View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 7778798081 ...
tools
    VZW cannot do anything till RIM supplies the updated OS with out errors. Biatch to RIM not VZW
    04-20-09 08:56 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    04-20-09 09:09 PM
    Since is all digital service, a reasonable argument could be made that even voice is data - all in & out of your phone is converted to ones & zeroes, processed, then reconstituted. But the carriers process both SMS & MMS over a subset of the voice channel.

If you look at your bill, SMS, EMS & MMS are all counted as text and I believe that shutting down data does not affect those. You'd need a separate block on them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Looked at the bill and on this you are correct, sms and mms show under data. I still will stand that MMS is truely sent on the data side and sms the voice side. I think that if data is shut off you cannot do MMS. This is why I say this.

Most devices more dumbphones these days, we can block data as feature. if this done, then MMS cannot be used.
    04-20-09 10:16 PM
    Looked at the bill and on this you are correct, sms and mms show under data. I still will stand that MMS is truely sent on the data side and sms the voice side. I think that if data is shut off you cannot do MMS. This is why I say this.

Most devices more dumbphones these days, we can block data as feature. if this done, then MMS cannot be used.
    This is true. SMS is sent over a voice channel that voice service is not using. MMS is sent over 1xrtt, which is data only.
    04-20-09 10:24 PM

Well, to put this argument to rest, I turned data off on my Blackberry and sent myself an mms with a picture attached, it did _NOT_ send. I sent myself an sms message, and it sent and recvd fine ( I sent both to myself )...

And yes, the National Access Block will prevent mms but not sms.
    04-21-09 01:47 AM
    if an account has a national access block (1XRTT Block) then it will not be able to do mms messaging. It will still be able to do text.
    04-21-09 12:30 PM
    I have a Verizon 8830. How can I change just my wallpaper? Most of the themes I've tried out are memory hogs, and basically, I just want a plain, dark background to provide better contrast so my old, tired eyes can read things more easily.

I just want to use an existing theme with a different background.

However, if i go into themes and press menu button, there is no option to change the wallpaper... apparently, Vzw has disabled this feature.

I'm sure there is an easy solution to this. Would love to know what it is.
    04-21-09 03:06 PM
    I have a Verizon 8830. How can I change just my wallpaper? Most of the themes I've tried out are memory hogs, and basically, I just want a plain, dark background to provide better contrast so my old, tired eyes can read things more easily.

I just want to use an existing theme with a different background.

However, if i go into themes and press menu button, there is no option to change the wallpaper... apparently, Vzw has disabled this feature.

I'm sure there is an easy solution to this. Would love to know what it is.
    If you have a dark background image or a dark wallpaper image, go into media -> images -> select the image, press the blackberry menu button and set as wallpaper.

If you don't have a dark image, activate your camera, cover the lens with your finger and take a picture, then set it as your wallpaper.
    04-21-09 03:47 PM
    Well, to put this argument to rest, I turned data off on my Blackberry and sent myself an mms with a picture attached, it did _NOT_ send. I sent myself an sms message, and it sent and recvd fine ( I sent both to myself )...

And yes, the National Access Block will prevent mms but not sms.
    There was no doubt in mind that I was right and knew that MMS would not work. Thank you for the ultimate test
    04-21-09 06:18 PM
    There was no doubt in mind that I was right and knew that MMS would not work. Thank you for the ultimate test
    My pleasure And if anyone is interested, after I re-enabled the data, the mms message automatically sent, I didn't have to resend it.
    04-21-09 10:02 PM
    VZW VIP Member, 4 lines (2 are BB's)

No problem with them at all....
    04-21-09 10:12 PM
    While I understand you may not know the answer to this (unrelated) question I'll shoot anyway.

No one a Verizon can answer me and it's impossible to reach RIM so here it goes:

Am I really that stupid that I can't save apps to my Storm's memory card or RIM developed a huge app store where you only can download 3 apps at a time otherwise the Storm runs out of memory?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks
    04-21-09 10:17 PM
    NOt sure about the three apps thing, but I do know that you can stire apps on your SD card, but they cannot be run from it.
    04-21-09 10:28 PM
    Hi, I new to this Black Berry thing and just bought a Curve, I had the Storm for 20 days and just could not handle the touch pad. I got a data plan for my Berry, unlimited but do you use your minutes on you plan when using the internet?

Thank you..

Brad
    04-22-09 08:23 AM
    does vzw have a club for valued customers? if so what are the qualifications
    04-22-09 09:35 AM
    Brad, the answer to your question is no.

D

04-22-09 10:09 AM

They do classify some customers as VIP customers, they will send you something when you qualify

So a search on Verizon Wireless VIP, there are a few threads already on it.
    04-22-09 02:35 PM
    call CS or go to a store and they will tell u if you're eligible or not
    04-22-09 03:38 PM
    My wife and I currently have very dumb phones with very basic service. I am considering dragging myself kicking and screaming into the 21st century by getting a BB. The VZW web site list family plans for connect and premium service with "mobile email" and "unlimited data for mobile web". There is no mention of family plans for BB service. While the family plan rates appear more attractive I assume that the connect and premium plans are not usable or suitable for BB users and that no family plans are available for BB service. Are these assumptions accurate. My wife has little need for data service, but I probably would get a BB for her anyway if data were available at a reasonable cost under a family plan
    04-22-09 04:40 PM
    My wife and I currently have very dumb phones with very basic service. I am considering dragging myself kicking and screaming into the 21st century by getting a BB. The VZW web site list family plans for connect and premium service with "mobile email" and "unlimited data for mobile web". There is no mention of family plans for BB service. While the family plan rates appear more attractive I assume that the connect and premium plans are not usable or suitable for BB users and that no family plans are available for BB service. Are these assumptions accurate. My wife has little need for data service, but I probably would get a BB for her anyway if data were available at a reasonable cost under a family plan
    Family plans cover the voice minutes, based on the total number of minutes needed. For BlackBerry or other smartphones, you can use the basis & select plans, depending on whether or not you need unlimited texting. If the majority of your texts are to each other or other VZW phones, go basic with an add-on texting plan.

The data plan is $30 per line with no familiy plan discounts. Data plans are required for smartphones.

04-22-09 04:49 PM
    I switched jobs recently, so I've been setting up my BB Curve 8330 (VZW) with my new Outlook email. I use Desktop Manager to sync everything but email, which is through a POP server (Outlook via Yahoo Business email). This should come in just like Gmail or Yahoo, but it's not happening. I can send an Outlook email from my BB and it shows up on my computer's Outlook, but not in the reverse direction. I'm obviously missing a step in the setup somewhere, but can't figure it out. Help.
    04-22-09 04:53 PM
    So your issue is that email sent from your pc are not shown on your Blackberry? This is normal.

04-22-09 07:30 PM
    have so many problems, where do I start?
    04-22-09 09:11 PM
    #648 .
    04-22-09 09:56 PM

The data plan is $30 per line with no familiy plan discounts
    I wonder if we will see family data plans anytime soon, with smart phones becoming more popular. Kind of like family texting plans.

I seen something in our local paper that said people in Ohio are cutting land line service at a rate of about 1 million people per year, and 69% of those people are getting BB and other smart phones with data.
    04-22-09 11:19 PM
5,111 ... 7778798081 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD