View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 8889909192 ...
tools
    when I swapped for a new device after 3 go arounds, turns out that it was never the phone, it was the memory card that was the problem. When they replaced my moto krzr for an lg, it was doing the same thing. Once I took the memory card out, it worked fine. I was still happy with my replacement since the motorola krvr SUCKED and was WAYYY TOO SLOW!!!

It was a great upgrade for me however, it also showed how limited the techs are when it comes to inspecting these devices
    05-09-09 05:00 PM
    when I swapped for a new device after 3 go arounds, turns out that it was never the phone, it was the memory card that was the problem. When they replaced my moto krzr for an lg, it was doing the same thing. Once I took the memory card out, it worked fine. I was still happy with my replacement since the motorola krvr SUCKED and was WAYYY TOO SLOW!!!

It was a great upgrade for me however, it also showed how limited the techs are when it comes to inspecting these devices
    hmm, since we cannot see the phone while talking to you on the phone, there are prescribed sets of trouble shooting we can do. Then the phone gets replaced. Sounds like everything that needed to be done was done. Then on the other hand guess it took you 4 phones to figure it out as well and you have have the phone and can see.
    05-09-09 05:06 PM
    This should be able to be done. As long as you still have the cut outs. I beleive the BOGO is still going on, but I would go play with the storm before you you go with it. You will have to pay $35 restocking fee per phone returned.
    05-09-09 09:53 PM
    just swap her phone for the storm so you on only have to pay one restocking fee and then do an ESN switch. She can take your curve and you can take the storm. Since the store manager went above and beyond with the $130 credit, this will help him keep his return percentage low and save you $35.
    05-09-09 10:45 PM
    hmm, since we cannot see the phone while talking to you on the phone, there are prescribed sets of trouble shooting we can do. Then the phone gets replaced. Sounds like everything that needed to be done was done. Then on the other hand guess it took you 4 phones to figure it out as well and you have have the phone and can see.
    no no, this was the techs at the store!
    05-10-09 01:05 AM
    I just made a new thread, but realized it could work in here too, so here's a copy of what I said, thanks:
    "Hi all,
    I have a storm and curve, and have been using the curve, but am wondering how difficult it is to (semi)regularly switch back and forth between them, I want to check out the app world and such on the storm. How long does it take to call verizon and get them to change the phones, and for anyone who has done it, are there usually any problems, or does it work well most of the time? Any other feedback is appreciated.
    Thanks very much and have a nice weekend."
    05-10-09 11:22 AM
    Started on a Family Share Basic 700 plan 4 years ago with two lines. About 6-8 months ago, I wanted unlimited texting on just my phone (the secondary line) and VZW upgraded us to Select 700 even though the other phone wasn't going to use it.

Currently we have FS Select 700 + one additional line

I am upgrading my phone to a BB Curve 8330 but the primary is not getting a new phone, and we're adding a third line with an inexpensive phone for my grandmother. Since we need to pay for the BB data plan and according to the website, there is no unlimited texting option on the Blackberry, if I choose 1500 texts for the Blackberry, is there any reason we could not step back down to Family Share Basic 700?

So it'd be FS Basic 700 + BB Data Plan + 1500 texts for the BB + two additional lines

I was able to easily "create" the plan online in this way but I wanted to know if there is any particular reason that a store couldn't make this happen with an existing plan.

If it's somehow location-specific, the zip code is 33308. We are currently month-to-month but are willing to sign a new 2 year contract when we get the Blackberry and the additional line, and the account holder is a Verizon VIP if that makes any difference either.

Thanks!
    05-10-09 11:56 AM
    I just made a new thread, but realized it could work in here too, so here's a copy of what I said, thanks:
    "Hi all,
    I have a storm and curve, and have been using the curve, but am wondering how difficult it is to (semi)regularly switch back and forth between them, I want to check out the app world and such on the storm. How long does it take to call verizon and get them to change the phones, and for anyone who has done it, are there usually any problems, or does it work well most of the time? Any other feedback is appreciated.
    Thanks very much and have a nice weekend."
    It isn't a problem to switch one phone to the other, and is normally a fairly quick process. However, do know that if you plan on constantly switching between both phone frequently you will be charged a fee to do so. (We charge $10.00 to switch a number after the first "courtesy" switch has been used.)
    05-10-09 12:01 PM
    It isn't a problem to switch one phone to the other, and is normally a fairly quick process. However, do know that if you plan on constantly switching between both phone frequently you will be charged a fee to do so. (We charge $10.00 to switch a number after the first "courtesy" switch has been used.)
    Or you can do it via *228 and not have to worry about paying the cash and not have to go to the store.
    05-10-09 12:32 PM
    So let me get this straight...

I want the 900 min voice plan...with 5 number friends and family...$79.99

BIS - $29.99

And to tether it would be $30 extra?

Is this correct?
    05-10-09 02:05 PM
    You would use the 900 minute email plan for $99.99 and add tethering. It's $10 less per month that way

The thing about the $99.99/month email/voice plan is that you lose the unlimited messaging feature, which it seems that the poster wanted.
    05-10-09 02:41 PM
    You would use the 900 minute email plan for $99.99 and add tethering. It's $10 less per month that way
    Sorry...yes..I forgot to add I wanted the unlimited text messaging also...

So the prices I have are correct?
    05-10-09 03:08 PM
    Yes, they are, as long as you don't need BES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 03:15 PM
    Yes, they are, as long as you don't need BES.

Ok...Thank you...

No...I don't need BES....

Thanks again...
    05-10-09 03:22 PM
    Ok...the answer to this may have been posted but I'm on my berry and it takes too long to search....so, I'm going to Punta Cana on Wednesday. I have international calling already. Can I turn off just the data connection on my berry? Will I still be able to get texts and make calls? What do I have to do before I go and is there anything I have to do when I get to Punta Cana? I had trouble in Dec. When I went to Aruba. TIA

05-10-09 08:18 PM
    Can a CSR @ 611 clear a pin so someone else can use the blackberry?
    05-10-09 08:26 PM
    A tech person can, not regular CS. Are you the orignal of BIS account tying up the pin number?
    05-10-09 08:29 PM
    A tech person can, not regular CS. Are you the orignal of BIS account tying up the pin number?
    Yes, I am the original person tying up the pin. When I call in, do I need to ask for tech support?
    05-10-09 08:38 PM
    Yes, once you can verify the account they will either delete the account if you are no longer using it or change it the current pin and esn for the device you have. Either way, it free up the pin
    05-10-09 08:44 PM
    Yes, once you can verify the account they will either delete the account if you are no longer using it or change it the current pin and esn for the device you have. Either way, it free up the pin
    Great thanks, I just need it deleted so I can sell the phone.
    05-10-09 08:51 PM
    Great thanks, I just need it deleted so I can sell the phone.
    Just an FYI retail stores, not auth agents, are going to get the bis admin tool, Finally!.. The management is going to be the only ones in the store with access and they should get their logins soon..
    05-11-09 03:31 AM
    yeah *228 should work to change the esn via ivr.. myverizon online is another option... it sounds like that was an auth agent rep that replied first.. the standard fee is 20.00 for every cpe esn change.. but we don't always charge it because it is so easy to self serve now days
    05-11-09 03:38 AM
    Started on a Family Share Basic 700 plan 4 years ago with two lines. About 6-8 months ago, I wanted unlimited texting on just my phone (the secondary line) and VZW upgraded us to Select 700 even though the other phone wasn't going to use it.

Currently we have FS Select 700 + one additional line

I am upgrading my phone to a BB Curve 8330 but the primary is not getting a new phone, and we're adding a third line with an inexpensive phone for my grandmother. Since we need to pay for the BB data plan and according to the website, there is no unlimited texting option on the Blackberry, if I choose 1500 texts for the Blackberry, is there any reason we could not step back down to Family Share Basic 700?

So it'd be FS Basic 700 + BB Data Plan + 1500 texts for the BB + two additional lines

I was able to easily "create" the plan online in this way but I wanted to know if there is any particular reason that a store couldn't make this happen with an existing plan.

If it's somehow location-specific, the zip code is 33308. We are currently month-to-month but are willing to sign a new 2 year contract when we get the Blackberry and the additional line, and the account holder is a Verizon VIP if that makes any difference either.

Thanks!
    The select plan will cover you on txt with the blackberry.. no need to change anything unless you want to go back to that 15.00 package for 1500 txt outside the network..
    05-11-09 03:40 AM
    The thing about the $99.99/month email/voice plan is that you lose the unlimited messaging feature, which it seems that the poster wanted.
    ok.. no one really nailed this one so I have too.. what you need to do is the unlimited email and messageing for 119.99 and add tether for only 15.00 vs. 30.00.. the total would be 134.99.. if you did it the other way it would be the select plan @79.99 plus 29.99 for bis plan plus 30.00 for tether.. so you are @ 139.99.. so doing it the first way is 5.00 cheaper.. plus this way, if you need bes email you will have it..
    05-11-09 03:45 AM
    ok.. no one really nailed this one so I have too.. what you need to do is the unlimited email and messageing for 119.99 and add tether for only 15.00 vs. 30.00.. the total would be 134.99.. if you did it the other way it would be the select plan @79.99 plus 29.99 for bis plan plus 30.00 for tether.. so you are @ 139.99.. so doing it the first way is 5.00 cheaper.. plus this way, if you need bes email you will have it..
    Thanks for the reply...but I'm a little confused...

The $119...is that the voice included?...

05-11-09 07:36 AM
5,111 ... 8889909192 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD