View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 7980818283 ...
tools
    Its simple - and I can say this because I don't work for VZW - but they do it because they hate you.

Seriously, though - the debate & the troublemakers don't need to be in this thread. Read the following links - they go into all of the details and all of the irrational whines.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/cla...ocking-100127/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/gps-question-211114/

Then go out & cough up the money for a real GPS unit. The phone based ones are trash and for poseurs - plus anyone dumb enough to want a two-way radio with full on, network assisted GPS capability... well, let's not go there, as this is a family site.
    04-24-09 03:37 AM
    Amusick:

hello my vzw friend ,

let me join this journey and give you a hand to help with any questions, problems, concerns that you might have with you vzw account/service. I'll try my best within my ability to help, answer & advise you regarding for service.

You can just call me TNO and I work for VZW.
    Hey TNO welcome aboard. Are you CS, Sales, or Tech?
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-24-09 at 12:51 PM.
    04-24-09 08:23 AM
    I hope this answer isn't answered in several other threads...I just couldn't find it. So, in anticipation of the Niagara/Tour 9630 I would like to buy a cheap BB (curve, pearl, etc) on Ebay for fun and to get used to the whole BB expirience. Plus, I still have a cheesy EnV2, and I'd like to get rid of it.
    So say I get a curve with a EIN that's in use or bad...is there anyway to fix that?
    Is it simply better to look for a phone with a clear EIN?
    Silly questions, perhaps, but hey, I'm still new here.
    Thanks a lot, kiddos!
    04-24-09 11:38 AM
    I hope this answer isn't answered in several other threads...I just couldn't find it. So, in anticipation of the Niagara/Tour 9630 I would like to buy a cheap BB (curve, pearl, etc) on Ebay for fun and to get used to the whole BB expirience. Plus, I still have a cheesy EnV2, and I'd like to get rid of it.
    So say I get a curve with a EIN that's in use or bad...is there anyway to fix that?
    Is it simply better to look for a phone with a clear EIN?
    Silly questions, perhaps, but hey, I'm still new here.
    Thanks a lot, kiddos!
    Ask the seller for the ESN number and call VZW- they will tell you if it is clean or not. Also make sure the seller has pin number cleared for email use
    04-24-09 11:42 AM
    oooops ESN
    04-24-09 12:26 PM
    Ok...here we go....my curve keeps dropping calls. Did the *228 solution. Reset my curve...still dropped. Wiped everything from my handset...still dropped. I was in a four bar service area outside. VZW says they can't do it because it is still within "acceptible parameters"....whole reason I switched to VZW from sprint was so this wouldn't happen....and now its happening more than when I was on sprint....any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 12:54 PM
    FOr the next couple of days, every time you drop a call, dial 888 after each call. Then call back and they will see the 888 after each dropprd call. This will also help network see what is happeneing. INSIST you talk to a tech rep. If have been INSIST that a trouble ticket be done.

Also let them know if this in one location or everywhere.

They will send a tower tech to the area to inspect the towers and signal in your area. This will give a better idea of what is going on.

Make sure when they do a ticket, they give you the ticket number. If they have to send out system perfomance, this can take some time. If not and they have data for your area already, it should only take 2-3 days for an answer.

Thsy can also tell if it is a device and if eligable, VZW will replace it
    04-24-09 01:00 PM
    Quick question on upgrading my phones. My wife and i are due for upgrades the 15th of may and are wanting to get into the storm on the bogo sale. Is this at all possible. I went in to the local vzw and they told us that we had to wait and there was no way arround it. Any ideas?? thanks
    Also any one know how long the bogo is on for??
    04-24-09 01:51 PM
    Quick question on upgrading my phones. My wife and i are due for upgrades the 15th of may and are wanting to get into the storm on the bogo sale. Is this at all possible. I went in to the local vzw and they told us that we had to wait and there was no way arround it. Any ideas?? thanks
    Also any one know how long the bogo is on for??
    If you are within 30 days of your upgrade, call VZW CS they will make it happen - 800-922-0204
    04-24-09 02:49 PM
    If you are within 30 days of your upgrade, call VZW CS they will make it happen - 800-922-0204
    I've been told they're cutting down on equipment discounting and pushing forward upgrade dates... Upgrade dates and extra equipment discounts have to be approved at the associate director level now... I was told if it's more than 7 days out, it's not going to get changed. But, you know as well as I do, that under certain circumstances and situations, there are a few supervisors that may change the eligible upgrade dates....
    04-24-09 06:17 PM
    It really depends on the reps position. I can change upgrade, NE2 and contract dates but have to get equipment discounts approved.

04-24-09 06:23 PM
    It really depends on the reps position. I can change upgrade, NE2 and contract dates but have to get equipment discounts approved.

What kind of rep are you? I am good friends with a customer service coordinator, who didn't have the power to change any of those dates, and when she recently became a supervisor, it took a month before she was able to.
    04-24-09 06:25 PM

Interesting, I have not heard yet. Just a couple of days ago, I was told my my sup that we have the 30 day lea way to do those upgrades. Different rules for differnet centers I guess.

I can change dates, but equipment discounts and more than usual things do need approval.
    04-24-09 06:31 PM
    Interesting, I have not heard yet. Just a couple of days ago, I was told my my sup that we have the 30 day lea way to do those upgrades. Different rules for differnet centers I guess.

I can change dates, but equipment discounts and more than usual things do need approval.
    I thought you were tech support? Coordinator I or II? Why would tech support be able to change dates, but not customer service coordinator?
    04-24-09 06:34 PM
    What kind of rep are you? I am good friends with a customer service coordinator, who didn't have the power to change any of those dates, and when she recently became a supervisor, it took a month before she was able to.
    A small group that eventually reports to Diana Zaccardi.... I'd rather not be more specific.

04-24-09 06:36 PM
    I thought you were tech support? Coordinator I or II? Why would tech support be able to change dates, but not customer service coordinator?
    MAKES REALLY SENSE 2 ME! HMMMMM...
    04-24-09 06:36 PM
    A small group that eventually reports to Diana Zaccardi.... I'd rather not be more specific.

Hehehe, ok, no biggie.
    04-24-09 06:38 PM
    I am a Coordinator that is special Use to sweeter back in the day when WDTS was around, but life goes on
    04-24-09 06:42 PM
    No, not anytime soon because all wireless (or at least most wireless cellphone carriers) they do not make much or any money at all from Voice service. They generate their profits from data, downloads and such. So it'd be hard to see they cut into their own pocket at the moment.
    LOL! Fresh out of training & unable to discern between reality & the newbie line of BS?

Try gross profit margin of 7:1 to 8:1 across all carriers for voice minutes alone and only half as much on data services.

The really high-profit items are things like kid monitors & text messaging. Low to no profit items are subsidized devices.

Carriers could cut smartphone data charges in half, BlackBerry data plans by 33% and drop texting charges altogether & still make a profit.

04-24-09 06:43 PM
    I hope all you people here who work for Verizon hate your jobs. Because if VZW finds out you're "representing" them in an internet discussion forum, then I'm afraid your jobs will be no more. Oh and in regards to having to be in a VIP club to get "phonebook transfer fee waive." Wow. Talk about horse sh*t. What better way to bring in new customers than to tell them, "You're new, so if you'd like to take your phone book out of your *insert carrier* phone, it's gonna cost you." Pathetic.
    04-24-09 06:43 PM
    I hope all you people here who work for Verizon hate your jobs. Because if VZW finds out you're "representing" them in an internet discussion forum, then I'm afraid your jobs will be no more. Oh and in regards to having to be in a VIP club to get "phonebook transfer fee waive." Wow. Talk about horse sh*t. What better way to bring in new customers than to tell them, "You're new, so if you'd like to take your phone book out of your *insert carrier* phone, it's gonna cost you." Pathetic.
    Actually you would get more than that as a VIP. Believe me VZW knows what we are doing. I act no differently here than on my job and hold up company standards with the exception of one thing, I say things here that I cannot say on the job. Lets me vent.

Thanks for the conern, but we have it handled.

Have a nice day and thank you for being the best part of VZW
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-24-09 at 06:53 PM.
    04-24-09 06:48 PM
    We actually you would get more than that. Believe me VZW knows what we are doing. I act no differently here that on my job and hold up company standards, with the exception of one thing, I say to here that I cannot say on the job. Lets me vent.

Thanks for the conern, but we have it handled.

Have a nice day and thank you for being the best part of VZW

Yeah.....whatever you say, buddy. And if I'm the best part of VZW, then the rest of it must be in serious trouble!
    04-24-09 06:51 PM
    Yeah.....whatever you say, buddy. And if I'm the best part of VZW, then the rest of it must be in serious trouble!
    OIC you are with US cellular, hmm I think (now do not quote on this) that they maybe the acquisition by VZW.
    04-24-09 06:54 PM
    OIC you are with US cellular, hmm I think (now do not quote on this) that they maybe the acquisition by VZW.

Sadly, that will probably happen.
    04-24-09 06:59 PM
    I hope all you people here who work for Verizon hate your jobs. Because if VZW finds out you're "representing" them in an internet discussion forum, then I'm afraid your jobs will be no more.
    Most of them post here from work - and their every keystroke is recorded & archived.

Then they go home & do it some more.

What sick puppies, they are.

04-24-09 07:04 PM
5,111 ... 7980818283 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD