View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 7576777879 ...
tools
    Yes to both...had my friend send an email to test about 15 minutes ago, and showed up on my inbox on my computer, but no notifications on my BB
    04-16-09 02:30 PM
    I currently have the BB Pearl on VZW on a 1400 Minute Family Share Plan. I started a new job and they gave me a BB Bold on AT&T. During the day, I don't want to carry around two phones so want to forward all of my personal calls from my BB Pearl to my BB Bold. So my question is about minutes.

1 -- If I list my BB Bold (on the AT&T network) as one of my friends and family numbers, will I be charged minutes on VZW for the call forwarding? I called VZW CS twice. One rep said the forwarding wouldn't count against my minutes. The other rep said friends and family doesn't apply to call forwarding. I couldn't find any documentation on the VZW site either way.

2 -- If the caller to my BB Pearl number is already on VZW member (which most are) or also listed on my friends and family list (my parents), will those minutes still be "free" under my plan? Or, conversely, if someone calls who is outside the network, can I assume those minutes will be deducted? I just want to make sure I am not "double" charged for the minutes -- both for the out of network call AND the forwarding.

Thanks.

PS -- Love the BB Bold and can't wait until I can upgrade my BB Pearl to a BB "Niagara" this summer.
    Last edited by dbfbulk; 04-16-09 at 03:20 PM.
    04-16-09 03:14 PM
    And, as of about 30 minutes ago, my email quit, too. It must be a RIM email issue.

There are added issues when adding an extra layer of connectivity - WinMo & Palm phones still have working email. Until fixed, I will have to fire up the laptop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 03:57 PM
    My above post was in response to:
    Yes to both...had my friend send an email to test about 15 minutes ago, and showed up on my inbox on my computer, but no notifications on my BB
    I really hate vBulletin's sloppy code that keeps you from editing many mobile posts...

04-16-09 04:00 PM
    And, as of about 30 minutes ago, my email quit, too. It must be a RIM email issue.
    My email has been working fine (knock on wood)

My above post was in response to:
    I really hate vBulletin's sloppy code that keeps you from editing many mobile posts...
    I wish we could get the reply with quote fixed for mobile post, mine works about once every 30 days.
    04-16-09 05:41 PM
    I wish we could get the reply with quote fixed for mobile post, mine works about once every 30 days.
    It has to do with the browser not liking the sloppy mobile script vB uses. Something in a previous post is usually what sets it off. It is also sometimes a need for the admins to optimize the database.

On this post, I am having to do the copy, esc, esc, paste routine.

And, as of right now, I also have seen no more email problems. It is working perfectly.

04-16-09 07:18 PM
    i want got greenginder for my blackberry curve 8330 with verizon. However it is hooked up with a 3rd party gps how can i get this work?
    04-16-09 09:04 PM
    1. Friends and Family does not count call forwarding. You will be charged minutes.

2. Could you rephrase the question?

04-16-09 09:07 PM
    i want got greenginder for my blackberry curve 8330 with verizon. However it is hooked up with a 3rd party gps how can i get this work?
    On VZW curve you cannot. You can either use VZNav or BBMaps
    04-16-09 09:12 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/ver...en-208386-new/

I'd like to hear from the reps on this in the other thread.
    04-16-09 09:40 PM
    Hello -

My wife and I are both eligible for phone upgrades under the NE2 program. She has the primary number, so gets an additional $50 off of the online upgrade pricing. She only wants a 'normal' phone, while I want a Storm ...

If she chooses the Storm as her upgrade (to get the lower price), can I activate it on my number? Of course, I'd have to add a data-plan ... but would Verizon allow this? OR, does the phone have to be activated on the number that chose it?

Thanks!
    Ray
    04-16-09 10:58 PM
    You have to activate the device agaonst the line it was orderd on. After that it can be moved to your line. This happens all the time and it is not hard to do.
    04-16-09 11:02 PM
    Thanks, lastraid .... but then wouldn't I be stuck with a BB dataplan on her # for 1/2yr before I could cancel it without penalty? From what I think I read, cancelling or downgrading service within 180days is subject to fairly hefty (~$250) penalty ....
    04-16-09 11:24 PM
    If you are both getting phones, or even if not, use the line with NE2 and activate it there. Move everything over to your line and put the regular phone back on the her line. THere is no penalty for this
    04-16-09 11:26 PM
    But don't forget it also eliminates insurance

04-17-09 03:06 PM
    You have to activate the device agaonst the line it was orderd on. After that it can be moved to your line. This happens all the time and it is not hard to do.
    That's not true...you can do an alternate upgrade...I do it all the time!
    04-17-09 05:33 PM
    Last time I checked an upgrade is done against the line that eligable. So you are telling that the device can activated against another line and the right upgraded line updated with appropriate infomration? Cool PM and let me know how.
    04-17-09 05:38 PM
    Just click on the alternate mdn box and pick an eligible line when doing an upgrade.

04-17-09 06:45 PM
    But don't forget it also eliminates insurance

Not true. As long as you switch ESN on the same Bill Account you can carry Insurance.
    04-17-09 11:03 PM
    Correct Alternate Upg would be the better option here.
    04-17-09 11:04 PM
    I'm on Alltel now and am out of my contract.

When everything goes through, will I be forced to go to a Verizon plan since I'm not contracted?

Bummin... I like alltel's coverage and plans, and not their phones.

Don't like Verizon's plans much. I really don't want a Storm either. Ugh...

Looking like T-Mo with their sucky coverage if I have to jump to Verizon...
    04-18-09 11:10 AM
    I believe you can keep you plan, if you purchase a VZW device and contract with VZW you will be required to switch to plan for VZW. In the long run all customers that have come over will be converted (asimulated) to VZW plan and devices.
    04-18-09 11:13 AM
    Cool, thank you. Wasn't sure if they'd just auto-assimilate immediately since I wasn't contracted.

I figured there would have to be an assimilation eventually tho. Just figured I'd get it imediately since well, they could, haha...
    04-18-09 11:24 AM
    Cool, thank you. Wasn't sure if they'd just auto-assimilate immediately since I wasn't contracted.

I figured there would have to be an assimilation eventually tho. Just figured I'd get it imediately since well, they could, haha...
    There will be a billing conversion that should be complete by the end of Sept. I do not have my resources right now, but you can VZW 800-922-0204 and talk to them and they can give more details about your question.
    04-18-09 11:29 AM
    Well thank you. Just spoke with them on your advice. They really don't have a timeframe of course.

Basically, for now I won't be "automatically" assimilated, but at some point I of course will be, as well as customers coming out of contracts and needing new equipment.

So, not much more than what you were so kind as to share with me. Thank you for posting, I appreciate it. I'm sure the same question has been asked a hundred times, I just couldn't quite find it

Sadly (for the phone I'd rather have, 8900/Bold etc and plan price point), it's looking like T-Mo (ugh) I'm afraid their coverage is gonna suck here. It sure doesn't look so great compared to CDMA Verizon/Alltel at all... Sigh... Just not sure I can do a Storm with all the issues they seem to have

Thanks again
    04-18-09 11:45 AM
5,111 ... 7576777879 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD