View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 7677787980 ...
tools
    Hang in there. VZW should be getting the Niagara soon.
    04-18-09 10:57 AM
    Ok my first question is how do i know if im on the VIP status on verizon i can pm you my cell if you need it.

Also im eligible for an upgrade in about a year lol. Is my contract up when im eligible for an upgrade or does verizon offer upgrades before the contract is up? Also im on an employee plan how do i know or how can i get the pricing for phones based on that cause all i see online is the price for full retail and no employee discount price.
    04-18-09 12:36 PM
    Best thing to do is call VZW - 800-922-0204 and have a rep review your account for these questions
    04-18-09 12:46 PM
    Does anyone know when Verizon is releasingt the Storms OS update?
    I am running 4.7.0.75, is the the most up to date version of the OS for Verizon? Thank you for your answers in advance
    04-18-09 04:44 PM
    Nope. It will come out when ready. Thats all we know
    04-18-09 04:46 PM
    Not true. As long as you switch ESN on the same Bill Account you can carry Insurance.
    Seriously? Because when I went through care training (which we had to do for Tech) we were told it then falls under the "Customer provided equipment" provision, which means it isn't insurance eligible.
    04-18-09 05:52 PM
    idk if anyone already answered but blackberry.com/verizonwireless
    04-18-09 07:45 PM
    Just FYI, that link doesn't work.... do you mean BlackBerry Internet Service ?
    04-18-09 08:28 PM
    Thanks, lastraid .... but then wouldn't I be stuck with a BB dataplan on her # for 1/2yr before I could cancel it without penalty? From what I think I read, cancelling or downgrading service within 180days is subject to fairly hefty (~$250) penalty ....
    I don't think anyone caught this - yes, it is a penalty if you're going through BestBuy, Amazon or something similar. If you go directly with VZW or a Premium Retailer, you can do as these guys are telling you. Third party dealers, like BestBuy, you will get hit with their downgrade fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 10:40 PM

what is that link supposed to be for?
    04-19-09 03:04 AM
    Seriously? Because when I went through care training (which we had to do for Tech) we were told it then falls under the "Customer provided equipment" provision, which means it isn't insurance eligible.

Yes really it lets you do that.
    Say I am using an annual upgrade, it doesn't give me the option of doing an alternate upgrade. So then I will have to do an esn switch after using that up. And after I have done the esn switch, I can still put the 4.99 or 5.99 insurance on that alternate number I moved the new phone to.
    04-19-09 03:07 AM
    Interesting. I'll have to check policy docs on that and see if it's actually considered valid at that point.
    04-19-09 11:41 AM
    i have a centro and as much as i love it, it doesn't love me. the Blackberry has been recommended, but i don't want the storm, and the other ones have been out for a while. when and what will the new releases be?
    04-19-09 12:00 PM
    The new models will be out sometime after today.

Anything else is a guess.

04-19-09 02:09 PM
    some time after tomorrow too.
    04-19-09 05:37 PM
    When you upgrade the os on the storm, and have to reactivate the phone, does vzw charge you an activation fee everytime you do this? If so, what is the fee?
    04-20-09 09:27 AM
    No. You're reactivating current equipment....

When you upgrade the os on the storm, and have to reactivate the phone, does vzw charge you an activation fee everytime you do this? If so, what is the fee?
    04-20-09 09:42 AM
    hi. I'm a blackberry and crackberry noob. just got my curve 3 days ago . i was just wondering if and where i can get google talk for this thing because i can't seem to find a place to download it straight to my bb.
    04-20-09 12:51 PM
    You could go to BlackBerry - Google Talk on your PC or go to http://mobile.blackberry.com from your BB and go to the featured apps section.

Rgds/Mark M.

hi. I'm a blackberry and crackberry noob. just got my curve 3 days ago . i was just wondering if and where i can get google talk for this thing because i can't seem to find a place to download it straight to my bb.
    04-20-09 02:41 PM
    i was wondering if vzw was offering family and friends as an add on, i'm on the 1400 shared and i barely use 1000 minutes together but however with the in-calling i'm making a killing on minutes, i'm paying over 200.00 a month for minutes i really dont use. i will stick with what i have if i have no choice but are the offering that as an add on
    04-20-09 03:08 PM
    i was wondering if vzw was offering family and friends as an add on, i'm on the 1400 shared and i barely use 1000 minutes together but however with the in-calling i'm making a killing on minutes, i'm paying over 200.00 a month for minutes i really dont use. i will stick with what i have if i have no choice but are the offering that as an add on
    Not yet....I wish they would though...
    04-20-09 03:22 PM
    I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered already but I didn't want to search 100+ pages of posts (sorry I'm lazy). I am fairly new to BlackBerry and Smartphones in general but I am going to be going on a cruise and I don't want to have insane 'Ship to Shore' charges when I get back. If I turn off my Data Service it will stop all e-mails and SMS and MMS messages and all that right? Thanks in advance for not chastising me for being an newbie and helping.
    04-20-09 06:14 PM
    I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered already but I didn't want to search 100+ pages of posts (sorry I'm lazy). I am fairly new to BlackBerry and Smartphones in general but I am going to be going on a cruise and I don't want to have insane 'Ship to Shore' charges when I get back. If I turn off my Data Service it will stop all e-mails and SMS and MMS messages and all that right? Thanks in advance for not chastising me for being an newbie and helping.
    Just turn your phone off while your out. The wireless cruise ship charges are insane anyway.
    04-20-09 07:14 PM
    Turning off data will stop email, but not SMS or MMS messages.

You could set data to Off When Roaming, then set your phone to home only - but then again, you might as well turn off your phone & leave it in the suitcase.

MMS uses data to xmit, so turning off data service should stop MMS no?
    04-20-09 07:24 PM
    Verizon Needz 2 Step Up 2 Tha Plate And Get They Os's On Point They Laggin Hellas!!!
    04-20-09 07:40 PM
5,111 ... 7677787980 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD