View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Could you clarify how new every two works. I know that you get $100 towards a phone but do you get the phone at the discounted price or full retail. For example, suppose I have my new every two credit, my contract is up (but I'm willing to sign on for another two years) and I want to buy a Curve. I am getting $100 towards $429.99 or the two-year contract price of $169.99?
    Now days its up too 100 off depending on priceplan. The way it works is..if you're eligible for the 100 NE2..if the phone on the 2 year price is 159.99 or higher you get the full 100. If the phone is less than that it will be discounted to make it free after the mail in rebate

In your case with the curve..being that the phone is 169.99 with a 70 MIR you will get the full 100 off bringing the price down to 70 plus taxes out the door with the 70 MIR..thus taxes only after the rebate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 03:09 PM
    Does anyone know the ETA for v4.5 on the 8330? What's the hold up?
    09-30-08 04:34 PM
    Does anyone know the ETA for v4.5 on the 8330? What's the hold up?
    Even us insiders do not have know a release date, what the hod up is. It will be released when it is ready. THat is the best we can offer
    09-30-08 05:02 PM
    Could you clarify how new every two works. I know that you get $100 towards a phone but do you get the phone at the discounted price or full retail. For example, suppose I have my new every two credit, my contract is up (but I'm willing to sign on for another two years) and I want to buy a Curve. I am getting $100 towards $429.99 or the two-year contract price of $169.99?
    Just to piggyback...If you purchase the curve online via my verizon, you'll get the $70 rebate instatly instead of having to mail it in. So if you are ne2 eligible with a $100 credit, you'll get the curve free online.
    10-01-08 07:52 PM
    First off, I think it's ridiculous that VZ locks the use of the GPS radio in their BB phones so that customers have to pay an extra $10 month for something that is already a built in capability of the BB in the first place, a hardware capability that the customer already paid for when they bought the phone. Ok, now that I got that out of the way... If a customer purchases the VZNAV feature, does that mean that the the use of the GPS radio is still locked to the VZNAV application and not open to other applications like Blackberry Maps or Google maps?
    10-01-08 09:20 PM
    First off, I think it's ridiculous that VZ locks the use of the GPS radio in their BB phones so that customers have to pay an extra $10 month for something that is already a built in capability of the BB in the first place, a hardware capability that the customer already paid for when they bought the phone. Ok, now that I got that out of the way... If a customer purchases the VZNAV feature, does that mean that the the use of the GPS radio is still locked to the VZNAV application and not open to other applications like Blackberry Maps or Google maps?
    Correct. You will only be able to get true, spoken turn by turn directions using VZ NAV.

It doesn't unlock the GPS for other apps.

10-02-08 09:20 AM
    You will be able to take advantage of other gps aps if you pay the $10 for vz nav. I currently have both vz nav and google maps 2.3.1. Nothing can substitute the audible turn by turn you get with vz nav. But I love the ability to actually see your physical destination when using google maps. Personally, if it bothered me enough to write, call or pray about it, I would definitely switch carriers!
    10-02-08 10:15 AM
    I want to know why I can't send extended sms texts to other VZW costumers on my BlackBerry? I liked that feature on my krzr.

Thanks in advance for your answer!

10-02-08 09:43 PM
    BB does not support this feature. Sorry to inform you of this. It appears to me that most motorola devices do.
    10-02-08 09:47 PM
    Also, AFAIK, Big Red is phasing out EMS support on its phones due to lack of support on most of their phones as well as most phones on other network.

As far as I know, no smartphone on any network supports EMS, and most dumbphones don't either.
    10-02-08 11:19 PM
    BB does not support this feature. Sorry to inform you of this. It appears to me that most motorola devices do.
    Do we have to have this discussion again?? BB does support this feature. Check out any other thread on this topic. Other carrier BB's support this feature (at&t, t-mo). The question is why does verizon/rim block this feature on verizon BB's?

10-02-08 11:33 PM
    Extended SMS? Is that like MMS or is that the ability to split one mesage over multiple SMS messages? I don't care about the former (e-mail workarounds are easy) but the latter is a nice feature.
    10-03-08 10:25 AM
    Extended SMS? Is that like MMS or is that the ability to split one mesage over multiple SMS messages? I don't care about the former (e-mail workarounds are easy) but the latter is a nice feature.

I don't know the official term but it was a fature that I had with VZW (I'm sure thereare other carriers who hve it too) on my Krzr (most of their phones have it)

It permitted me to send messages over 160 characters to people who als had a VZW phone.

From what I understand, it isn't available for the BlackBerry.
    10-03-08 12:28 PM
    ok i'll give it try. thx! hopefully it'll work.

I have helped a few people with this problum. And have had the problum. It grts stuck in the server and sometimes will come through days later. Dial *228 send option 1 (even if you have done it a ton of times) then pull your battery for 10 sec then put it back on. dial the *228 again option 1. when that all dont test it out. if that does not work call tech support and tell them what you have done. and see if they can reload your text package to kick it in the ****. see if that does it. (DONT CALL TECH ON YOUR CELL PHONE)
    10-03-08 02:02 PM
    Why do I feel like I'm in the twilight zone... Lol.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f68/do-...sk-here-47040/

Glad everyone is doing this though. Good stuff.
    10-03-08 02:41 PM
    I don't know the official term but it was a fature that I had with VZW (I'm sure thereare other carriers who hve it too) on my Krzr (most of their phones have it)

It permitted me to send messages over 160 characters to people who als had a VZW phone.

From what I understand, it isn't available for the BlackBerry.
    Here is what it is:

Enhanced Messaging Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    10-03-08 04:40 PM
    I just got my son a curve and I send him a request for BB mess. and it stays as pending and he hasn't received the request. What can I do?
    10-04-08 08:59 PM
    When I go to the Veizon link for the 8330 upgrade all it shows is the 4.3 version. When will Verizon have the upgrade available or can I upgrade to the next version anywhere else?
    10-04-08 09:17 PM
    There is not release date for the VZW 4.5 yet. You can other 4.5, but VZW tech will not support it
    10-04-08 09:19 PM
    I apologize if this has been discussed. In the past, when new bb's have come out, do they usually give a discount on the new phone? My NE2 is coming up in three weeks and I don't want to add a bunch of my cash to get one. If there is no discount, I will probaly get a curve. I see that VZW offers a $70 discount now. Who knows, the price may come down with a new phone available.
    10-05-08 09:26 PM
    ususally there is some kind of a MFG rebate on a new released device. I have seen them usually run about $50. Then you tack your new every two on top of that.
    10-05-08 09:43 PM
    berry rebates are all $70
    10-06-08 12:20 AM
    I just got my son a curve and I send him a request for BB mess. and it stays as pending and he hasn't received the request. What can I do?
    If you have email address in your sons contact information temporarily delete it. This will force BB messenger to send as a PIN. Then re add email.

10-06-08 04:23 AM
    I know this maybe an impossible question to answer. However, I have converted my husband to BB. We have not purchased it yet though. He is not due for his NE2 yet but CS have never let me down before. My question is this:

Do you think the price of the curve will go lower than the 99.99 when the new BB comes out, should we wait or go full speed ahead (we are going to do the BB exchange program for all the useless phones we have sitting around the house now).

Thanks in advance!
    10-06-08 08:56 AM
    I have a blackberry for work that is currently on ATT. My home phone (an old RAZR) is currently on Verizon, and was purchased using my employer discount program. My company will reimburse me the cost of a new blackberry every 2 years, and I am eligible for that reimbursment now. My ATT contract is up, and I am eligible for my NE2 on Verizon.

Here is my question - if I choose to use my NE2 on Verizon to upgrade my phone to a Blackberry Storm (whenever that may be available) using my business discount program, will Verizon run another credit check? I am trying to minimize hits on my credit right now. I understand that I will also need to add a blackberry data plan to my current voice account (not that it probably matters, but work will reimburse my data charges).

Thoughts from any reps? Thanks!
    10-06-08 09:18 AM
5,111 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD