View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 8485868788 ...
tools
    Fixed it and at least for now it works. Thanks NooB for the help. Greatly appreciated.
    NooB, It's gone again (it happened after a reboot). So I am getting the same message on "the camera not being able to open, close all applications and try again". Again other suggestions?
    05-01-09 08:28 AM
    when is the new firmware being released for the Storm?

I 2nd this question.

We NEED an answer to this.

I am tired of seeing other networks get updates while we are stuck with .75.

My dad and I got Storms on the same day/time, at the same store, and his has issues... every time he takes it in they keep telling him a new software update is coming to fix those issues.... It's been almost 2 months now, and he is so fed up he is about to go to AT&T to get a Bold or an iPhone.

Mine hasn't had as many problems/issues... but I too would like an update to get some of the benefits others on other networks already have.

Verizon SERIOUSLY NEEDS to step up and get an update out... NOW!

Any REAL idea when this may happen?

My dad's local Verizon store has been saying "soon" for over a month now....
    05-01-09 08:42 AM
    Nodbody knows when an update is coming. It could be today, it could be tomorrow, it could be next month. We just don't know. It will get released when it gets released. There is no other answer than that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 08:46 AM
    I 2nd this question.

We NEED an answer to this.

I am tired of seeing other networks get updates while we are stuck with .75.

My dad and I got Storms on the same day/time, at the same store, and his has issues... every time he takes it in they keep telling him a new software update is coming to fix those issues.... It's been almost 2 months now, and he is so fed up he is about to go to AT&T to get a Bold or an iPhone.

Mine hasn't had as many problems/issues... but I too would like an update to get some of the benefits others on other networks already have.

Verizon SERIOUSLY NEEDS to step up and get an update out... NOW!

Any REAL idea when this may happen?

My dad's local Verizon store has been saying "soon" for over a month now....
    First off : IF YOU would futher read around the many other forums here about this, YOU would see it is not VZW issue to release the OS for YOUR device, it is RIM.

Second: YOU can ask till you are blue in the face, VZW reps do not know about ANY product release for the most until 24to 48 hours prior to release.

Third: all VZW can do when the get an OS from RIM is test it and send it back if there are issues with it. VZW take network and personal security very seriously.
    05-01-09 08:49 AM
    First off : IF YOU would futher read around the many other forums here about this, YOU would see it is not VZW issue to release the OS for YOUR device, it is RIM.

Second: YOU can ask till you are blue in the face, VZW reps do not know about ANY product release for the most until 24to 48 hours prior to release.

Third: all VZW can do when the get an OS from RIM is test it and send it back if there are issues with it. VZW take network and personal security very seriously.
    First off: Why are VZW reps saying the update is coming soon?

If they have no clue, they should say they have no clue.

Not lead me/my dad on to believe that it is gonna happen "soon"

Second off: I am new to the Blackberry world, and am impressed with the device... but where do these beta OS's come from? RIM? or are people just making them in their basement?

Seems like I have seen SEVERAL beta OS's for the 9530.... and other carriers have released OS updates, while Verizon hasn't... so isn't that a VERIZON issue?

Regardless, it makes Verizon look bad, and it makes their customers upset.... and I know not only my father, but other friends with Storm's on the Verizon network, are getting a little impatient. Luckily I have had MINIMAL issues with my Storm... but I have to take crap almost DAILY from friends with iPhones about how their device is superior.... while I am just waiting for updates that seem to never be coming..... (Unless I have a Storm on a different carrier. )

Third: I am glad Verizon takes security seriously... that's awesome. But, and yet again, why have other carriers been able to release updates? You can't tell me NO ONE at Verizon has a clue as to when the update is coming. I understand the average peon working at the store might not know... but, in my opinion, Verizon needs to relay update info to their customers better. If they are targeting April 24th (as I heard thru the grapevine) and there are problems... how bout just UPDATING everyone saying, hey, there were problems... new date is May 15th (or whatever it is.)

Sometimes a little info is better then nothing at all... isn't the Obama administration learning that now with their NYC skyline fly over?
    05-01-09 09:07 AM
    First off: Why are VZW reps saying the update is coming soon?

If they have no clue, they should say they have no clue.

Not lead me/my dad on to believe that it is gonna happen "soon"

Second off: I am new to the Blackberry world, and am impressed with the device... but where do these beta OS's come from? RIM? or are people just making them in their basement?

Seems like I have seen SEVERAL beta OS's for the 9530.... and other carriers have released OS updates, while Verizon hasn't... so isn't that a VERIZON issue?

Regardless, it makes Verizon look bad, and it makes their customers upset.... and I know not only my father, but other friends with Storm's on the Verizon network, are getting a little impatient. Luckily I have had MINIMAL issues with my Storm... but I have to take crap almost DAILY from friends with iPhones about how their device is superior.... while I am just waiting for updates that seem to never be coming..... (Unless I have a Storm on a different carrier. )

Third: I am glad Verizon takes security seriously... that's awesome. But, and yet again, why have other carriers been able to release updates? You can't tell me NO ONE at Verizon has a clue as to when the update is coming. I understand the average peon working at the store might not know... but, in my opinion, Verizon needs to relay update info to their customers better. If they are targeting April 24th (as I heard thru the grapevine) and there are problems... how bout just UPDATING everyone saying, hey, there were problems... new date is May 15th (or whatever it is.)

Sometimes a little info is better then nothing at all... isn't the Obama administration learning that now with their NYC skyline fly over?
    WOW! I agree with everything you say, I heard the rumor about april for release as well. When i get asked this I say I do not know and we are hoping soon. As in any company rumors run abound. THe april date I believe was a truth, but there was an issue found with hte OS and sent back to RIM once again.

So, at this point there is NO firm date for release. So bottom line until it actually shows on VZW's website - it is not released

VZW BB UPDATES
    05-01-09 09:46 AM
    WOW! I agree with everything you say, I heard the rumor about april for release as well. When i get asked this I say I do not know and we are hoping soon. As in any company rumors run abound. THe april date I believe was a truth, but there was an issue found with hte OS and sent back to RIM once again.

So, at this point there is NO firm date for release. So bottom line until it actually shows on VZW's website - it is not released

VZW BB UPDATES
    Well, thank you for the input.

Sorry if I sound like a j*rk... I am just frustrated.

I am a loyal Verizon customer (I even have them for home phone, TV and Internet with FiOS)

I just wish they would communicate a little more on whats going on... and RIM and/or Verizon would get a new release out soon... (Maybe May 4th.. my birthday! lol, yeah right)

Thanks again... I will continue to wait impatiently.
    05-01-09 10:16 AM
    Well, thank you for the input.

Sorry if I sound like a j*rk... I am just frustrated.

I am a loyal Verizon customer (I even have them for home phone, TV and Internet with FiOS)

I just wish they would communicate a little more on whats going on... and RIM and/or Verizon would get a new release out soon... (Maybe May 4th.. my birthday! lol, yeah right)

Thanks again... I will continue to wait impatiently.
    I can understand the frustration. Multiply by all the calls we get on it each day. hang in there it is coming soon sorry had to say that
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-01-09 at 11:09 AM.
    05-01-09 10:21 AM
    I don't get upset anymore. Now I think it is just too funny. I can't believe all of the false info that gets posted. We have some extremely bright individuals on this site that can can take a leaked version and make it work for the storm. Does it have some issues? Yes, just like the ones tested by Verizon. The best part is these brilliant people attempt to fix most of them immediately. So kick back and hang in there if you are not comfortable upgrading your phones. The certified version will get here when it gets here.
    05-01-09 10:30 AM
    NooB, It's gone again (it happened after a reboot). So I am getting the same message on "the camera not being able to open, close all applications and try again". Again other suggestions?
    Jesus H! This thing just won't go away now will it? LOL, sorry you are having such trouble with it. I suppose short of just taking it back to the retailer and saying, "hey...give me a new one already!", you COULD use DM to fully reinstall the OS, instead of just a wipe.

Just download the latest from your service provider's site and then use DM to update it. I think that might work, because mine always wants to reload it for some reason...probably because I'm running a beta OS though.

Good luck.
    05-01-09 11:48 AM
    Jesus H! This thing just won't go away now will it? LOL, sorry you are having such trouble with it. I suppose short of just taking it back to the retailer and saying, "hey...give me a new one already!", you COULD use DM to fully reinstall the OS, instead of just a wipe.

Just download the latest from your service provider's site and then use DM to update it. I think that might work, because mine always wants to reload it for some reason...probably because I'm running a beta OS though.

Good luck.
    Did that, went with the 141 and it worked for a while until the reboot 3 hours later. Does the 141 beta had anything to do with it? Should I downgrade it to 113 (official) and doing the steps you suggested before?
    By the way, how do I sync the BB Messenger contacts (you know, all the PINs) to the computer?
    Last edited by Marc-OG; 05-01-09 at 12:11 PM. Reason: More questions
    05-01-09 11:56 AM
    Did that, went with the 141 and it worked for a while until the reboot 3 hours later. Does the 141 beta had anything to do with it? Should I downgrade it to 113 (official) and doing the steps you suggested before?
    By the way, how do I sync the BB Messenger contacts (you know, all the PINs) to the computer?
    Well I haven't used that os before so I don't k ow if that's why you are having the problem or not. Weird that it works and then comes back. I've used .132 which I think is .131 for your device. I'm in awe of your patience with this. Hmm...why not give that os a shot. Wait until my next post. I need to see if there is another way to sync your messenger contacts without doing a backup.
    05-01-09 03:15 PM
    Well I haven't used that os before so I don't k ow if that's why you are having the problem or not. Weird that it works and then comes back. I've used .132 which I think is .131 for your device. I'm in awe of your patience with this. Hmm...why not give that os a shot. Wait until my next post. I need to see if there is another way to sync your messenger contacts without doing a backup.

As for the BBM contacts, they cannot be saved in traditional sync. They only get saved during a back up that I aware of.
    05-01-09 03:19 PM
    As for the BBM contacts, they cannot be saved in traditional sync. They only get saved during a back up that I aware of.
    Thanks. Yes. According to blackberry.com/btsc the only way these are backed up is with cabled "backup" or wirelessly when attached to BES.
    05-01-09 03:40 PM
    I called and told verizon global care that I am going to Italy so I need the unlock code in order to use a prepaid card for my international voice. The code he gave me was 2876511419750360. It worked and was very easy to get. Do not know if the code works on the 1st gen of the storm which was the 9500
    05-01-09 04:01 PM
    I am wondering if the Pearl flip is going to be released soon or if the Telus setback postponed the release? Approx date?
    Can this phone be used without a dat plan as well?
    05-01-09 04:47 PM
    I am wondering if the Pearl flip is going to be released soon or if the Telus setback postponed the release? Approx date?
    Can this phone be used without a dat plan as well?
    No one knows any release dates for devices, OS updates, or wether or not a set back on another carrier will affect the release for another carrier. Although I do TMO has had the flip now for awhile, oh yes, it is released already
    05-01-09 04:53 PM
    so verizon takes forever with everything then? storm os, releases, getting back to you (yeah right)
    Wish I had never switched from t-mobile
    05-01-09 04:59 PM
    so verizon takes forever with everything then? storm os, releases, getting back to you (yeah right)
    Wish I had never switched from t-mobile
    Devices are released when they are ready. OS are released when they aready both controlled by the manufacturer. As far as getting back to you is another story. This is in the direct control of a rep that promissed the call back. If one was promissed and not given, then I would call back and talk to supervisor. VZW takes this seriously and they will report it the direct supervisor of the rep that did not call you back and appropriate action will administored.

Also sorry for the sarcastic response, but if you use the search function, you will all these questions have already been answered time and time again.
    05-01-09 05:05 PM
    how much was termination agian lol
    05-01-09 05:06 PM
    I have had the no call back a couple times so maybe in a perfect world they do call back but here on earth yeah right lol
    05-01-09 05:10 PM
    I have had the no call back a couple times so maybe in a perfect world they do call back but here on earth yeah right lol
    Well as a rep - I will always call back - ALL calls are recorded in and out. If a rep cannot reach you they should leave a VM with a the 800 number and this can be proven if rep said they did and did not they will in deep pooop.
    05-01-09 05:13 PM
    how much is the termination of contract? I have almost a year left and have about had it with verizon!
    05-01-09 05:15 PM
    how much is the termination of contract? I have almost a year left and have about had it with verizon!
    What does your contract say?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 05:37 PM
    Call VZW and ask them - their billing system will tell them right away. They will tell you.

So you want to leave cause VZW has not released the device you want, they have not released an OS and a rep did not call you back? What else is causing you to want to leave?
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-01-09 at 05:43 PM.
    05-01-09 05:39 PM
5,111 ... 8485868788 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD