View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 8788899091 ...
tools
    I own a BlackBerry storm. Does using aim on this device count as data or non-vzw texts? Been meaning to ask vzw but maybe this will save some time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Which AIM program are you using? If it is the one that RIM designed (probably the one you downloaded in your IM folder), then you are using data, not texts.
    05-05-09 12:35 PM
    I'm running the standard, official one that came with the phone (on the application center from RIM)

05-05-09 12:40 PM
    I'm running the standard, official one that came with the phone (on the application center from RIM)

That goes as data then. If you had downloaded it from AOL or AIM, then it would be text.
    05-05-09 12:44 PM

if its the 3 in 1 app (aim/yahoo/msn) with the orangish logo, then its text. If its the individual apps with more bubbly graphics, then its data
    05-05-09 08:43 PM
    Jason I STILL haven't upgraded my OS! How sad is that?

But I do have a verizon rep that is a friend and he is going to do it for me. It's sad that I can't upgrade it on my Macbook(yes I know I can download windozzze, but thats not happening)!
    05-07-09 09:33 AM
    Jason I STILL haven't upgraded my OS! How sad is that?

But I do have a verizon rep that is a friend and he is going to do it for me. It's sad that I can't upgrade it on my Macbook(yes I know I can download windozzze, but thats not happening)!
    I think before you upgrade your OS you need to upgrade your PC lol! In any case, you know I'm there whenever you want to take a crack at it...

I'll tolerate the slowness with small talk LOL
    05-07-09 10:24 AM
    Oh no I'm not going to use tht slow piece of crap PC. I got my macbook and its amazing, but no windoze will be dled to that sucker!

Plus I got a friend that is a vzw rep and he is going to do it for me.
    05-07-09 10:41 AM
    What is the cheapest way to get cell phone coverage while I'm on vacation in mexico? Please e-mail: Egould731 at verizon dot net (won't let me post my e-mail) thanks!
    05-07-09 08:03 PM
    What is the cheapest way to get cell phone coverage while I'm on vacation in mexico? Please e-mail: Egould731 at verizon dot net (won't let me post my e-mail) thanks!
    VZW just release Nationwide plans with Mexico. Call them and ask about it. I think you will like it. 800-922-0204
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-07-09 at 08:19 PM. Reason: TOO MANY DARN TYPOS
    05-07-09 08:07 PM
    VZW jsut release NAtionwide plans with Mexico. Call tehm and ask about it. I think you will like it. 800-922-0204

What about unlocking the phone? Is that necessary? And I have read some stuff about buying a sim card in Mexico. I'm new to owning a BB--I have the STORM. I need to keep in touch with my multiple jobs, e-mails, calls and all that.
    05-07-09 08:11 PM
    What about unlocking the phone? Is that necessary? And I have read some stuff about buying a sim card in Mexico. I'm new to owning a BB--I have the STORM. I need to keep in touch with my multiple jobs, e-mails, calls and all that.
    You can have SIM unlocked and do this. You will need to call VZW and ask them to unlock it. There are requirements for this and they will help if you qualify. THis will work for calls, I am not sure if it will work for data. THey can explain it all to you
    05-07-09 08:18 PM
    You can have SIM unlocked and do this. You will need to call VZW and ask them to unlock it. There are requirements for this and they will help if you qualify. THis will work for calls, I am not sure if it will work for data. THey can explain it all to you
    I know I'm asking stupid questions.... BUT, what are the advantages of unlocking the phone?
    05-07-09 08:39 PM
    Unlocking the SIM and unlocking the phone are two different things. Unlocking a phone opens the device so you can use it on another carrier, that uses the same technology.

IE, I seen people report here they have unlocked a storm and are using it on ATT. Now for most phones when thisis done, it hase to be used on like technology. CDMA to CDMA and GSM TO GSM
    05-07-09 08:42 PM
    Unlocking the SM and unlocking the phone are two differnet things. Unlocking a phone opens the device so you can use it on another carrier, that uses the same technology.

IE, I seen people report here they have unlocked a storm and are using it on ATT. Now for most phones when thisis done, it hase to be used on like technology. CDMA to CDMA and GSM TO GSM
    So in theory if I unlocked the phone, I could use a mexico-based cellular service?
    05-07-09 08:44 PM
    verizon rules.
    05-07-09 09:55 PM
    Any idea or guesstimation on when Verizon's newest OS will be released? Currently with 4.7.0.75.
    05-08-09 12:21 AM
    No, but if you read the earlier posts -you would see why - I can tell you it will not be in the next 5 minutes. Sorry but this question is getting very old
    05-08-09 12:24 AM
    No problem, I did do a search for " Verizon OS upgrade" and it was not in any of the results I got. I do not have hours to devote to reading every thread in hopes of finding what I am looking for, I generally find my answers by doing a search but occasionally I feel the need to ask, and just like every other forum out there instead of helping , all people want to do is bash, don't answer if you are tired of answering.
    05-08-09 01:14 AM
    No problem, I did do a search for " Verizon OS upgrade" and it was not in any of the results I got. I do not have hours to devote to reading every thread in hopes of finding what I am looking for, I generally find my answers by doing a search but occasionally I feel the need to ask, and just like every other forum out there instead of helping , all people want to do is bash, don't answer if you are tired of answering.
    There is an entire forum dedicated to beta OS releases. You might try widening your search parameters or look first here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/vo...cially-222701/

05-08-09 01:34 AM
    How many times does verizon has to replace your phone before they will let you get another phone/brand/type of compariable price???

I have decided to start a thread in which you can ask all your questions/inquiries/concerns within this very thread.

We will attempt to answer as best and as fast as possible.

If you don't feel comfortable asking within the forums, you can always email me or PIN me. Please be sure to state that you are from CB when requesting PIN messaging.

Disclaimer: All opinions and postings are my own thoughts and opinions and in no way reflect the policies, terms and conditions, or should be taken as an agreement or binding contract between you and Verizon Wireless. I am not in any way resposible or liable for any information or opinions I may give you.

Due to conflicting information, if you are going to provide any information, please back it up with LINKS/SOURCES!!!
    05-08-09 03:10 PM
    How many times does verizon has to replace your phone before they will let you get another phone/brand/type of compariable price???
    About 86. What are you doing to break it? I want a free phone or a discount so I think I'll claim problems. Don't think so.

05-08-09 03:33 PM
    I don't think there is a set number, even though I've heard 3 bandied about.

Honestly, I think that maybe the second replacement and definitely the third signal a loose nut on the keyboard. The defect rates on these devices, be it RIM, HTC, Samsung, LG or Moto just isn't high enough to make it easy to claim all of these defects.

Being unhappy with a phone choice or unable/unwilling to operate it properly does not make for a defective device.

Interestingly, I hear claims of repeated defects goes way up right before and right after a new model release.

05-08-09 03:34 PM
    after 3 justified replacements, you can qualify for a different model. It still needs store manager approval and I don't know if its a formal policy or a courtesy policy but this was the case for me several phones back with my moto rvr before I was give a free new replaceent model LG vx8300
    05-08-09 10:13 PM
    after 3 justified replacements, you can qualify for a different model. It still needs store manager approval and I don't know if its a formal policy or a courtesy policy but this was the case for me several phones back with my moto rvr before I was give a free new replaceent model LG vx8300
    Just to add.... It's 3 replacements in a 90 day period. It is a courtesy policy and it is up to the store manager... Also, it changes your eligible upgrade / new every two dates, because you're getting a new device at a discounted price...
    05-08-09 11:31 PM
    Just to add.... It's 3 replacements in a 90 day period. It is a courtesy policy and it is up to the store manager... Also, it changes your eligible upgrade / new every two dates, because you're getting a new device at a discounted price...
    Just to add: It is also the discresion of tech reps and or supervisors in call centers as well. There are also other factors involved in this descision. Since I do not talk about internal procedures in a finite sort of way, I will not disclose these details. So therefore, it is way more than just 3 devices in a 3 month period.

So if one can thinks that they call and say I just got a replacement and it is doing the same thing or something slightly different, just to get a new or a different device, not going to happen. Most reps/sups also take a really close look at this and user error when mulitple reports of the same issue is reported by a customer.

Another piece of info I can and will give. No matter how broken your device is. (I monitor for this, but not sure how others do), if you have a past due balance on your account, a replacement device should not be sent till the monies owed on the bill are made current.
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-09-09 at 09:16 AM.
    05-09-09 09:11 AM
5,111 ... 8788899091 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD