View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 8990919293 ...
tools
    1. To the best of my knowledge NO Verizon will not adopt the "my circle" plan. that was one of the things that will hold up the migration of Allel to Verizon

funny this has to be a sales rep because from the time this went into talks they were talking about adopting some form of my circle and oh yea they did

2. V-Cast is a plan for music devices like the Dare. it allows them to search mobile web without a per MB charge. It also is a service for downloading music. BB does not use mobile web/get it now if you were to have this service it would be another $15 on top of the $29.99 BIS

again sales that 15 dollar package is not even compatible and coded to go on the plan so you can click it but it will say NO
    05-11-09 08:40 AM
    At this time it is on its way out. So I will say yes
    this guy makes me wonder as it was never lost for vzw-vzw it was only removed from sms to outside carriers and actually mms still gets it to outside carriers as well, and yes i work for vzw and i am not a sales man, those guys are real *****
    05-11-09 08:42 AM
    ok.. no one really nailed this one so I have too.. what you need to do is the unlimited email and messageing for 119.99 and add tether for only 15.00 vs. 30.00.. the total would be 134.99.. if you did it the other way it would be the select plan @79.99 plus 29.99 for bis plan plus 30.00 for tether.. so you are @ 139.99.. so doing it the first way is 5.00 cheaper.. plus this way, if you need bes email you will have it..
    YOU STILL WITH ANY BB AND VZW HAVE TO HAVE THE 29.99BIS OR 44.99 BES PLAN, EVEN WITH THE UNLIMITED THAT IS FOR DUMB PHONES IT IS A REQUIRED CODE SO IF YOU GO ON THIS LOOK AT YOUR BILL BECAUSE YOU WILL STILL BE PAYING FOR BIS OR BES ASK ANY SENSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP AT VZW
    05-11-09 08:45 AM
    YOU STILL WITH ANY BB AND VZW HAVE TO HAVE THE 29.99BIS OR 44.99 BES PLAN, EVEN WITH THE UNLIMITED THAT IS FOR DUMB PHONES IT IS A REQUIRED CODE SO IF YOU GO ON THIS LOOK AT YOUR BILL BECAUSE YOU WILL STILL BE PAYING FOR BIS OR BES ASK ANY SENSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP AT VZW
    There is an unlimited messaging/email plan that is compatible with blackberries. That's what the poster was referring to....

Direct from VZW's website:

BlackBerry Nationwide Email & Messaging
    A bundled package with voice allowance, unlimited messaging, and wireless data usage for quick and easy remote access to email over your BlackBerry handheld.

Monthly access starting at $99.99
    05-11-09 09:03 AM
    There is an unlimited messaging/email plan that is compatible with blackberries. That's what the poster was referring to....

Direct from VZW's website:

BlackBerry Nationwide Email & Messaging
    A bundled package with voice allowance, unlimited messaging, and wireless data usage for quick and easy remote access to email over your BlackBerry handheld.

Monthly access starting at $99.99
    yes but if you dont need bes its actuall more expensive than taking 450 basic 39.99 plus 20 text package 20.00 and bis bbplan 29.99 =89.98? so if your using bis and do this ur losing money
    05-11-09 09:39 AM
    yes but if you dont need bes its actuall more expensive than taking 450 basic 39.99 plus 20 text package 20.00 and bis bbplan 29.99 =89.98? so if your using bis and do this ur losing money
    But if you need to tether, it's $5 cheaper to do it the way the other poster was describing...and it looked like they needed 900 minutes....

Plus, isn't the $20 text package now known as a select plan?
    05-11-09 10:17 AM
    No, its known as the $20 text feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 10:28 AM
    No, its known as the $20 text feature.

Sorry, that's right. With Verizon, you can either pay $20 to add on 5000 (plus unlimited IN) messages, or pay $20 more off the basic plan and get the select plan, which includes UNLIMITED messaging....So if you're trying to help someone out saving money, why would you suggest the $20 messaging plan instead of the Select plan? And many times, text plans aren't included in a corporate discount, but if you do it as a select plan, it will be...
    05-11-09 10:36 AM
    Family share plans

05-11-09 11:34 AM
    Can anybody tell me if VZ allows roaming on Sagebrush Cellular in MT? They are owned by Nemont telephone. They are building a tower at a small town that does not have VZ service am wondering if I'll be able to take advantage if that tower.

05-11-09 03:58 PM
    Can anybody tell me if VZ allows roaming on Sagebrush Cellular in MT? They are owned by Nemont telephone. They are building a tower at a small town that does not have VZ service am wondering if I'll be able to take advantage if that tower.
    Per my database, Sagebrush does have roaming agreements with VZW. While Sagebrush only offers basic telephone & text messaging (along with some delightful people in their offices), VZW customers can access Sagebrush towers without a problem, as long as your PRL is updated.

You won't be able to update your PRL in much of rural Montana, so whenever you get into Kalispell or Bozeman or any other reasonably sized town, just remember to do the *228 routine.

05-11-09 04:36 PM
    Per my database, Sagebrush does have roaming agreements with VZW. While Sagebrush only offers basic telephone & text messaging (along with some delightful people in their offices), VZW customers can access Sagebrush towers without a problem, as long as your PRL is updated.

You won't be able to update your PRL in much of rural Montana, so whenever you get into Kalispell or Bozeman or any other reasonably sized town, just remember to do the *228 routine.

Sweet deal, thanks. I work a lot in that town.
    Seems funny that would offer the touch pro if they just provide basic services.

05-11-09 04:42 PM
    Thanks for the reply...but I'm a little confused...

The $119...is that the voice included?...

Yeah.. that has your 900 mins included.. paying 40.00 for data.. but only 15 for tether.. that's why it's cheaper
    05-11-09 04:48 PM
    wrong.. it's included in the plan.. it doesn't have a seperate charge in the 119.99 bundle.. that bundle includes 900 mins unl. messaging and bes.. the price diff is 40.00 for bes but tether is only 15.. promise duder
    05-11-09 04:50 PM
    hi,
    i have been using my storm for a couple of months and i am finding that it is running very slow. i keep getting the "timepiece" busy symbol in the middle of my screen and it will lock up not allowing me to do anything. i am missing calls and sending texts are sooooooooooo slow. can anyone help me?
    05-11-09 08:29 PM
    IF you have a lot of SMS stored on the device clean those up. Also go into the browser and hit then menu button>options>cache opreations and delete cache and cookies. Also a good ols fashion battery reset never hurts either
    05-11-09 08:41 PM
    hi,
    i have been using my storm for a couple of months and i am finding that it is running very slow. i keep getting the "timepiece" busy symbol in the middle of my screen and it will lock up not allowing me to do anything. i am missing calls and sending texts are sooooooooooo slow. can anyone help me?

Head over to the Storm forums. Plenty of things you can do to make your Storm experience better. All the info is over there.

05-11-09 08:49 PM
    hi,
    The most common reason for it to run slow is there is too many things open.. popping the bat will fix that.. or press and hold options button and it will show you everything that is running so you can close them out.. there is a bat pull ap p you can get from that app store that can do that everyday for you.. and just wait for the new s/w.. it should fix a lot of that garbage
    05-11-09 09:05 PM
    Who else thinks that mifi is going to become standard for equipment for broadband access? Why in the world would anyone want an aircard if their laptop has wifi.. No setup! I can't wait for it to come out. Can anyone think of anything wrong with this picture? Besides the 5 gig cap

05-12-09 12:17 AM
    This is the first time I will be buying a new phone when it first comes out (Niagara). My question, is how does it work? Can you preorder a phone before it comes out and pick it up or have it mailed to you on release date? Or is this something you just have to wait it out in line? Thanks!
    05-12-09 10:56 AM
    with the world phones from verizon, is it possible to use a gsm phone (e.g. the Bold) with VZW's sim card if the phone is unlocked?
    05-12-09 01:56 PM
    wrong.. it's included in the plan.. it doesn't have a seperate charge in the 119.99 bundle.. that bundle includes 900 mins unl. messaging and bes.. the price diff is 40.00 for bes but tether is only 15.. promise duder
    Actually...ANY plan through verizon...if you have a BB it's either $29.99, or $44.99...it isn't included with any plan at all!
    05-12-09 02:24 PM
    Actually...ANY plan through verizon...if you have a BB it's either $29.99, or $44.99...it isn't included with any plan at all!
    Wow. So the "Blackberry Nationwide Email" plan for $79.99 ( for 450 minutes and BES ) doesn't include the data plan?

Enter your location

Get informed before posting 100% wrong information.
    05-12-09 04:18 PM
    you are so wrong duder.. got to vzw.com and see for yourself.. why would there be a plan for 119.99 if you get the same thing for 79.99? what's the difference there? the email and internet plan is included.. Please do your research before posting crazy info that will confuse everyone
    05-12-09 10:41 PM
    Wow. So the "Blackberry Nationwide Email" plan for $79.99 ( for 450 minutes and BES ) doesn't include the data plan?

Enter your location

Get informed before posting 100% wrong information.

dude.. that guy is off his rocker.. 79.99 plan is 450 mins with bes or bisbut no txt..
    05-12-09 10:43 PM
5,111 ... 8990919293 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD