usually correct.
    05-16-09 03:38 PM
    Well he was technically correct, but let me clarify.

You hafta have at least a $49.99 a month or higher calling plan to qualify for an early upgrade on a family share plan, and a $79.99 or higher on a single line. Basically what that means for the family share phone that is eligible for the early upgrade is the main line. Regardless of the other features, because it's the "calling plan" and not the extra stuff on the line as well. The only time that isn't correct is if you have an unlimited plan where every line is at least $99.99. But that is usually correct.
    Are you sure it's not $59.99 for either?
    Last edited by scurvydlicious; 05-16-09 at 04:59 PM.
    05-16-09 04:56 PM
    [QUOTE=scurvydlicious;2572690]Are you sure it's not $59.99 for either?[/QUOTE

it's 49.99 for single for for fs.. 20.00 upgrade fee will apply unless you are vip.. vip would be if you are on a 79.99 or higher for three months
    05-17-09 12:01 AM
    I can't send or receive mms on my phone. I used to be able a few months ago and then suddenly it stopped working.

What is wrong? What can fix this problem?

05-17-09 03:26 AM
    I'd say best bet would be to put it on the main line ($110) because, and I'm not 100% sure, but the discount only applies to the main line, so if you add the $29.99, or $44.99 data plan to that line you'll get the discount on that...on any of the other 2 lines you wouldn't get the discount. Again I'm about 90% on that, but I think that'd be how it works!

Does it depend on your company's discount on what it applies to on a plan? I get a discount through work and have a family plan and get a feature discount off the data plans on the other lines too.
    05-17-09 04:15 AM
    Just to add: It is also the discresion of tech reps and or supervisors in call centers as well. There are also other factors involved in this descision. Since I do not talk about internal procedures in a finite sort of way, I will not disclose these details. So therefore, it is way more than just 3 devices in a 3 month period.

So if one can thinks that they call and say I just got a replacement and it is doing the same thing or something slightly different, just to get a new or a different device, not going to happen. Most reps/sups also take a really close look at this and user error when mulitple reports of the same issue is reported by a customer.

Another piece of info I can and will give. No matter how broken your device is. (I monitor for this, but not sure how others do), if you have a past due balance on your account, a replacement device should not be sent till the monies owed on the bill are made current.
    My brother went on a cross-country road trip and bought the Omnia just before he left and planned to use the VZ navigator to get him to all the places he was going. By the time he got to NC, over a month later.. (we live in New England), he was so sick of it because it would restart, or randomly shut off, while he was driving and restarted on him in a bad part of Baltimore, late at night. So when he got to NC he went right to a Verizon store, told them nicely his story and how it became a safety issue for him and without hesitation they swapped the phone and all his accessories out for the storm and gave him cash back for the difference of the 2 phones, which was like 25 bucks or something like that. Then he was able to get Garmin Mobile on it and it was great for him and got him to CA and back without any problems.

I'm sure the fact that I've been a customer for a long time and have never had a late payment, helped him out. He's on my plan.

So I guess if you have a REALLY good reason, they'll switch out the phone for something else past the 30 days. I'm sure he was probably an exception though. I was very impressed with Verizon though for doing that for him.
    05-17-09 04:38 AM
    My brother went on a cross-country road trip and bought the Omnia just before he left and planned to use the VZ navigator to get him to all the places he was going. By the time he got to NC, over a month later.. (we live in New England), he was so sick of it because it would restart, or randomly shut off, while he was driving and restarted on him in a bad part of Baltimore, late at night. So when he got to NC he went right to a Verizon store, told them nicely his story and how it became a safety issue for him and without hesitation they swapped the phone and all his accessories out for the storm and gave him cash back for the difference of the 2 phones, which was like 25 bucks or something like that. Then he was able to get Garmin Mobile on it and it was great for him and got him to CA and back without any problems.

I'm sure the fact that I've been a customer for a long time and have never had a late payment, helped him out. He's on my plan.

So I guess if you have a REALLY good reason, they'll switch out the phone for something else past the 30 days. I'm sure he was probably an exception though. I was very impressed with Verizon though for doing that for him.
    People that complain about the Storm need to try the Omnia. Worst smartphone ever made.
    05-17-09 11:26 AM
    People that complain about the Storm need to try the Omnia. Worst smartphone ever made.
    The Q would be my number one worst smartphone ever made.
    05-17-09 12:06 PM
    I can't send or receive mms on my phone. I used to be able a few months ago and then suddenly it stopped working.

What is wrong? What can fix this problem?

Sometimes the service books get messed up. This should fix it.

Options > Advanced Options > Service Books > MMS Client > BB Button > Delete > Delete > Back > Back > Adv Options > Service Books > Undelete > MMS Transport > BB Button > Delete > Delete > Back > Back > Adv Options > Service Books > Undelete
    05-17-09 01:10 PM
    I posted this earlier but...

I am eligble for an upgrade May 21st, can I cancel my contract without getting the ETF or do I have to wait until September?
    05-17-09 01:11 PM

I am eligble for an upgrade May 21st, can I cancel my contract without getting the ETF or do I have to wait until September?
    You will get hit with an ETF. You can upgrade after 20 months, but the contract runs 24.
    05-17-09 01:25 PM

THere are always exceptions. In this case the store agreed and took care of what needed to be done. Niceness goes a long way
    05-17-09 07:07 PM
    The Q would be my number one worst smartphone ever made.
    You are 110% correct on that!!!!

You have to wait until your contract is over, not your upgrade date.
    05-17-09 07:09 PM
    Non-BB question. Can a Samsung Instinct from Sprint be unlocked for VZW?
    Edit: in searching the Net, it seems it can be done. Wasn't sure what radio freq Sprint used vs VZW.
    ReEdit: while it can be unlocked, I'm running into uncertainties that VZW would activate it. Any knowledge on that?
    Last edited by gregerator; 05-17-09 at 08:10 PM.
    05-17-09 07:29 PM
    My Blackberry storm just decided to die on me and the screen would not respond. After calling Verizon, they told me to go to the store to have them look at it and give me a new one. Mine by the way is three months old. So I asked the guy at the store since he says they are sending me a warranty replacement. I told him I really don't want a refurbish phone and he explained that Verizon has the storm for sales and the ones that they keep at the warehouse just for warranty issues. He said that no matter what the warranty replacement are new, but just don't come in their original packaging. He sais that mostly the insurance sends out refurbished phone. For some reasons I don't believe all of it about my replacement. Could you help please? And also, what would be a way to find out if it's brand new or not?
    05-17-09 07:30 PM
5,111 ... 9192939495 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD