View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 7879808182 ...
tools
    Um, thanks. Any solutions?
    04-23-09 07:41 AM
    John, there are no solutions for getting the emails you have sent on your computer in this set up in your blackberry. Yahoo for buisness does not work in this manner. In order for it to work the way you want it to, your company will have to change to Lotus Notes, Novell Groupwise or Microsoft Exchange, then install a Blackberry Enterprise Serve (BES) on the mail system and go from there. Sorry, but that really is the only solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 08:50 AM
    Thanks for the answer to my prior question. I am now considering 2 plan options

1 Basic 450 voice for my wife (which should meet her needs) @$40
    BB 1350 email + messaging @ 130 for me

2. Basic family voice 2100 @ 110 + $30 data packages for each line

Option 2 looks like a no brainer unless I am missing something -- which I probably am.

Also, I dont see to $29.95 data plan on the web site but I assume its available if you ask for it.

Thanks
    04-23-09 09:52 AM
    Thanks for the answer to my prior question. I am now considering 2 plan options

1 Basic 450 voice for my wife (which should meet her needs) @$40
    BB 1350 email + messaging @ 130 for me

2. Basic family voice 2100 @ 110 + $30 data packages for each line

Option 2 looks like a no brainer unless I am missing something -- which I probably am.

Also, I dont see to $29.95 data plan on the web site but I assume its available if you ask for it.

Thanks
    04-23-09 10:01 AM
    I don't see any mention of a text plan in option 2.

04-23-09 10:38 AM
    Thanks, So, is the difference is that the "data" plan includes internet access and email, but not texting? Then if I can live without texting option 2 works. If I want texting would I add it by upgrading to the select family plan which would increase the cost by 20 per mo, true?

One additional reason for option 2 over option 1, with or without texting is getting a second smart phone free for my wife -- primarily in lieu of getting an ipod. Even though she may not be interested in many of the features now she may eventually regret being stuck with a dumb phone for 2 yrs if we go for option 1.

I appreciate the guidance.
    04-23-09 11:19 AM
    Will the 8230 from Altell work with Verizon since it is CDMA?
    04-23-09 12:38 PM
    Will the 8230 from Altell work with Verizon since it is CDMA?
    Simple answer, no. Complicated answer...would take too long to actually go through.
    04-23-09 02:04 PM
    Can I take my 8330 into the service dept and have them update my OS?
    04-23-09 02:45 PM
    no, you update your OS through the Blackberry Desktop manager applicatoin loader.
    04-23-09 02:48 PM
    when will verizon release this bad boy 8230?
    04-23-09 03:32 PM
    Thanks, So, is the difference is that the "data" plan includes internet access and email, but not texting? Then if I can live without texting option 2 works. If I want texting would I add it by upgrading to the select family plan which would increase the cost by 20 per mo, true?

One additional reason for option 2 over option 1, with or without texting is getting a second smart phone free for my wife -- primarily in lieu of getting an ipod. Even though she may not be interested in many of the features now she may eventually regret being stuck with a dumb phone for 2 yrs if we go for option 1.

I appreciate the guidance.
    Let's use the 450 minute plan as a guide.

For all phones, the apx rate is as follows:

BASIC No texting; 39.99
    SELECT Unlimited Text: 59.99
    PREMIUM Unlimited text/data/email: 79.99

All three are available on a dumbphone, but only BASIC & SELECT are available on a smartphone, since smartphones require a different data plan. You don't want to pay twice for data access, as the data for dumbphones isn't as capable as it is for smartphones.

What you're looking at is an extra $20 data charge for dumbphones on a package plan (includes VZNavigator) that is limited on features and $30 for full-featured smartphone data access.

The online ordering may not be clear - go ahead & order your phones, then soon after you get them, call 611 & let them correct any problems.

As for text if you don't expect thousands of texts per month, look at a lower text addon plan. The $5 plan is a straight 250 texts in & out, while the higher plans also include unlimited in-network texts. I probably do 2000 per month, but since most are to/from other VZW lines, I see maybe 300 billable.

As for the question on the Alltel phone above, yes, it will work if you're moving from within a non-divested Alltel area.

04-23-09 03:34 PM
    TwinsX2Dad,

Thanks, that helps a lot. I plan to go to the Verizon store but it helps to what the options really are and what I'm talking about with the sales rep.
    04-23-09 03:51 PM
    Not a Verizon rep so I hope this goes thru.

TwinsX2Dad,

Thanks, that helps a lot. I plan to go to the Verizon store but it helps to what the options really are and what I'm talking about with the sales rep.
    As "Dad" said (I think), figure out how many minutes you'll need, then get the appropriate minutes plan, either in single or family. Then think of your texting needs remembering that on most text plans texts to or from other Verizon Wireless phones are included. If you get a lot of sports results or financial quotes thru text you might need a little more than others. Throw in the $30 data plan per BB and you're set. Then watch your usage and adjust as needed.

04-23-09 03:58 PM
    Simple answer, no. Complicated answer...would take too long to actually go through.
    Not true. If it were, someone needs to explain to me how I pay my bill to Verizon, but my Curve is a titanium model, complete with an Alltel logo below the keys.

Some people don't care what is right or wrong as long as they can say they are helping people.

04-23-09 04:02 PM
    Tither vs aircard
    Your opinion please which is better?
    04-23-09 04:23 PM
    Not true. If it were, someone needs to explain to me how I pay my bill to Verizon, but my Curve is a titanium model, complete with an Alltel logo below the keys.

Some people don't care what is right or wrong as long as they can say they are helping people.

Care to elaborate on how you do it then instead of just saying it is possible?

04-23-09 04:52 PM
    Stores for the most part not able to update advanced device OS's
    04-23-09 04:55 PM
    when will verizon release this bad boy 8230?
    Will not be today or tomorrow.
    04-23-09 04:56 PM
    Tither vs aircard
    Your opinion please which is better?
    Depends on your needs. In the long run the cost of tethering your BB is cheaper than an aicrad/modem.
    04-23-09 04:59 PM
    blackberries are not compatible w/ the premium plan if they are the primary line on an acct.
    04-23-09 05:26 PM
    Care to elaborate on how you do it then instead of just saying it is possible?

It was very simple. Had an Alltel account and a Verizon account. I used to spend a lot of time in an area that had pretty much only Alltel service. Closed the Alltel account Then tried the POS Storm to replace a boken Verizon Curve and couldn't stand it. Touchscreen wouldn't work half the time on half the screen and the lag was crazy. So I took it back. The store was out of replacements and asked what I was going to do for a phone on that line. Told him I had a nearly new Alltel curve that I paid full retail for and they activated it. I have called 611 and had a rep tell me she liked the titanium Alltel Curves better that the silver Verizon ones, so there must not be any prohibition on it.

When I tried a second Storm thru 611 and that one acted up too, I boxed it up, dialed *228 and reactivated the Alltel Curve.

It is really easy to do and I know of other Alltel people who have moved their phones to Verizon. It doesn't require CB hack advice or any workarounds. I asked and received. Verizon owns Alltel so why wouldn't they do it? What about the Alltel people being migrated to Verizon? You don't think they all were forced to buy new Verizon phones do you?

04-23-09 06:06 PM
    Im sure this has been asked, but I searched a few recent pages and havent seen anything.
    I heard the bold isn't coming to verizon as rumored. Is this true?
    If so, when will the next non-touch/non-suretype bb come to verizon? (ie not storm/pearl etc)
    04-23-09 09:43 PM
    I wouldn't think so. However, I don't know for sure because I haven't heard from one yet. I know we provided Unicel customers with phones.
    04-23-09 09:45 PM
    Whay does Verizon lock their GPS, all other Carriers keep it unlocked. I allready pay big money for my plan, [I] dont want to spend the extra 10 for GPS access that I will ony use once a month. I feel that I always get shafted with Verizon, I have been a customer for 10 years. I really have had it. (Please do not give the standard answer: "Becuase Verizon does not have 3rd party agreements, etc..."
    04-24-09 01:17 AM
5,111 ... 7879808182 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD