View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 8182838485 ...
tools
    I have some lg phone with the all in plan, I'm going to switch my phone to a blackberry, and will I be able to use it and also will my unlimited mobile web work on it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    When you switch over to a blackberry you'll be moved to the select plan from the premium, and a data package called "Email and Web for Blackberry" added to your account, which will give you unlimited web and e-mail service on the device itself.
    04-25-09 04:51 PM
    The price difference that you were paying just conversation of the vcast v-pak that covered your mobile web was $15 per month. BB data plan is $29.99 per month
    04-25-09 05:00 PM
    Would you like to explain how Backup Assistant benefits smartphone users?

It may be free, but it isn't available for those of us using BlackBerrys.

If only blackberries had some sort of program you could install to your desktop to manage your data......

04-25-09 05:14 PM
    If only blackberries had some sort of program you could install to your desktop to manage your data......
    No kidding - that would sure make things so much better...
    04-25-09 10:22 PM

Bot to mention a lot of ppl just flat out lazy...when ordered the phone obline the activation instruction comes inside the box. All yoy have to do is dial the number then punch in order number last 4 of ssn..and it will activate. Instead tet come to the store..wait in line and guess what that esn is locked we still have to call ib same way you could do it from home. Hello?
    and then they say "I could have done that from home! Why did I wait so long??"

good question ...
    04-25-09 11:04 PM
    Not to mention now we're giving customers their own self-serve option of re-downloading their apps (from the last 90 days), games, and ring(back) tones with MyMediaRetrival for NO CHARGE. We give you Friends and Family for NO CHARGE.

What else can we give you for free today?
    04-26-09 01:27 AM
    Can any Verizon employee say unequivocally (sp?), without a doubt what unlimited data means with blackberry? I have seen two answers floating around. Is it only 5gb or is it completely unlimited?

The data usage FROM the handset is unlimited; if you are TETHERING with the device like an aircard, there is a 5GB limit for usage.
    04-26-09 11:51 AM
    No kidding - that would sure make things so much better...
    Even better not just a program to manage your data on your blackberry, but a program that will back up your device so if you loose it or what have you, you can pretty much make a clone of the device your replacing! Even how you have your sound profiles set........

Only in a perfect world.......
    04-26-09 12:57 PM
    Why doesn't Verizon allow GPS access to Google maps?
    04-26-09 02:01 PM
    Lastraid,
    I have a buddy that will be eligible for a upgrade with Alltel this coming week. He's definitely getting a BB but would like to get a Storm. Do you know when Verizon will start to bill Alltel customers? I've read online that Alltel customers are not Verizon customers until they are officially billed by Verizon. Just hoping you can shed some light, thanks.
    Brad
    04-26-09 03:24 PM
    Why doesn't Verizon allow GPS access to Google maps?
    Mainly, as it was explained to me, their software does not meet VZW security concerns
    04-26-09 04:55 PM
    Lastraid,
    I have a buddy that will be eligible for a upgrade with Alltel this coming week. He's definitely getting a BB but would like to get a Storm. Do you know when Verizon will start to bill Alltel customers? I've read online that Alltel customers are not Verizon customers until they are officially billed by Verizon. Just hoping you can shed some light, thanks.
    Brad
    From what I understand the billing conversion will be in september. I also saw today that some mailings have gone to certain alltel customers stating something about porting over VZW. I do not hahve that info at hand right now.
    04-26-09 04:57 PM
    From what I understand the billing conversion will be in september. I also saw today that some mailings have gone to certain alltel customers stating something about porting over VZW. I do not hahve that info at hand right now.
    It's possible for Alltel custies with 4 months or less left on contracts to port their current Alltel number with no ETF and get a new VZW account in some areas - one would need to go to a VZW store to check eligibility.
    04-26-09 06:55 PM
    It's possible for Alltel custies with 4 months or less left on contracts to port their current Alltel number with no ETF and get a new VZW account in some areas - one would need to go to a VZW store to check eligibility.
    I agree, but there are letters going out as well
    04-26-09 07:20 PM
    wait can u answer questions about the blackberry niagara/tour 9630?????
    whens it coming out?
    its obvs not coming out in may cause it would have been up at blackberry.com
    but is it before the summer? and when i say summer I mean july/august?
    04-26-09 07:25 PM
    nobody knows. stop asking.
    04-26-09 07:54 PM
    wait can u answer questions about the blackberry niagara/tour 9630?????
    whens it coming out?
    its obvs not coming out in may cause it would have been up at blackberry.com
    but is it before the summer? and when i say summer I mean july/august?

Its absolutely coming before summer of 2015. Anyone that says they know an absolute date is flat out lying.

04-26-09 10:11 PM
    We are switching some lines back to VZW (yay!) and my broadband access is one of them. I still have my (VZW) UM150 that I can just activate on a new line or I can get the UM175.

My questions is, which is the better option?
    Last edited by aayers; 04-27-09 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Added VZW to UM150
    04-27-09 10:16 AM
    It's not available for smartphones because they don't have Get it Now, and backup assistant is required that to run. Plus you can back it up yourself on your own computer anyway. Or Google Sync is another alternate backup assistant I would say for PDA phones.
    Then you might be more careful in your responses - your original comment, as well as your original response to me (now deleted/edited) claimed it was available. I don't work for VZW, yet I know these things. With you coming in here posting en masse, representing yourself as a VZW employee, people deserve accurate information.
    We are switching some lines back to VZW (yay!) and my broadband access is one of them. I still have my UM150 that I can just activate on a new line or I can get the UM175.

My questions is, which is the better option?
    If the UM150 was originally VZW, you can use it again. The UM175, in my mind, isn't as versatile, as it lacks a microSD port or external antenna connectivity. If these things are of no concern, it is a strong performer.

04-27-09 11:00 AM
    I downloaded google talk on my Curve 8330. I have the unlimited data plan, but I do not have unlimited text messaging.

My question is if I will get charged for using google talk?
    That is, is google talk (or any other IM program) charged as a text message? Is it charged as another type of message that will incur a charge?

Thanks
    B
    04-27-09 11:11 AM
    I downloaded google talk on my Curve 8330. I have the unlimited data plan, but I do not have unlimited text messaging.

My question is if I will get charged for using google talk?
    That is, is google talk (or any other IM program) charged as a text message? Is it charged as another type of message that will incur a charge?

Thanks
    B
    No- GoogleTalk uses data.

04-27-09 11:39 AM
    Thanks so much. What IM programs don't use data? And does it matter where/how you download the program?
    B
    04-27-09 11:43 AM
    The data usage FROM the handset is unlimited; if you are TETHERING with the device like an aircard, there is a 5GB limit for usage.
    I have been paying the extra 30.00 a month to use my blackberry tethered as a modem, and when I signed up it said that it was 50GB limit. I did look at the aircard plans, and the smaller package was 5GB, but when I tether the limit is 50GB (still unlimited from the handset when not tethered).
    04-27-09 12:59 PM
    I have been paying the extra 30.00 a month to use my blackberry tethered as a modem, and when I signed up it said that it was 50GB limit. I did look at the aircard plans, and the smaller package was 5GB, but when I tether the limit is 50GB (still unlimited from the handset when not tethered).

Straight from the VZW website;

Mobile Broadband Connect Features
    (NationalAccess service included)

Required Equipment With a Mobile Broadband Connect-capable smartphone or BlackBerry device
    With a Mobile Broadband Connect-capable handset
    Monthly Access Fee $15
    With Nationwide Email or Unlimited Data Feature added to an eligible calling plan

$30
    With unlimited VZEmail plan or Web and Email for BlackBerry plan or feature
    $59.99
    With any Mobile Broadband Connect-capable handset and qualifying voice calling plan

Monthly Allowance 5 GB (5,120 MB)
    5 GB (5,120 MB)
    5 GB (5,120 MB)

Per MB Rate After
    Allowance $0.25
    $0.25
    $0.25
    04-27-09 01:27 PM
    I tether as well and only have a 5gb cap. Where does it tell you 5gb?

04-27-09 01:32 PM
5,111 ... 8182838485 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD