View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 9091929394 ...
tools
    Will there ever be at ptt program pushed to the blackberry storm? or will it be included on the storm 2?
    05-13-09 08:51 AM
    Dont think this is in this thread so i'll ask here.

Why is Verizon pushing the App Store icon to my phone. I delete, it through service books because there is no uninstall. next day its back.

Are they planning on pushing other "unwanted" stuff to MY phone?

I pay the bill, i buy the phone. It's mine, not theres to push stuff to unless its a functional improvement. I dont want SPAMMY ICONS littering my phone without my consent.

thanks.
    05-13-09 09:01 AM
    Those icons really aren't programs, so they don't really take up any memory. Since I'm on mobile, I can't see what device you have. Is it the Blackberry App World or the application center on the Storm?

Also, if you don't want the icons, just hide them. Out of sight, out of mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 09:12 AM
    Wow. So the "Blackberry Nationwide Email" plan for $79.99 ( for 450 minutes and BES ) doesn't include the data plan?

Enter your location

Get informed before posting 100% wrong information.
    these are good for bes users only though thats the point you need to make perfectly clear, if you are on bis it is cheaper to stay like it is i will post again 450 min 39.99 bis 29.99 unlimited in and 5000 out text 20=89.99
    450min/data/unlimited text blackberry plan=99.99

its for bes
    05-13-09 09:41 AM
    But if you need to tether, it's $5 cheaper to do it the way the other poster was describing...and it looked like they needed 900 minutes....

Plus, isn't the $20 text package now known as a select plan?
    yes and no if you look you can still just do a 20 text package, and where does it say you can tether without paying the 15 mmb fee?
    05-13-09 09:45 AM
    Those icons really aren't programs, so they don't really take up any memory. Since I'm on mobile, I can't see what device you have. Is it the Blackberry App World or the application center on the Storm?

Also, if you don't want the icons, just hide them. Out of sight, out of mind.

I realize that and I have hidden it and placed it in a bs folder.

I have the 8330, and its an app world launcher that brings you to the app world download page...its not actually app world.

My point is this. I dont want it. I dont want to hide it. I dont want Verizon dictating what I have on MY PHONE by pushing unwanted stuff to my phone.

Ive seen this before. A company starts with one thing and then one morning you wake up with an entire folder full of OPTIONS that they chose for you.

I pay plenty for the service....if they'd like to USE MY PHONE for advertising purposes, then they can feel free to pay part of my bill.

Otherwise Verizon, stay off my ****** phone!

05-13-09 10:01 AM
    I believe its Blackberry pushing it to your phone. Not verizon.
    05-13-09 10:10 AM
    I believe its Blackberry pushing it to your phone. Not verizon.
    There's been a few threads on this, and the only people being affected are Verizon customers. Why would RIM just send them to Verizion customers unless of course the fine print on a verizon contract has a screw you, we'll do whatever we want clause! Which also states..."Your phone? We Dont think so, Can you FEEL US NOW!!?"

LOL.
    05-13-09 11:12 AM
    Actually it is not just Verizon. I am on Alltel and have the same thing. I just hide the icon. Sorry, its just one of those things.
    05-13-09 11:34 AM
    There's been a few threads on this, and the only people being affected are Verizon customers. Why would RIM just send them to Verizion customers unless of course the fine print on a verizon contract has a screw you, we'll do whatever we want clause! Which also states..."Your phone? We Dont think so, Can you FEEL US NOW!!?"

LOL.
    Verizon is one of the few carriers that requires unlimited data plans on blackberrys thus making verizon users more likely to use it. To push it to carriers that don't require the data plan for their users wouldn't make much sense since there is the possibility that most people wouldn't be able to use it anyway.
    05-13-09 11:49 AM
    I am a new user and miss my ebay app. Does anyone know where I can find an ebay app or why VW does not offer one? I am more than happy to pay like I did before.

I also tried to download the evernote app and realized I need v4.6. Is there anyway to upgrade with the Curve 8330? Will it ever be offered?

Thanks for the help!
    05-13-09 01:05 PM
    Wow. So the "Blackberry Nationwide Email" plan for $79.99 ( for 450 minutes and BES ) doesn't include the data plan?

Enter your location

Get informed before posting 100% wrong information.
    O.K...lemme clarify...I was hasty in my response...any plan not specifically built for the BB doesn't include bis or bes!
    05-13-09 01:44 PM
    I know all phone call and text messages show up on my Verizon bill. will any BB to BB messenger conversations show up? (I know the message wont but what about the email address of who i was talking to?
    05-13-09 02:31 PM
    yes and no if you look you can still just do a 20 text package, and where does it say you can tether without paying the 15 mmb fee?
    $119.99(voice/messaging/BES)+$15(tethering)=$134.99

$79.99 (voice/messaging) + $29.99 (BIS) +$30 (Tethering) = $139.98

And why would you pay $20 for 5000 messages (with unlimited IN messaging) rather than pay $20 more for a Select plan and get unlimited messaging?
    05-13-09 03:56 PM
    these are good for bes users only though thats the point you need to make perfectly clear, if you are on bis it is cheaper to stay like it is i will post again 450 min 39.99 bis 29.99 unlimited in and 5000 out text 20=89.99

its for bes
    The person I replied to did not say anything about cost, nor BES nor BIS. He said there were _NO_ plans that included a data plan, I was proving him wrong. There are plans with the BES feature included. And I mentioned in my post that it's 450 minutes and BES. I'm not sure why you are replying to me.
    05-13-09 04:12 PM

its for bes
    I thought we were done with this one.. geez.. if someone would like to have the tether option it would be cheaper to go with the bundle plans in most cases because tether is 15 instead of 30.. read back through all of the posts on this same topic please..
    05-13-09 08:31 PM
    Hi
    can anyone tell me if i can hook up a palm treo without getting the data package or is vzw going to require me to add data to the phone?
    05-13-09 10:44 PM
    Hi
    can anyone tell me if i can hook up a palm treo without getting the data package or is vzw going to require me to add data to the phone?
    Yeah, you don't need a data plan with the Treo, you can actually request data to be blocked so you're not "accidently" accessing the web and being charged per use. ( $0.015 per kb )
    05-13-09 10:48 PM
    I'm in canada and had called mid april to activate the "canada plus" phone plan as well as the international data plan. The first time was just to get prices. Second time was to actually add the plan, but the lady told me since I was close to the end of my billing cycle (apr. 28), that I should just wait till then to avoid extra charges since I would only be in canada about 2-3 days before that. I said sure if that'll work, so she left a note on my account for that plan to be changed on april 28. Well I called a third time, the day I was going to cross the border just to double check everything would go as planned. The guy I talked to said yes he saw the note, and just to turn my data off on my blackberry till wednesday(apr 28).

Fast forward to yesterday, I got a call saying I've been using data while roaming, and that I owed something close to $590. I protested and said that there should have been a note on my account how it would be activated on the 28th, the lady said she'd look into it. I got a call later on that day but I work out in the country so not that good call reception. Never could hear anything and they hung up on me.

Called later that night and explained my situation to the vzw rep, but he said he didnt see any data usage on my phone for the month and that there werent any outstanding charges. I dunno whats going on, but I went ahead and had him add my intl data plan, which I told him should have already been on, and asked him to make a note on my account about it.

Sooo, my sister calls me today and said theres a message on the home phone about me needing to call vzw to verify something. Its pretty late here so I'm gonna try and call in the morning, but I'm just wondering, am I in a bad situation or do you think I can fight this to have the charges removed? Obviously I knew what plans I needed, just that verizon somehow ****** it up. I should have called a 4th time to be sure, but I'm exhausted when I get to the hotel and just want to sleep lol. Is there anyone here that could possibly make this go easier, ext # or anything like that? I'd greatly appreciate it. I just jumped ship from the iphone since I wanted better coverage which it seems to me verizon has...I love my storm but this is becoming a headache all too soon.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-18-09 at 02:59 PM. Reason: language
    05-13-09 11:17 PM
    sorry for the long post btw!
    05-13-09 11:19 PM
    Call them in the morning, explain it, then don't go until they fix it. VZW didn't foul up - a rep did. Never, ever trust a rep who tells you they will go back & add later.

I know some do it, but many just ignore their flups, figuring someone else will fix it.

For all we know, you got an outsourced call center & that the person you originally spoke to is no longer employed.

05-14-09 12:24 AM
    Is there a way you can allow only people in your contacts to call you and/or message you. I remember seeing this option somewhere but cant remember where. Thanks.
    05-14-09 12:28 AM
    Is there a way you can allow only people in your contacts to call you and/or message you. I remember seeing this option somewhere but cant remember where. Thanks.
    There is a restrictions menu in the security settings on most phones. One of the options is contacts only. I dont know if that will effect messaging tho. Never used it myself or know anyone who has. Push come to shove you could sign up for useage controls in myverizon, that will allow to block up to 10 numbers and other restrictions.
    05-14-09 10:53 AM
    I've been struggling with my Storm for three months and want to trade it in for a Curve. But Verizon told me my 30-day time is up and I can't do that, unless I pay full price for the Curve ($430). Is there any alternative to waiting until my two years with the Storm are up?
    05-14-09 03:08 PM
    I've been struggling with my Storm for three months and want to trade it in for a Curve. But Verizon told me my 30-day time is up and I can't do that, unless I pay full price for the Curve ($430). Is there any alternative to waiting until my two years with the Storm are up?
    Craigslist, eBay, CrackBerry Marketplace, local classifieds or waiting seven more months to do an early upgrade.

05-14-09 03:22 PM
5,111 ... 9091929394 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD