View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 7374757677 ...
tools
    But what about BBM, and pin messages??
    Both BBM and PIN messages require data
    04-11-09 07:35 PM
    A lot of things can affect cell service in an area where coverage is otherwise sufficient. Most of these things are out of the realm of carrier control.

• Microwave towers
    • Power lines (both overhead & buried)
    • Building construction
    • Radar installations
    • Soil composition
    • Electrical fields (both natural & manmade)
    • Magnetic fields (both natural & manmade)
    • Solar activity
    • Other random interference

Some of these things are correctable, while some are not. Some are transient, while others are not - none are correctable by a carrier. Some may affect one carrier more than another, but all carriers are affected.

Think about your car radio. Pass beneath an underpass and your signal degrades. Drive near power lines & you hear static. Some people, like me, can grab a car radio antenna & knock out the signal. This shows you that 50,000watt AM & 100,000watt FM stations are affected. Your BlackBerry transmits with less than a watt of radio power.

Coverage is set by areas much larger than a home. I can't get a signal in parts of mine without an extender, even though I have several towers - disguised as palm trees & saguaro cacti - all within range. I sit in my backyard & run below -60db with greater than 1Mbps speed on a tethered laptop. But 100 feet away, nothing. Carriers do not guarantee you won't see this. They can't guarantee it, as it is not within reasonable radio performance.

And when you get right down to it, our phones are simply walkie-talkie radios.

well i live in a valley, high elevation power lines. pretty much i drive 10 miles in every direction of my house without service
    04-12-09 01:08 PM
    I upgraded to the latest version however about 3 times a week, when trying to send picture/multimedia messages, they won't send. Is there a new version out?
    04-12-09 03:39 PM
    I upgraded to the latest version however about 3 times a week, when trying to send picture/multimedia messages, they won't send. Is there a new version out?
    Forgive me, as none of your extended info is viewable on mobile here. What phone & what OS are you running now?

If you're upgrading three times per week, I can't see where you're using stable versions of any OS - they just aren't coming out that fast.

Reports of fouled messaging abound for some folks on non-Sprint Curves using the Sprint .131 OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 03:58 PM
    Let's ask a few questions. Click on options and about and what OS version do you have? Are you able to browse the web using the browser? Can you recieve mms? Are you able to send/recieve any e-mail?
    04-12-09 06:35 PM
    I have 4.5.0.77 right now on platform 3.2.9.51 if that means anything.
    I am able to browse the web and can send and recieve mms and e-mail. What is weird is like today I tried sending out a picture message and after retrying 3 times I had to do 2 battery pulls and said forget it.
    Also when I switch over on my call waiting, the person that's calling through is dead. There's no one there.
    04-12-09 07:21 PM
    The person calling through is dead. Do not give me your number. This might be a network or account issue. But before those hastles, I would *228 opt 2 and do another register now. See if this helps

04-12-09 08:07 PM
    I just got this phone about 2 weeks ago. It could be that it needs updated. I didn't think of that. LoL, if it keeps up I'll take it into the store. It's just weird because the last time it did the MMS thing, it was because it needed upgraded.
    04-12-09 08:21 PM
    No reason to take it to the store, they cannot upgeade BB devices. If your device is only 2 weeks old and you bought from VZW, then it has current software on it. Has it worked at all in the past two weeks? Either way I woukd just 800-922-0204 and have a tech look at the account and work with you on the device.
    04-12-09 08:32 PM
    I know it may be a month old at the most... I had to get a replacement because my G and M key quit working without hitting them a certain way... I works every once in awhile. usually after 1 or 2 battery pulls.
    04-12-09 10:30 PM
    is your account close to eligible for upgrade? Sounds like you might have gotten a not-so-good replacement
    04-12-09 10:43 PM
    Nope, I'm not eligible for any upgrades for another year or so. I usually end up getting a new phone every year paying full price... If I get a good chunk of cash, it looks like I'll be doing it again...
    04-12-09 10:54 PM
    Well, you can try calling tech and seeing about having it fixed. Honestly though it could also be a network issue if you're not able to send mms. Let us check it out.
    04-12-09 10:58 PM
    VZW Did get Alltels my circle plan that you can add up to 10 numbers to call for free outside VZW customers
    04-12-09 11:00 PM
    We have that. It's called "Friends and Family". 10 numbers is for family plans 5 for individuals.
    04-12-09 11:11 PM
    I have a question. I found a verizon storm at the bar a week ago in the restroom. I tried to turn it into the bartender and he told me to just keep it so I told him to lmk if anyone asked for it. Anyway nobody has. I am a Altell customer and I was wondering if there was anyway I could use it or is it useless bc it will probably be reported lost.
    04-12-09 11:51 PM
    Useless. It'll be reported lost/stolen.
    04-12-09 11:55 PM
    VZW Did get Alltels my circle plan that you can add up to 10 numbers to call for free outside VZW customers
    We have that. It's called "Friends and Family". 10 numbers is for family plans 5 for individuals.
    The thing to note though, is that it is not for the lowest level plans. You need to have the second tier of plans in order to get that feature.
    04-13-09 12:08 AM
    so if it is reported lost there is no way to get around it
    04-13-09 12:19 AM
    guess i will give it to verizon
    04-13-09 12:30 AM
    If my new every two is on September 10th do you think if I go in to verizon I could upgrade to a new blackerry.

04-13-09 01:24 PM
    You have a VZW account and it's due for update on 09/10/2009 than I don't see why not. Just make sure at least a 29.99/month data feature is available in your budget.
    04-13-09 04:52 PM
    If I were to buy a Blackberry Bold is there anyway to get verizon service on it?
    04-13-09 04:57 PM
    If I were to buy a Blackberry Bold is there anyway to get verizon service on it?
    Nope. Two different types of technology that are incompatible with each other.
    04-13-09 05:18 PM
    If this has already been asked I apologize in advance.

I am currently an alltel customer but I want to change over to Verizon and get the Blackberry Storm.

I was told by a VZW rep that I had to wait 4 months till the end of my contract to switch. This is the same if I wanted to upgrade my phone at alltel.

Is he correct? He did look up my number and then that is when he gave me the information so I am hopeful that it is good info.

I am due for an upgrade on May 22 - So I am moving on over to Verizon and getting the Blackberry Storm. I really hope my information is correct.

Kenny
    04-13-09 08:15 PM
5,111 ... 7374757677 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD