View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    what are the extra fees for being able to tether ur blackberry to ur computer for wireless internet
    10-06-08 09:22 AM
    As long as you aren't adding a line of service, your credit will not be ran. Hope that helps!

Vzw rep
    I have a blackberry for work that is currently on ATT. My home phone (an old RAZR) is currently on Verizon, and was purchased using my employer discount program. My company will reimburse me the cost of a new blackberry every 2 years, and I am eligible for that reimbursment now. My ATT contract is up, and I am eligible for my NE2 on Verizon.

Here is my question - if I choose to use my NE2 on Verizon to upgrade my phone to a Blackberry Storm (whenever that may be available) using my business discount program, will Verizon run another credit check? I am trying to minimize hits on my credit right now. I understand that I will also need to add a blackberry data plan to my current voice account (not that it probably matters, but work will reimburse my data charges).

Thoughts from any reps? Thanks!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 09:23 AM
    If you have the 29.99 data plan it is $30 a month and if u have the 44.99 data plan(the enterprise server) then it is $15 a month

Vzw rep

what are the extra fees for being able to tether ur blackberry to ur computer for wireless internet
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-08 09:25 AM
    yeah i have to agree with justagirl, being that uve already had a phone on verizon and ur not adding another line ur basically just getting a new phone, my parents pay for my phone (i know i know) and i have physically gone in there by myself to upgrade to a new phone and there didn't appear to be any credit checks being ran, unless ur defaulting on payments i don't really see a reason they should even slightly think about running a credit check
    10-06-08 09:26 AM
    do you know the limitations of tethering? is it the same as the dongles that they sell for the computers? i saw they had 50mb and 5gig
    10-06-08 09:26 AM
    Tethering has a 5 gig limit, before you get overages
    10-06-08 04:57 PM
    do you know the limitations of tethering? is it the same as the dongles that they sell for the computers? i saw they had 50mb and 5gig
    5gb limit...............
    10-06-08 05:11 PM
    Is there any way for me to get my Curve to work with the TomTom 720 GPS unit? I have tried some of the manual settings I found online, but none of them seem to work.
    10-07-08 02:59 PM
    I have been having problems for several months (that forced me to buy a new phone but the problems have continued), support was finally able to replicate it but did not know what to do about it. The kind gentleman gave me a ticket number and said someone would call me when it is fixed.
    Do I need to just let this slide until it is fixed or should I continue to call?
    10-07-08 03:31 PM
    I have been having problems for several months (that forced me to buy a new phone but the problems have continued), support was finally able to replicate it but did not know what to do about it. The kind gentleman gave me a ticket number and said someone would call me when it is fixed.
    Do I need to just let this slide until it is fixed or should I continue to call?
    call in with your ticket number.
    10-07-08 03:34 PM
    Ticket times are running 3=5 days. If you have notheard back by the 5th day, then call in.
    10-07-08 05:10 PM
    hi i bought a curve about a week and a half ago but i was wondering if i could trade it in for the storm when it comes out. also if i pay the difference will still be able to get the discount like i got for the curve?
    10-08-08 12:57 AM
    I know this was asked earlier, but it was never really clarified. I want the Storm when it comes out, but already upgraded to the Curve back in May. I am on a family plan and my mom is due for an upgrade. When the Storm releases is it possible to purchase it using my mom's upgrade and then transfer it to my number and she takes my Curve or her original phone?

Thanks guys.
    10-08-08 05:33 AM
    I know this was asked earlier, but it was never really clarified. I want the Storm when it comes out, but already upgraded to the Curve back in May. I am on a family plan and my mom is due for an upgrade. When the Storm releases is it possible to purchase it using my mom's upgrade and then transfer it to my number and she takes my Curve or her original phone?

Thanks guys.

yes this is very possible to do. your mom can go upgrade her line, and then change the ESN on to your line, very simply.
    10-08-08 06:12 AM
    hi i bought a curve about a week and a half ago but i was wondering if i could trade it in for the storm when it comes out. also if i pay the difference will still be able to get the discount like i got for the curve?
    since we are unsure of the release date, thats a hard question to answer. if the phone were to come out in the next 2.5 weeks, then yes. once you are out of your 30 day exchange, you will not be able to do that. if you keep the curve and the storm comes out in a month from now, then you will have to pay full retail of the storm.

id say, if you want the storm, return the curve, and wait it out. I am waiting!
    10-08-08 06:14 AM
    Thank you lastraid and chrisy520, I will call them today
    10-08-08 12:26 PM
    What's the current version of Desktop Manager supported by Verizon? I installed 4.6 (from BB's website) on Win XP for my Curve 8330, but it's unable to recognize the device. (When I connect the USB, Windows loops between the device-connected and device-disconnected bong sounds, while the Berry repeatedly asks if it should be a remote drive.) Should I uninstall and use a different version?
    10-08-08 12:41 PM
    4.3 is the current version at this time.
    10-08-08 05:14 PM
    What's the current version of Desktop Manager supported by Verizon? I installed 4.6 (from BB's website) on Win XP for my Curve 8330, but it's unable to recognize the device. (When I connect the USB, Windows loops between the device-connected and device-disconnected bong sounds, while the Berry repeatedly asks if it should be a remote drive.) Should I uninstall and use a different version?
    I don't think this is an issue with the desktop manager. Do a battery pull, restart Windows, and try a different USB port. I had the same problem on my computer at work, but 4.6 works. I'm on Sprint, but the same thing applies. 4.3 is the official desktop manager supported.
    10-08-08 05:48 PM
    only if you are under the 30 day WFG (assumes bought from direct VZW store - indirects have their own return policy).
    10-08-08 11:34 PM
    I' having trouble figuring out how to hear the voice directions on my Curve using my Jawbone. It used to work fine on my enV. Any advice?
    10-09-08 04:50 PM
    I' having trouble figuring out how to hear the voice directions on my Curve using my Jawbone. It used to work fine on my enV. Any advice?
    I have researched this pretty deep in my option. On several BB and B/T deivces and I have not yet found one that works. Sorry, If you find a way to do it please post
    10-09-08 05:12 PM
    Hi I am currently on a America's Choice II Family plan (500 min for $50). With a lot of the new VZW phones requiring a Nationwide calling plan, will there be a chance that I will be able to get the new BB Storm without changing my plan?
    10-09-08 11:36 PM
    Hi I am currently on a America's Choice II Family plan (500 min for $50). With a lot of the new VZW phones requiring a Nationwide calling plan, will there be a chance that I will be able to get the new BB Storm without changing my plan?
    Yes you can keep your plan. The requirement is only for HTML enabled phones, (blackberries aren't phones, they are blackberries )
    Last edited by djbrianfalls; 10-10-08 at 12:56 AM.
    10-10-08 12:40 AM
    Recent I've noticed my Curve freezing up for several seconds. Anything I can do to fix this? I have my ringtones and pics on the card and have 21952203 for free space.
    10-10-08 01:39 PM
5,111 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD