View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 8081828384 ...
tools
    I hope all you people here who work for Verizon hate your jobs. Because if VZW finds out you're "representing" them in an internet discussion forum, then I'm afraid your jobs will be no more. Oh and in regards to having to be in a VIP club to get "phonebook transfer fee waive." Wow. Talk about horse sh*t. What better way to bring in new customers than to tell them, "You're new, so if you'd like to take your phone book out of your *insert carrier* phone, it's gonna cost you." Pathetic.
    Maybe if you're worried about the $10 for the phonebook transfer fee, you may want to look elsewhere for wireless service... Do you think a new customer should recieve better incentives than someone that has been a loyal customer that has bills over $85 a month for over a year period? So, if you've been a customer for US Cellular for 2 or 3 years, and you go to a store, and you're waiting in line to upgrade your phone... The person in front of you is a new customer, and also wants the same phone as you. The rep tells them, hey since you're a new customer, you get this phone for free. The new customer walks out happy. Now it's your turn, you pick the same phone, and the rep tells you it's going to be $10 for the new phone. Are you going to be singing the same tune? You wouldn't be upset that someone with no credability, no way of knowing they're even going to pay their bill, hasn't spent one dime for US Cellular would get a better deal than you? A long time, loyal customer that pays his bill on time for the past few years... You're point of view is an interesting one.
    04-24-09 06:06 PM
    Maybe if you're worried about the $10 for the phonebook transfer fee, you may want to look elsewhere for wireless service... Do you think a new customer should recieve better incentives than someone that has been a loyal customer that has bills over $85 a month for over a year period? So, if you've been a customer for US Cellular for 2 or 3 years, and you go to a store, and you're waiting in line to upgrade your phone... The person in front of you is a new customer, and also wants the same phone as you. The rep tells them, hey since you're a new customer, you get this phone for free. The new customer walks out happy. Now it's your turn, you pick the same phone, and the rep tells you it's going to be $10 for the new phone. Are you going to be singing the same tune? You wouldn't be upset that someone with no credability, no way of knowing they're even going to pay their bill, hasn't spent one dime for US Cellular would get a better deal than you? A long time, loyal customer that pays his bill on time for the past few years... You're point of view is an interesting one.
    Treat every customer the same, man. That's all I'm saying. I'm not talking about incentives on subsidized equipment either...I'm talking about a service that is provided. I would be singing a very off key tune if anyone tried to penalize me for being a new customer. Honestly....a phone book transfer takes all of 2 minutes give or take, and a damn machine does the work! 10 bucks for that?!?!
    04-24-09 06:10 PM
    How do I wipe clean my curve
    04-24-09 06:12 PM
    Clean, micro fiber towel....no but really though, there is a handset wipe option in the options/security options. Once you're there, hit your app button and select wipe. Sorry Iastraid, didn't mean to take that one for ya!

And honestly, I'm not here to s on Verizon...I just thought that was absurd that they charge for that phonebook swap service until you've spent enough money in their eyes. Oh well.
    04-24-09 06:17 PM
    Treat every customer the same, man. That's all I'm saying. I'm not talking about incentives on subsidized equipment either...I'm talking about a service that is provided. I would be singing a very off key tune if anyone tried to penalize me for being a new customer.
    It's not that you're being penalized for being a new customer. There are tons of customers that aren't VIP's, they would also have to pay for an address book transfer. That's not part of your service agreement, it's a nice service that the stores provide people so they don't have to type out all of their numbers one by one.

And some customers, that pay a lot of money every month on their bills after a while, become part of the VIP program, to keep them paying more money... It's just like anything else. You go to Bestbuy and spend lots of money each month using a rewards zone card, you get free money, better discounts towards merchandise. You go to Dicks Sporting Goods, they do the same thing, you spend a certain amount each month, they send you coupons, like $20 off of a $100 purchase... There's always going to be incentives to people that pay more to keep them happy and to keep them paying. People that pay less, are good customers too, and some are loyal, and in those cases, exceptions can be made. But for a new customer to get the same incentives as a person that has 5 lines on their family share and spends over $200 a month, is just never going to happen. They should be treated the same ( same tone, same will to help, same "you are the most important part of Verizon Wireless" attitude ). But, that's just me and my opinion. Everyone has one, and I do respect yours. ( the world would be a better place )
    04-24-09 06:22 PM
    And honestly, I'm not here to s on Verizon...I just thought that was absurd that they charge for that phonebook swap service until you've spent enough money in their eyes. Oh well.
    It sounds that way - but in reality (at least here) they don't charge it when you buy a phone from VZW. Where they do levy it is with the eBay/Craigslist/BestBuy/Etc phones. Too many people clogging the techs with transfer requests on phones they bought elsewhere - some as often as once a month or more, from buying/trading/selling devices.

If the post the charge, then don't charge you, you're happy. If they don't post it, they can't charge anyone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 06:55 PM
    Looks like VZW pi$$ed in someone Wheaties.
    04-24-09 07:20 PM
    Ok ill give that a try. Thanks
    04-24-09 07:42 PM
    Interesting, I have not heard yet. Just a couple of days ago, I was told my my sup that we have the 30 day lea way to do those upgrades. Different rules for differnet centers I guess.

I can change dates, but equipment discounts and more than usual things do need approval.
    I can't change anything without approval, and I'm a tech rep lol... gotta get a supervisor to approve it.
    04-24-09 07:43 PM
    Treat every customer the same, man. That's all I'm saying. I'm not talking about incentives on subsidized equipment either...I'm talking about a service that is provided. I would be singing a very off key tune if anyone tried to penalize me for being a new customer. Honestly....a phone book transfer takes all of 2 minutes give or take, and a damn machine does the work! 10 bucks for that?!?!
    Cool Save the $10 bucks and enter them manually. I bet if you really nice and asked nicely, they would waive the fee. I have seen this numerous times.
    04-24-09 08:07 PM
    I can't change anything without approval, and I'm a tech rep lol... gotta get a supervisor to approve it.
    Let me clarify a bit here. I can change it, I still would get a backing on it. CYA move is all. Although I upgrade customers if they are with in 30 days of the upgrade. This i can do without changing any dates or Sup approval
    04-24-09 08:10 PM
    Let me clarify a bit here. I can change it, I still would get a backing on it. CYA move is all. Although I upgrade customers if they are with in 30 days of the upgrade. This i can do without changing any dates or Sup approval
    Heh, how do you pull that off? If they're not eligible for their upgrade, the only way to upgrade is to get the dates changed or M2 ( or other exception ), which requires supervisor approval ( now it's associate director approval ).
    04-24-09 08:30 PM
    It sounds that way - but in reality (at least here) they don't charge it when you buy a phone from VZW. Where they do levy it is with the eBay/Craigslist/BestBuy/Etc phones. Too many people clogging the techs with transfer requests on phones they bought elsewhere - some as often as once a month or more, from buying/trading/selling devices.

If the post the charge, then don't charge you, you're happy. If they don't post it, they can't charge anyone.

Well, again, I'm not here to outright dump on VZW. And yes, I absolutely understand about the value of spending more money with someone to get a better deal on something later. Not in your post Twins, paraphrasing from another one. I just don't think that a ridiculously simple service like a free phonebook swap shouldn't be something you have to spend extra money to achieve. That's all. Customers will remember the little things, and someone may not take the time and energy to ****, moan, and complain enough to get the service comped. And I will just ask those loyal VZW customers here, and the employees here; Don't you think that should be free?
    04-24-09 08:31 PM
    Where they do levy it is with the eBay/Craigslist/BestBuy/Etc phones. Too many people clogging the techs with transfer requests on phones they bought elsewhere - some as often as once a month or more, from buying/trading/selling devices.
    This actually makes fine sense, and I don't disagree with it in the least.
    04-24-09 08:37 PM
    Heh, how do you pull that off? If they're not eligible for their upgrade, the only way to upgrade is to get the dates changed or M2 ( or other exception ), which requires supervisor approval ( now it's associate director approval ).
    I have special privialges - Stems from when I was OPS team working with NRB
    04-24-09 08:38 PM
    Cool Save the $10 bucks and enter them manually. I bet if you really nice and asked nicely, they would waive the fee. I have seen this numerous times.
    I'd actually rather pay the $10 to have a VZW employee do it manually!
    04-24-09 08:40 PM
    I have special privialges - Stems from when I was OPS team working with NRB
    Oh, I see

I'd actually rather pay the $10 to have a VZW employee do it manually!
    Hahaha, I'd pay $10 to see that. Especially one of those people that have like 900 contacts with addresses and birthdays.
    04-24-09 08:42 PM
    direct stores can assist you
    04-24-09 08:43 PM
    direct stores can assist with software updates
    04-24-09 08:48 PM
    Most will not - they generally are not equipped to do this. if you get a store rep that either has their own computer or you bring you own, they will might help on advanced devices. Yes for regular phones they can flash firmware on those.
    04-24-09 08:58 PM
    In store do NOT perform software upgrades on PDA/Smart phones. You must do that from your end (Storm has OTA option once available) otherwise you usually just download the upgrade OS and load it via the appropriate software provided with your phone. Typically, you will need a USB cable to sync with your computer to do this task.

For regular phones, yes they do have computer in store to flash your firmware for no charge. It usually takes 30-45 mins depends on your phone and the amount of phones in the store.
    04-24-09 10:22 PM
    Go to Options
    go to Security Options'Go to General Settings
    Hit Blackberry menu button and select Wipe Handheld
    type "Blackberry" to continue and it will restore everything back to manufacture settings.

Good luck
    04-24-09 10:26 PM
    Well, again, I'm not here to outright dump on VZW. And yes, I absolutely understand about the value of spending more money with someone to get a better deal on something later. Not in your post Twins, paraphrasing from another one. I just don't think that a ridiculously simple service like a free phonebook swap shouldn't be something you have to spend extra money to achieve. That's all. Customers will remember the little things, and someone may not take the time and energy to ****, moan, and complain enough to get the service comped. And I will just ask those loyal VZW customers here, and the employees here; Don't you think that should be free?
    You may think that it is something "simple" and it should be free, but do you know how many people come into the store everyday wanting that "simple" thing. I could stand there all day long doing nothing but phonebook transfers....and that doesn't even count the people who want their pictures transferred too since they don't want to spend the money on a memory card. It takes time to transfer data from one phone to another and as they say "time is money". I'm sure you would agree that your time is valuable. Well, that salesperson's time is valuable too as is the time of all those customers waiting in line behind you.

Customers come into the store everyday and want everything for free. Free accessories, free phones, free service. I hate to disappoint you, but VZW (just like most other businesses) is a for-profit company. Welcome to reality.
    04-24-09 10:40 PM
    On top of that backup assistant is free when ur registered for myverizon. Its a small application that will backup ur phonebook to the network daily just in case u lost ur phone or damaged u could restore it back over the air in seconds.
    Would you like to explain how Backup Assistant benefits smartphone users?

It may be free, but it isn't available for those of us using BlackBerrys.

04-25-09 03:22 PM
    I have some lg phone with the all in plan, I'm going to switch my phone to a blackberry, and will I be able to use it and also will my unlimited mobile web work on it?

04-25-09 04:49 PM
5,111 ... 8081828384 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD