View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 8283848586 ...
tools
    I see where he got the number 50.

I just got my son's upgrade from Fedex. In the box is a "your guide" book. Under the data section VZW offers a 50MB for $39.99

It is MB not GB, very big difference

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 03:09 PM
    I see where he got the number 50.

I just got my son's upgrade from Fedex. In the box is a "your guide" book. Under the data section VZW offers a 50MB for $39.99

It is MB not GB, very big difference

A HUGE difference........
    04-27-09 04:54 PM
    And why pay for the 50MB, when you can get unlimted for $10 cheaper with BIS
    04-27-09 06:06 PM
    And why pay for the 50MB, when you can get unlimted for $10 cheaper with BIS
    that is not for BB that is for modems/air cards. This is for light user that only does email and light browsing
    04-27-09 06:52 PM
    Just got an ulocked Blackberry Storm off ebay. VZW says they can't activate it for my account because it is unlocked. They tried to lock it up under its number and it does not show up as ever being used. It does not show up on their screens at all. How do I get it back on the system.

Tim
    04-27-09 07:51 PM
    Take it to a store and get it flashed back to VZW.
    04-27-09 08:05 PM
    Take it to a store and get it flashed back to VZW.

They said that is not possible. They checked with a rep and they can't flash a phone. They also had an issue with not being able to verify the phones history.
    04-27-09 08:16 PM
    if they call into customer care the ESN can be verified. What city and state are you in? I can look it up on the coverage map and find you a store that might be able to.
    04-27-09 08:54 PM
    if they call into customer care the ESN can be verified. What city and state are you in? I can look it up on the coverage map and find you a store that might be able to.
    I live at 65037 and work at 65804. The phone is only a few months old. I am not sure it was unlocked. But the masin store in Springfield, MO said they could not find it or flash it.
    04-27-09 09:48 PM
    wow that sucks. I only found one store in the area on battlefield, which said they can't do it, meaning they don't have the proper machine for it.
    04-27-09 10:15 PM
    Can somone help me please? I have a Curve 8330 and I was wondering how much is verizons unlimited plan and does it include BES? I currently have a $39.99 plan with BES and $20 text messaging. I get 15% access discount and 20% feature discount. Should I keep my account the way it is or would the unlimited be a little cheaper?
    04-27-09 11:21 PM
    Can somone help me please? I have a Curve 8330 and I was wondering how much is verizons unlimited plan and does it include BES? I currently have a $39.99 plan with BES and $20 text messaging. I get 15% access discount and 20% feature discount. Should I keep my account the way it is or would the unlimited be a little cheaper?
    Unlimited minutes and texting and BES is $149.99 with no discount.

450 minutes with the BES and unlimited texting is $99.99 before your discount.

whatever you do, get unlimited text messaging. It will save you money since you have a discount.
    04-27-09 11:25 PM
    Unlimited minutes and texting and BES is $149.99 with no discount.

450 minutes with the BES and unlimited texting is $99.99 before your discount.

whatever you do, get unlimited text messaging. It will save you money since you have a discount.

Thanks!!
    04-27-09 11:27 PM
    dumb question...i cant send or get videos..i've tried everything..how do i fix this??
    04-28-09 12:21 AM
    Maybe been asked already, but im gonna ask again anyways.

Im intrigued by the Palm Pre to say the least, if i buy it full price and bring it over to VZW for activation would it be possible to have full features like web brosing through a data plan? (If not possible to answer at this time, give me something to relate to lol)
    04-28-09 12:38 AM
    dumb question...i cant send or get videos..i've tried everything..how do i fix this??
    try resending the service books, if that doesnt work, take it to a store and have someone look at it.

Maybe been asked already, but im gonna ask again anyways.

Im intrigued by the Palm Pre to say the least, if i buy it full price and bring it over to VZW for activation would it be possible to have full features like web brosing through a data plan? (If not possible to answer at this time, give me something to relate to lol)
    The Pre wont activate on Verizon without having the PRL's flashed in. I doubt it can be done on a palm pre. But if by some miracle it wasnt fried in the process, you wouldnt be able to get any data services except for text messages.
    04-28-09 10:48 AM
    Question (or two)! I've been researching this for the past hour and cannot seem to get the same answer (I've been on other BB sites too). If this has been asked a dozen times already, I apologize. There is a very real possibility that I wasn't searching correctly.

I currently have 450 minutes at $39.99. I have unlimited data ($29.99) but I do not have texting/picture messaging. With my old phone, I blocked them through security setting (an LG) and I was not charged for these blocked texts.

I do not want texting or pix messaging right now (I'm assuming this is SMS and MMS).

I clicked on SMS under Firewall, but did not have the firewall enabled. It seemed to still block the texts (it says I have 6 blocked texts), is this true? Or do I need to switch it to "enable" to get it to work?

My other question is, am I getting charged for these blocked texts? I went onto my account and the last one I received was 4/12 (I was charged for this, which is correct as I turned off my text blocking for awhile on my old handset).

I read a heap of different answers on another site. One said the only way not to get charged is to call Verizon and tell them to block everything as it "still went through the carrier, it was just blocked locally." Another said they were not getting charged by simply blocking SMS/MMS on their bb.

Thanks SO much for any advice. I'm learning a lot on this forum!
    04-28-09 03:11 PM
    you'll want to call and block messages to prevent charges. Itmight work to have the block in the phone only but calling will make sure.

04-28-09 03:30 PM
    Question (or two)! I've been researching this for the past hour and cannot seem to get the same answer (I've been on other BB sites too). If this has been asked a dozen times already, I apologize. There is a very real possibility that I wasn't searching correctly.

I currently have 450 minutes at $39.99. I have unlimited data ($29.99) but I do not have texting/picture messaging. With my old phone, I blocked them through security setting (an LG) and I was not charged for these blocked texts.

I do not want texting or pix messaging right now (I'm assuming this is SMS and MMS).

I clicked on SMS under Firewall, but did not have the firewall enabled. It seemed to still block the texts (it says I have 6 blocked texts), is this true? Or do I need to switch it to "enable" to get it to work?

My other question is, am I getting charged for these blocked texts? I went onto my account and the last one I received was 4/12 (I was charged for this, which is correct as I turned off my text blocking for awhile on my old handset).

I read a heap of different answers on another site. One said the only way not to get charged is to call Verizon and tell them to block everything as it "still went through the carrier, it was just blocked locally." Another said they were not getting charged by simply blocking SMS/MMS on their bb.

Thanks SO much for any advice. I'm learning a lot on this forum!
    If you want SMS and MMS truly blocked, call VZW and have them block it. That way you wont get charged. As of now, you will be charged because the text is still coming to your device.
    04-28-09 11:28 PM
    I'm thinking about buying a BlackBerry Curve 8330 and I was wondering whether or not I would be required to purchase the blackberry bundle (for data like email) along with the phone. Since I have no use for email on a phone and I really just want the Curve for PDA more or less.
    04-29-09 12:13 AM
    I'm thinking about buying a BlackBerry Curve 8330 and I was wondering whether or not I would be required to purchase the blackberry bundle (for data like email) along with the phone. Since I have no use for email on a phone and I really just want the Curve for PDA more or less.
    yes. $29.99 a month.
    04-29-09 12:14 AM
    :
    yes. $29.99 a month.

Darn, there's no way my husband'll let me purchase the Curve if there'll be extra tacted onto our plan. Kind of sad really I could benefit from a Curve considering on the things I've got going on right now.
    04-29-09 12:28 AM
    :

Darn, there's no way my husband'll let me purchase the Curve if there'll be extra tacted onto our plan. Kind of sad really I could benefit from a Curve considering on the things I've got going on right now.
    arent women the ones who are in charge?
    04-29-09 12:32 AM
    arent women the ones who are in charge?
    Sheesh I wish I'd have my way all the time.
    04-29-09 12:37 AM
    I need your advice.
    I have the Strom but lately I have been having camera problems. The camera used to work before but now it says "camera can not open, close other applications and try again". I have closed all apps but still get message. I also did a bat pull but same result. I downgraded the OS and it worked again for a while but when a bat pull was done, the message popped up again and now can't use the camera.
    I went to service it and the guy said the camera is faulty and needs to be changed but I don't think it is a hardware issue since after downgrading the OS the camera worked. So no camera changes yet.
    Any suggestions??
    04-29-09 09:51 AM
5,111 ... 8283848586 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD