View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 8687888990 ...
tools
    I did. It basically comes down to VZW using security as a crutch. But if I pay the $10 for VZ Nav, then other apps will have access to the signal. It all comes down to VZ making money. I guess that isn't a horrible thing, they are a buisness after all.
    other apps will not have access to the signal regardless if you pay $10 or not. The $10 only pays for VZ Nav access. BB Maps is free with a 4.5 OS upgrade
    05-02-09 11:10 AM
    other apps will not have access to the signal regardless if you pay $10 or not. The $10 only pays for VZ Nav access. BB Maps is free with a 4.5 OS upgrade
    OK. I read somewhere that once you have VZNav installed and functional, the signal will be available to other apps.

Someday I hope we can get a good maps app because BBMaps sucks as does paying for VZNav (Not a bad app, just too damn expensive when I should be able to use Google maps for free)
    05-02-09 11:14 AM
    OK. I read somewhere that once you have VZNav installed and functional, the signal will be available to other apps.

Someday I hope we can get a good maps app because BBMaps sucks as does paying for VZNav (Not a bad app, just too damn expensive when I should be able to use Google maps for free)
    Whatever you read, they were lying to you. Nav doesn't turn on anything on your phone beacause the gps chip isn't on or off. What is not allowed is other apps getting info from Verizon's pde and that is app specific.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 12:52 PM
    I have a question:
    (Monday April 27th, 2009) I bought 3 EnV2's,
    one with NE2 and 2 @ $50 a piece,
    now they have them listed as BOGO for $50.
    Will VZW apply the "One free amount of $50" to my account?
    05-03-09 12:14 AM
    I have a question:
    (Monday April 27th, 2009) I bought 3 EnV2's,
    one with NE2 and 2 @ $50 a piece,
    now they have them listed as BOGO for $50.
    Will VZW apply the "One free amount of $50" to my account?

When you purchase phones from Verizon you have 30 days from the date of purchase if you are unhappy. That said, we would match that price since you are within that 30 day period.
    05-03-09 12:54 AM
    Whatever you read, they were lying to you. Nav doesn't turn on anything on your phone beacause the gps chip isn't on or off. What is not allowed is other apps getting info from Verizon's pde and that is app specific.

That is actually a true statement. It may not work with the app you are trying to use it with, but look at a service like Chaperone 2.0. You can use VZ Nav to get directions to the location of a child phone.
    05-03-09 12:57 AM
    thank you, iconfidential.
    I appreciate your time
    05-03-09 12:57 AM
    That is actually a true statement. It may not work with the app you are trying to use it with, but look at a service like Chaperone 2.0. You can use VZ Nav to get directions to the location of a child phone.
    child chaperone is not supported by blackberry
    05-03-09 08:44 AM
    Was my question about an unlocked CDMA phone answered ? i didnt see it unless i missed it.
    05-03-09 01:25 PM
    wow, with all these questions...one has to wonder....do you all get paid to answer questions....pink slip...anything like that?
    05-03-09 01:29 PM
    We don't get a dime for answering questions on here. We just like to help
    05-03-09 02:40 PM
    Was my question about an unlocked CDMA phone answered ? i didnt see it unless i missed it.
    Could you please repeat your question?
    05-03-09 02:40 PM
    I was offered an Unlocked CDMA phone, but its not branded by verizon so i was wondering if it would work if i switched from my BB to it.
    05-03-09 02:47 PM
    It might.. can't guarantee it will, and you likely won't have access to data services, definetly not to vcast or anything like that. We just can't guarantee it.
    05-03-09 03:37 PM
    child chaperone is not supported by blackberry
    neither is the parent device
    05-03-09 04:58 PM
    Does anyone know if the 8900 curve is comming to Verizon? And if so when? What about sprint?
    05-03-09 06:01 PM
    Does anyone know if the 8900 curve is comming to Verizon? And if so when? What about sprint?
    Read back a page or two in this forum and you will see your answer. Search is you best friend and welcome to CB Why would ask about if Sprint is getting a device in the ask a VZW rep forum?
    05-03-09 06:32 PM
    Read back a page or two in this forum and you will see your answer. Search is you best friend and welcome to CB Why would ask about if Sprint is getting a device in the ask a VZW rep forum?
    Looks like he's been a member of Crackberry longer than you...just an epic first post
    05-04-09 06:03 PM
    Will vzn be coming out with a push to talk bb when?

05-04-09 08:13 PM
    Will vzn be coming out with a push to talk bb when?

I have heard rumour about this. As for when it will arrive who knows. For if we knew the info would be posted already. I will tell you it will not be tomorrow
    05-04-09 08:17 PM
    Hi -

Recently upgraded to a Storm and love it, but something about the upgrade doesn't seem right to me ...

I performed the upgrade at a Verizon Premium Reseller -- y'know, the guys who only sell Verizon stuff, but aren't 'factory stores'? In any event, the sales guy told me that Verizon REQUIRES that the new Blackberry's be activated on the $45/month plan and that the customer can downgrade after the first month. He gave the reason that too many customers had activated on the $30/month plan and then complained when it wouldn't work with their BES at work. So, Verizon requires the $45/month plan to ensure that everyone's needs are met.

is this true or did I just give away $15? How would I downgrade to the $30/month plan? I checked my account on vzw.com but didn't see an option to downgrade ...

thanks,
    ray
    05-04-09 11:03 PM
    Hi -

Recently upgraded to a Storm and love it, but something about the upgrade doesn't seem right to me ...

I performed the upgrade at a Verizon Premium Reseller -- y'know, the guys who only sell Verizon stuff, but aren't 'factory stores'? In any event, the sales guy told me that Verizon REQUIRES that the new Blackberry's be activated on the $45/month plan and that the customer can downgrade after the first month. He gave the reason that too many customers had activated on the $30/month plan and then complained when it wouldn't work with their BES at work. So, Verizon requires the $45/month plan to ensure that everyone's needs are met.

is this true or did I just give away $15? How would I downgrade to the $30/month plan? I checked my account on vzw.com but didn't see an option to downgrade ...

thanks,
    ray
    Yes you were lied to. Authorized Dealers are the bane of my existence! They are the shadiest mofo's in the industry. The good thing about them is that they are so incredibly stupid that when they screw up an account, they send them to a corporate store where customers are educated about them and never return. Anybody who does repeat business with them is an *****.

Call customer service right away and downgrade the plan. $45 is for BES users, $30 is for everyone else. they are both unlimited. You can also see if the customer serv rep can steer you in the right direction as far as reporting this scumbag.
    05-05-09 12:06 AM
    Yes you were lied to. Authorized Dealers are the bane of my existence! They are the shadiest mofo's in the industry. The good thing about them is that they are so incredibly stupid that when they screw up an account, they send them to a corporate store where customers are educated about them and never return. Anybody who does repeat business with them is an *****.

Call customer service right away and downgrade the plan. $45 is for BES users, $30 is for everyone else. they are both unlimited. You can also see if the customer serv rep can steer you in the right direction as far as reporting this scumbag.
    also make sure on the agreement that you signed with the indirect dealer that there is no stipulations regarding changing the data plan. sometimes there are penalties/revoke rebate that can occur if you change plans/features
    05-05-09 01:49 AM
    Hi -

thanks,
    ray
    Simple answer....you were lied to. That rep is just trying to boost his numbers.
    05-05-09 09:51 AM
    I own a BlackBerry storm. Does using aim on this device count as data or non-vzw texts? Been meaning to ask vzw but maybe this will save some time.

05-05-09 11:23 AM
5,111 ... 8687888990 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD