View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 7475767778 ...
tools
    You should be able to do that, yes.
    04-13-09 07:22 PM
    What is the likelyhood of the VZW coverage in my area improving after the merge with Alltel is complete?
    04-14-09 10:34 AM
    If you're in Shreveport it should be good to begin with. Once the merger is complete, it should get better.
    04-14-09 03:00 PM
    It is good. EVERYWHERE except for at my house and where I work. The two places where I spend 90% of my time lol
    04-14-09 03:24 PM
    If this has already been asked I apologize in advance.

I am currently an alltel customer but I want to change over to Verizon and get the Blackberry Storm.

I was told by a VZW rep that I had to wait 4 months till the end of my contract to switch. This is the same if I wanted to upgrade my phone at alltel.

Is he correct? He did look up my number and then that is when he gave me the information so I am hopeful that it is good info.

I am due for an upgrade on May 22 - So I am moving on over to Verizon and getting the Blackberry Storm. I really hope my information is correct.

Kenny
    For you to change over to VZW you have to have 4 months or less on your current account. This is for all Alltel customers.
    04-14-09 04:21 PM
    It is good. EVERYWHERE except for at my house and where I work. The two places where I spend 90% of my time lol
    If by at your house you mean inside, not much we can do abourt that except sell you a network extender. We can't and don't promise any quality of service inside of buildings. Also look at hte terrain around the two areas... lots of trees or high buildings surrounding?
    04-14-09 05:08 PM
    This question has more than likely been answered but I've tried searching and couldn't find it. I have a Blackberry Storm and have the lesser data pack. I was wondering what the difference is. Because the "lesser" data pack is still more or less unlimited. I'm asking this because I don't to go over on my data and I have Pandora on my phone and it uses a lot of data. Thank you.
    04-14-09 06:44 PM
    This question has more than likely been answered but I've tried searching and couldn't find it. I have a Blackberry Storm and have the lesser data pack. I was wondering what the difference is. Because the "lesser" data pack is still more or less unlimited. I'm asking this because I don't to go over on my data and I have Pandora on my phone and it uses a lot of data. Thank you.
    Both are unlimited. the $45 plan is got BES users only. another words your device is attached to a company server. No, not email server.
    04-14-09 07:12 PM
    Pearl flip for Verizon? PLEASE....
    04-14-09 10:36 PM
    i have a question for a rep. I have a family plan and hold the primary line. The primary line is not up for a new phone until next year but the 2nd line is due now. I heard there was a way to switch the lines and have the primary be able to get the ne2 discount that was due the 2nd line but just wanted to know what it entailed. Would i be able to keep my phone number? Thanks.
    04-14-09 10:41 PM
    Actually just buy the phone with the one that's eligible for upgrade and then swap the esn's over. That's the way to handle it.
    04-14-09 10:43 PM
    Pearl flip for Verizon? PLEASE....
    It'll get here when it gets here.
    04-14-09 11:16 PM
    What would someone who is on Alltel have to do to get a Storm?
    04-15-09 07:47 AM
    So you have no idea when.... Lol. Which colors will be available?
    04-15-09 08:36 AM
    Sorry to keep bugging you, just really like this phone. I want to keep the best service and use Blackberry flip.
    04-15-09 08:48 AM
    So you have no idea when.... Lol. Which colors will be available?
    Not too much info has been passed along so far, aside from the fact that we're getting it. Should know soon though......
    04-15-09 09:40 AM
    I know this is a dumb question but I want to make sure I don't incur any major fees by using this app. Can I use the Iheart radio app on my 8330 and just my regular data plan? I have the $29.99 unlimited. I don't want to use this app and then get a $3000 bill because I was unaware of some limit or usage fee.
    04-16-09 01:05 AM
    oh yeah, i have been using iheartradio with the same plan as you for a couple of months, its awesome too!! i used 900meg last month from that app alone and it just charged as unlimited data.
    04-16-09 08:22 AM
    Hello,

Just have a quick question for all you VZW reps. I'm going to be moving to a different state for a new job in a few months. I was curious, does VZW let you change your phone number, so my colleagues won't be shelling out for the long distance? If they do does it cost anything extra? Or would just adding another line with a local number make more sense?

Thank you.
    04-16-09 10:48 AM
    oh yeah, i have been using iheartradio with the same plan as you for a couple of months, its awesome too!! i used 900meg last month from that app alone and it just charged as unlimited data.
    Thank you very much! That is the information that I was looking for. I absolutely agree with you, I tried this app for a few minutes and it was great.
    04-16-09 11:09 AM
    I'm going to be moving to a different state for a new job in a few months. I was curious, does VZW let you change your phone number, so my colleagues won't be shelling out for the long distance? If they do does it cost anything extra? Or would just adding another line with a local number make more sense?
    You can change the number or keep your old one - it is your choice, based on your needs. A rep may suggest a number change, but it isn't required.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 11:14 AM
    Thank you, better for me to change the number then than shell out for an extra line. Although, that is a way to score one of the latest and greatest blackberries I guess. Or god forbid just save money for one or shudder wait. . .
    04-16-09 11:23 AM
    People still pay long distance in this day and age, with unlimited local and long distance behind every corner.

04-16-09 12:40 PM
    Is there something wrong with Verizon's server, not getting email on my BlackBerry Storm. The only emails coming through are the emails receipts that I send through my Gmail on the computer. My Gmail app works fine, but I have 3 other emails that are linked to my Blackberry.

Please help!!!
    04-16-09 12:42 PM
    Is there something wrong with Verizon's server, not getting email on my BlackBerry Storm. The only emails coming through are the emails receipts that I send through my Gmail on the computer. My Gmail app works fine, but I have 3 other emails that are linked to my Blackberry.

Please help!!!
    I wish there was a server outage. About 20 emails in the past hour alone.

If you can use data, nothing wrong with VZW servers. There doesn't appear to be a RIM issue. Have you tried a phone reset or service book update?

04-16-09 01:10 PM
5,111 ... 7475767778 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD